Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1972TA22GT
Newcomer

October 2004
icon3.gif  Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Sat, 09 October 2004 12:07 Go to next message
Hi, I am after an original factory TA22 GT celica, ie with the standard hubcaps etc.

Anyone interested in selling... Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Sat, 09 October 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing your funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

some food for thought... if you want an original then try looking at yahoo japan, cause if someone has one they wont get rid of it and if they do then you cant afford it unless your kerry paker

over the last 6months there have been a few go through yahoo japan for a PRETTY PENNY (im talking $10000 plus), then theres shipping (providing they will send out to OZ)

anyway once again good luck Rolling Eyes youll eed it
1972TA22GT
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Sat, 09 October 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm...Thanks fade-e. A GT in good condition and complete. Not mint or altered so much that its not true to its original design. I appreciate the info.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Sun, 10 October 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what fade-e said. if you want a good one be prepared to fork over 15000 plus to have it shipped over from japan, IF there is a good one for sale as they are so popular over there i did a bit of research into getting one and unless you have big $$$ your dreaming.

Daniel.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Sun, 10 October 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you'll have a really hard time gettin one over here, of course you can always get all the gt parts yourself and "make" a gt, but that might end up being just as costly an excercise
guttermouth
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Mon, 11 October 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make or get a replica dude
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Tue, 12 October 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as said before 15k plus. i tried this about 6 months ago.
there are still afew available in jap. but they like to get good money for them. and importing a 30 year old car with no real idea of the history and not being able to veiw the car personally was too much of a risk.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Tue, 12 October 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently Toyota Australia imported about 6 TA22 GTs around 1974. I don't know how to link properly but there is a picture of it here with a 13b Smile
http://www.geocities.com/ta22_cka/main.html

The owner is probably someone here Laughing

So if you want one really badly, then you might have some tracking down to do!
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Wed, 13 October 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy that owns that is on the ausrotary forum but I don't think he will sell it
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Wed, 13 October 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Anyone who puts a rotar in a rare full JDM GT TA22 obviously has little appreciation for the car. That's why you get an old LT for - but not a GT. Dumb!!!!!!

seeyuzz
river
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Wed, 13 October 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i thought! he butchered it with tubs perhaps too

Daniel
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Wed, 13 October 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, I wouldn't touch it (rotar TA22 GT) with an Eadie-Elvis pole!!!

You can always try and get a TA27 GT. It's the same as the RA25 shape (early liftback with 5 tailights per side on the rear and the fluted bonnet) but with the 2TG engine (RA25 had the 18R series engine). I've been told by a few people that you may be able to get a good example in Oz (after purchase, import tax, compliance, etc) for around $12k-$15k. It'd certainly be different, 'cos I don't know of any TA27s in the country. They come up for sale in Japan every so often, but like it was mentioned in this topic, they're pretty old cars now and most owners (due to the cost of keeping old cars in Japan) would either be keeping these rare treasures, and I doubt they sell them for anything less than a premium amount.

As far as converting an LT into a GT - check the forums 'cos this topic has come up recently and, due to the cost and rarity of GT parts, I think you'd be forking out a fortune (let alone trying to find GT parts) and even then not have a true "GT" if that's what you're really after.

In any event, best of luck getting an old JDM GT Smile

seeyuzz
river
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Thu, 14 October 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That guy who BUTCHERED the JDM GT should be SHOT Skull - Blink Skull - Blink Skull
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Thu, 14 October 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The story goes the 1st owner tubbed it the 2nd owner 13b'd it and the 3rd owner the currnet one is trying to fix the mess the other 2 owners did. Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 05:36]

74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Thu, 14 October 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonder where the original 2T-G engine is?
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Thu, 14 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably in another TA22. Razz
TA22
Regular

June 2003
Re: Original Factory TA22 GT Wanted... Mon, 18 July 2005 18:54 Go to previous message
hello boys, i might as well post in all the threads tonight

yeh a little sad to see the original gt go

id love to see it a gt again
but its hard to imagine. its mainly the tubs that would be the hardest. everything else is reversible

last owner sed he got rid of the seats guages and motor, im not sure if he knew about the existance of gts tho.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS, sprinter, good for track
Next Topic:FOR SALE: 20v Corolla sedan
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:41:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071158409118652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.