Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:16 Go to next message
Who watched it ? Well that is 4 hours of my life im not getting back...

RUBBISH !!!
  Send a private message to this user    
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, yes. you would think that they might actaully finish what they started, like with the kid with the mustang (sean), he left home and then nothing! what happened with him? and the interracial couple, she was having a baby, then nothing! plus, how the fuck did she get preggers in the first place?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gf is hooked, i caught the end of it and i duno i cant really comment on it Rolling Eyes
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was great, but Im into those Xfiles type series.

In case anyone didnt like the ending, thats because its not an ending. Theres 13 more next year sometime... Smile
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that explains it. to me the ending really makes a movie/mini series event(?Confused). i didnt mind the whole story, a bit of it was corny, but you cant avoid that with americans in any serious (as in, not comedy) movie, the thing that pissed me off was the ending, but given that you say there will be more, i guess ill probably watch them... Razz Embarassed
cyclist
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should have known, they couldn't deal with all their issues in the measly time of a couple of hours. But the future thing was a good twist towards the end. I'm hooked for the future eps.......
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I watched the first half last night, but missed out on the second half because I was busy servicing a lovely ladyfriend of mine. Still, I would have liked to have seen the conclusion!

PS - Copulating to the sound of Dawn Of The Dead playing on the TV in the background can make for some weirdly aggressive shagging Evil or Very Mad
cyclist
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stereomike wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 00:24

I watched the first half last night, but missed out on the second half because I was busy servicing a lovely ladyfriend of mine. Evil or Very Mad

There's always doggie style ??
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I watched the first half and was hooked and liked it.

And mega cut I slept thru and missed the finish.. as I am quite sick.

Anyone kind enuff to fill me in if you have time.
Wer ethey here to change the world for the better.

If so what was the purpose of
*The B&W couple
*The guy who stole his young bros chick
*The lil gurl who can ser the future

Does the dudes son wakeup or die.

Take some pity, I really would like a fill in.

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What was the twist, and so it will continue, its a mini series?
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 00:36

Well I watched the first half and was hooked and liked it.

And mega cut I slept thru and missed the finish.. as I am quite sick.

Anyone kind enuff to fill me in if you have time.
Wer ethey here to change the world for the better.

If so what was the purpose of
*The B&W couple
*The guy who stole his young bros chick
*The lil gurl who can ser the future

Does the dudes son wakeup or die.

Take some pity, I really would like a fill in.

they didnt finish any of those 3 stories (b&w couple, little girl, or girlfriend stealer)

the dudes son was meant to be a means of communication for the cop guy (unlce tom - lol) to help the 4400. he did wake up, but he didnt know who he was, until the end, when we found out he was some guy (they didnt make this clear as to exactly who he was), but like i said, he was meant to be the communication thing.

the 4400 people were abtucted by humans from the future, who were attempting to save the human race, as it was dying out in their future. apparently, the abductees played a role in setting the course of history in the right diretion (similar to the terminator????).
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 4400 were brought back to our time to save humanity. There are lots of little stories going on but Tom Baldwin is supposed to help the 4400 do their job. His son Kyle who was in a coma was supposed to be a means of communication for "them" and us however his nephew Sean interrupted Kyle's coma. The 4400 were chosen because they would best help fix humanity's problem. It turns out they were taken by humans. Our decendants from the future.
We don't know how Lily got pregnant but chances are her baby is from the future and the mega rich guy knows something about the baby that we don't and wants it for himself.
I thought it was a pretty good ending because it allowed us to reflect on ourselves like when the "vigilante" guy's death made the rest of his community get off their arses and make the neighbourhood a safer place.
Or maybe I'm thinking HSC Journeys too much Razz
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasn't that bad i thought it was pretty good
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What mega-rich dude..... and what u mean want the baby, in what way, does he hack open her stomach?
Whats his background

and the dud ein coma, is communication vessel... how so?
What fucced up when the dude interupted his coma?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

In the future, all cars are masifly ghey with teh aids - they're all FWD with pissy electric motors and look like eggs and cannot drift in any manner what so ever. So, they've collected people from the past to see if they can rebuild a combustion engined RWD vehicle that can drift. Humanity, in the future, has realised that without driftable RWD cars they will surely and slowly die - as all the youth are gheyer than hi-fibre brown bread (with ricotta and lettuce topping).

Ergo, go back and find out how to make proper cars.

Look around you, see the ghey cars we are getting. It's happening already. I've put my hand up to come back and help the world from this miserable death.

seeyuzz
river

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was a pretty decent show but they should have ended it there and then becuase now the series is gonna suck ass and be extremely ghey wif teh aids...

just my 1.5 c
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: The 4400 Mon, 11 October 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stereomike wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 00:24

I watched the first half last night, but missed out on the second half because I was busy servicing a lovely ladyfriend of mine. Still, I would have liked to have seen the conclusion!

PS - Copulating to the sound of Dawn Of The Dead playing on the TV in the background can make for some weirdly aggressive shagging Evil or Very Mad

no pics, no care. Laughing
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The 4400 Tue, 12 October 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absolute crap
wtf was with the swaying trees at the end?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The 4400 Tue, 12 October 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

mynameisrodney wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 12:50

wtf was with the swaying trees at the end?

They were barfing.

seeyuzz
river
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: The 4400 Tue, 12 October 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.

1st Episode.. It wasnt as good as I thought.. but by the 2nd episode I had gotten used to the lead detective team.. (very scully & mulder-esque) and towards the end of the second I actually began to like it and then it farken ended with NO RESOLUTION of ANYTHING. I suspected there are more episodes in the USA.. which it seems someone here has confirmed?.

Its a good story if you give it a chance. Gotta love the part where the chick breaks up with the guy then tells his brother its NOT because of him, then the same day they do it on the beach?. LOL.

My theory on the story is that, theyve obviously been given special powers to 'help' humanity.. but they are supposed to work together (ala the xmen) lol. And they dont realise it yet... I think the baby that the chick is having is probably 'the leader' who will make it all right. (As the little girl who can see the future explained). Who by the way is a farkn top actor for a small kid. Hell better than most grown up soap stars.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: The 4400 Tue, 12 October 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://66.77.88.171/ubb/usa/html/ubb/Forum52/HTML/ 000495.html
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: The 4400 Tue, 12 October 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It all points to either: 1) a sequel, or 2) a mini series.

Great telemovie, the directing was close to movie standard. Notice all the discussions and revelations in the movie (black guy in the diner, the re-introduction of a teenager into his life, guy who came back better but wasnt) that all points to good directing. The fact that you all got taken for a ride with the ending means you all missed the points. Cant wait for the inevitable follow up.

Cheers.

tom.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The 4400 Tue, 12 October 2004 08:33 Go to previous message
were we watching the same movie? great directing my ass. that crap reminded me of one of those times where you tape this movie of tv, and then when your watching it your getting closer and closer to the end and starting to enjoy it... and then you realise the tape wasnt long enough and youve missed the last half hour. once again... absolute shit

chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bananarama?
Next Topic:East VS West
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 19:10:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068209171295166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.