Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 20:10

MSN is being a penis

i know its been like this all afternoon

anyone know a place i can order that taser?
  Send a private message to this user    
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& category=3204&item=5526563571&rd=1

You can tazer that cunt with it.

Msn is back up

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 10:39]

WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO NOT GIVE UP. it may seem like it is long gone but have some hope. but keep in mind what i said in my other post. i know people that used top live in my old street that would theive cars and if they were doin it for parts they would wait a year or so before they sold parts on the open market.
people just need to think about why the parts they are buying are so cheap as there is normally only one reason. i no that i will never buy stolen goods as it just feeds the cycle.
i sure as hell hope you find this car as it is a one of the best examples i have seen
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVERYONE:

THE CAR HAS BEEN RECOVERED AND IS NOW SITTING IN STORAGE.

The car was found in lorimer street, port melbourne.
Everything was stripped.

All audio, wheels, sheets and dash are gone.
I'm not sure whether they had the fucking curtesy to leave me my school bag.

Thank you everyone who helped me in this EXTREMELY tough time.
As more information comes to date like what actually has been stolen i will let you guys know. Importantly i now have closer.

Thank you everyone, i will commence an immediate REBUILD as soon as i get her back.

Thank u all very much... im mentally prepared and very much happy thanks to you guys.

-Jay
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great news mate!!! Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done Very Happy unlucky she's been stripped Twisted Evil
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate, ive been following your post and felt for you man, although i wasnt one of the people who said good luck to you with finding it, becasue so many people did say it too you already etc, may i be one of the first to say im happy myself you found it, good luck with the rest of the car mate, hope they finger print the car or do whatever needed to catch these people who did this GRRRRRR,

best of luck with it again Kav Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 12:23]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate.... as for what i would say

Stage 1 is now over,

Stage 2 is about to begin

*Pads your back and hands over to you a Tooheys New* - Cheers

If only you're in syd, i'll help you scout for parts and that...

~Alliance
felixR
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to know u got the shell/car back Smile
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think our fellow toymoders should get together and help this bloke get his car back together, set up a FUJI donation. whether it be some parts u have laying around or some coins you have in your car ashtray.

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS.

(a toymoder in need is a friend indeed)
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear u got it back, sucks its been striped.

good luck with the rebuild, im sure with the help of the people on this forum you can get it as good or better than it was to begin with
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear jay. i told you not to give up!

is the engine still there? panels> glass ok? any damage? badge/grille?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you catch the guy?
so the car was stripped down.. fark... should post up what stuff u have lost just incase the fag puts it in the trading post..

http://www.websiteconcepts.com.au/manfromsnowyriver/images/Photos/whip_crack.jpg
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear about the car being recovered!

can we get some detailed descriptions of what was taken so we can keep an eye out?

also we should organise a melbourne alarm/immobiliser broup buy or something.... f***ing dodgy melbourne >:(
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm glad the cars recovered, but I'm so sorry about it being stripped, if I could help with some sort of FUJI fund as someone else said earlier I would... But good luck with getting yourself and your beloved AE86 back to the way things were. (I hope I wasnt harsh there, I'm not good with writing things like that)

You know what I mean. Good stuff that your cars back!
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J i am so so so happy you have your car back.... do they have to dust it for prints etc?

Were the parts insured.. or only if you didnt get the car back?

parts can be replaced, main thing is you got your baby back.... park it in !!!!!!

How did they come across the car?

Neko ^-^
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know they took your wheels n stuff, but ( i feel bad asking this, its painful enough when you go to see it ) how harsh did they strip it? You said you had a levin grille? front lip and spoiler? to go to extremeties... lsd?

when do you get it back ?

Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG im happy you got it bak man about time, and im pissed off coz we didnt catch the fukaz!!!!

Jay lets rebuild it with fake shit that looks real and put it bak on ur driveway and wait for them.... Mad
awww so much energy to give to them...all wasted Sad

But im glad to hear u got it bak man i got some stockies u can chuck on for now with good tread to get ur car bak to ur place *if theres any suspension and discs etc etc*

If you need a towtruck i may be able to hook u up but lemme know soon so i can call around to some friends

Choony

PS: IS UR BEAUTIFUL OH SO CLEAN ENGINE STILL IN THERE? PLZ PLZ PLZ LET IT BE IN THERE!
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great to hear jay. i guess your more relieved then happy. good work to all that helped out. dont worry jay we'll have her back on the road soon enough. and this time .... QUAD THROTTLES N!GGAAAA !!

the worst is over now and all thats left is getting her ready for this gimungous december meet.

sab
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate congratulations....maybe finally u can get some sleep... Very Happy

this whole event has made me feel all warm and fuzzy and even though its terrible what happened, fujis car will be back together and he has gained a lot of friends

i got a whole bunch of interior trims kickin about including dash, instrument panel and stuff, say the word and its urs

if possible plz post pics so we can all mourn with u

Adam
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great to hear dude, hope its back on the road soon Very Happy
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Jay's had a tiring few days and has pretty much gone to sleep. he told me earlier when the cops found it and at this stage he has yet to see the car. He's not sure whats gone and whats left, but he knows the shell is still there. i'm hoping that the engine and drivetrain are still there too. Jay will be picking the car up tomorrow, well today, and then he'll update us with everything. if i am able to go with him tomorrow, i'll bring a camera along and take shots for all of u to see.

its been a few hard days for Jay, the dude needs his rest. its good that his car is back, i just hope there is still something left for him to work on.

Choony, i think Jay may need ur wheels, he'll probably ring u tomorrow when he's ready to get the car.

Its good to see all of toymods getting behind Jay and supporting him thru this, i know he appreciates it heaps, and he would do the same for any of us if the situation was reversed.

Cheers

Huy
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solo: Thanks for your intel at caufield. But it was a lookalike Wink Probably think we're gonna rob his car now from all the toymod spies we had going.

dimmy77_03: Unlucky but lucky at the same time i think!

bsjunkie: Thanks Kav, i'd say instead of venting anger, save for new alarm / immo?
If it happend to me, it could happen to anyone. I'm not too concerned about the parts, i just feel like i have a little bit of closure on the matter (and some sleep too i might add).

felixR: Thanks. Goodluck with ur DC2R, awesome cars they are, if they were RWD they'd be godly.

warrior: That's a very kind suggestion but i think you guys have done more than enough. I'd be happy to buy some parts if anyone has spares lying around. Donations are just far too generous.

notorius: it'll be awhile before i can save up to get her in that finish, but i will get around to doing it.

ae86drift: Garth i'll let you know ASAP when i see her tomorrow. I'll take pics for my own record to nte exactly what's gone. Some parts should still be intact and it would appear to be only logical items such as stereo, rims, seats stolen in this point in time.

rthy: Yeah, the parts loss is almost impossible to recover. I'm not sure i want to go thru the whole insurance claim yet because it is quite technical and the last thing i want is something like my 86 being put up for auction in case the insurance company decides to write it off.
As for catching the guy, the cops told me there was numberous fresh fingerprints all over the car so fingers crossed and when the dude gets found hopefully fingers will get chopped.

And nice pic btw Razz

Come to the sunday BBQ if you can make it. (don't bring the whip, bring beers Razz)

AZAE86: Group immo buy? You definately got one contender *put hand up* Sad bit late but...
As for the parts, i'll post it when i find out.

Tofuboi: How were you harsh? Actions speak louder than words, and i think a BBQ is the best solution.

MFX_Neko_86: Hey Neks, yep like i said cops are on the hunt on their butts but i wish we could do that. Toymod theif hunt and after we find them get 3 sprinters cirling them with Sam-Q's chainsaw and axe should send fear even to a hell's angel bikie. Car IS insured for rims and stereo but they told me if it's too much to fix they'll write her off as a 'repairable write off' and you'll see my lil beast in fowles auction yard so it makes me reconsider claiming. Felt like forever even though it has only been really 4 days (probably cuz it's just one big day for me).

I called them up asking if it was in my jurisdiction in the decision made to auction and both AAMI and garth has advised as soon as i claim, the car is theirs.

As for the bits and pieces like grille, the senior constable was very brief and wouldnt know / care.
*heart skips a beat* but i pray my LSD and suspension is still there along with my TRD stuff.

Choony_AE86: Thanks bro for coming down, along with u too Sabicle. Don't worry, what goes around comes around. I think the issue is finding a boss kit with a steering wheel, from report the ENTIRE interior is gone.

Motor? I asked that, says he doesnt know... how can u not know if there is or isnt a motor in the car?
I hope there is.

levin_boi: Sab, the quad throttles will have to wait. The Brant alarm, killswitches will have to come first. (extremly painful mental/physical/financial lesson learnt from this mistake).

Bobski: I would say your reply touched me to the core.

"this whole event has made me feel all warm and fuzzy and even though its terrible what happened, fujis car will be back together and he has gained a lot of friends "

My reply is i've gained not only friends, but a new family.

bob, i'd be glad to buy some of the parts off you, i will upload the pics as a lesson that spending money on sideskirts and quad throttles won't protect you car from the safest place in the world.

driftae86: it probably won't be. I'll have to test it to make sure it's 100% or it won't go on the road. For my safety and piece of mind. Thanks for your support.

da_horse: Thanks Huy, thanks for scoping that potential car at 4am in the morning. Some of the kindness i've experience in the past 4 days is by far THE most nicest thing anyone has ever done.

I understand there seemed to be a lot of ruffled feathers and gathering from the posts the toymod community was fighting amongst each other. If anythign in this tragedy and hardship has only made our community stronger.

Shoutouts to everyone, and i mean everyone who have in some way encouraged me to fight on.
Huy, any given day if you guys are in need, i'll be out there as fast as my 4A-C can take me.

I have a debt of gratitude i know will be hard to repay, but sharing a beer over the fire might be a start.

Thinking back in the last couple of days, everytime i wanted to give up i could feel as though thousands of people are behind me the entire time. When i saw everyhouse i could feel everyone's voice as one screaming "you'll find it, do not worry."

Indeed it was.

-Jay
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, Anyone who wishes to see what all the heartache was about and got time in the afternoon. Drop me a call, 0413697169 (network 3)

And see the broken beast at in the flesh:

379 Plummer Street, Port Melbourne.

-Jay
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay sorry to hear that it's been stripped and all. but at least it's been recovered. There's nothing like not knowing what ever happened to your car.
Hope the mechanicals are all ok and panels etc are not damaged. All the other interior stuff shouldnt be too hard to replace.
If all the good bits are gone..ie. the dash (JDM version) etc, then we know for sure it's some fellow car/Toyota enthusiast.
Put up a list of what you need so that we can all help out
& put a list of what gone so that we can all look out for the stuff as they slowly surface.

I guess in a way, congrats for recovering your car.
ronin11
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just read through this thread.. i hate car theifs with a passion. ive lost a car and know exactly how you feel man.
glad you got it back, and stripped or not, you now know where it is.

if they catch the crooks that did this, and you get their names ETC.. let me know.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Mon, 11 October 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad to hear that it's been recovered ... and quickly too ...

The longer a car goes missing, the more it'd get to you.

Not so happy to hear about it being stripped ... I hope you do catch those buggers.

At least it's not the worst case scenario when the car is stripped and then either burned or worse still, crashed and then stripped!

I am sure that whoever took them will have a hard time selling them which makes me believe even more so it will be another sprinter owner who will use it for his car.

Let us know if the door lock was stuffed ... if not, it could be just another sprinter key opening it.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It just goes to show, that the AE86 is not just any car owned by people who drive them - rather we are a family and an enthusiest community who are willing to help.

Jay - congrats on finding it, but a shame that you got unlucky with all those parts missing. The reason i say unlucky is because i feel like i've run through the gauntlet when mine was stolen and only a few parts were taken - but i am appreciative everyday that i got lucky and someone was watching me. There is not a day where i go through without thinking about the night it was taken and the sickening feeling i felt.

You just gotta have the right mentality - that things happen for a reason and you just have to learn from the experience.

I'm really interested into where/how it was found. Keep us posted
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 10:31

It just goes to show, that the AE86 is not just any car owned by people who drive them - rather we are a family and an enthusiest community who are willing to help.

Agreed.

Jay, they stripped the dash? Hmm.. Interesting..

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 02:30]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 12:28

Agreed.

My theory is that the thief is an AE86 owner... Who else would want a sprinter dash?... Who else would know that an uncracked one it is worth a lot. The interior items are useless unless you have another 86 to put them in.

If the only stolen items were stereo, wheels and steering wheel, then the thief could have been anyone because they are easy items to fence and are not car model specific.

The dash and interior narrows down the list of culprits. Wink
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct Simdog.

But then arises the problem... Are we all willing to believe the entirely small possibility that an AE86 owner just happened to stumble upon Jays car..

Or is the theif infact lurking on these forums.

Either way it seems we have a theif that likes hachis.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't like the thought that the thief is one of the Toymods community... but it would make sense on some levels.

People on here post pics of their cars and explain a lot about them, stuff you wouldn't be able to spot without popping the bonnet, and the car's location is often listen in the user's profile. The search area was also posted on the forum... The thief would just need to keep the car away from the areas people are on the lookout for it to reduce the chance of being caught.

Theories theories theories. Confused
redaw11
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The AE86 has a cult following now, and no doubt more than just AE86 owners know about their worth. I own an AW11 but just reading car forums like Toymods you find out which cars have the hard to get parts.

But Toymods and other forums are the perfect place for potential thieves to find exactly what they want. The pros and cons of the Internet........
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, but the theories make perfect sense.

a clever theif would be checking out forums, it like a fucking list of cars to choose from.

makes you a bit more weary before posting your car in the members rides section. Confused you never know who could be checking it out.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 12:28

Agreed.

where does it say the dash was stripped?? *rubs eyes, scrolls up and reads again*

before we jump to conclusions lets see what was really stolen
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay,

Wow, what a relief it was to read that post I've been waiting to see for the last few days!

What a wonderful thing it is being an '86 owner..... Not only do you own a great car, but you have the most passionate group of people always there to help. Can you imagine an MA61 Supra thread getting this kind of reaction/love/support??? lol

I'm very happy for you brother.

Jeremy.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 05:50]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 14:26

Can you imagine an MA61 Supra thread getting this kind of reaction/love/support??? lol

LOL Laughing

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's wrong with an MA61 Supra??
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 15:52

What's wrong with an MA61 Supra??

Well that depends on who you ask I guess now doesn't it?

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, all I can say is I'd be pretty dissappointed if people didn't help someone out because of the type of car it was that was stolen. I love my Cressida, others love their Supras, Corollas and Celicas. The car's importance is not the redbook value, it is how much it means to the owner.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:28

Well, all I can say is I'd be pretty dissappointed if people didn't help someone out because of the type of car it was that was stolen. I love my Cressida, others love their Supras, Corollas and Celicas. The car's importance is not the redbook value, it is how much it means to the owner.

Yes. simdog said it all Surprised Doesn't matter what car you drive, as long as its a toyota. Thats why we are in Toymods aint it?
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86's ROCK
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get me wrong, I love Hachi's. Have always liked them too. I just prefer the MA61 body shape more thats all. Just a personal preferance.

I mean, if I didnt care about AE86's I wouldn't have gone to help now would I?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:56

Don't get me wrong, I love Hachi's. Have always liked them too. I just prefer the MA61 body shape more thats all. Just a personal preferance.

I thought you went to help out a mate. Confused
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J, i know u said u didnt want charity, but what about, you list all the pars you need replaced, and we will see what we can do to help.

I mean, there are us all over australia, so if we all keep our eye out for stuff, we may be able to source stuff on the cheap for you ?

I mean, i know it sucks parts have been stripped, but as someone said before, usually the strip for parts then burn the shell out.... at least you got the shell back Very Happy
( if its any condolance Confused )

Neko ^-^
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:57

Yian wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:56

I thought you went to help out a mate. Confused

heh.. that came out wrong didnt it? Like... if I didnt care about his pain and suffering. I didnt know Jay before this and I was willing to help. Just cause I thought he could use a hand.

Forget the last comment. 2 hours worth of looking at penis' with cancer really fucks around wif ur head.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey jay.
Well done. At least our efforts were fruitful. I bet u the guys that ripped the car knew what shit they were taking. Takes a ae86 nut to know how to take of a dash WITHOUT breaking it. Anyway i would like to think no one off here did it. Which i am pretty sure of.

As for sunday! The mood and atmosphere would be alot nicer knowing it was recovered.

Jay u got my number. If u need any bits whatsoever. I'm sure i got it. Well probably interior wise in your case.

GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hang on guys...I just said for EXAMPLE if the dash was taken then it would be an AE86 freak. It was just an example!!
Unless of course Jay can confirm that it was.
So Jay make up the list and we can take it from there.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi everyone,

Finally please to report and i have some concrete facts.

Ok first myth and fact
Cop said the interior has been comletely stripped, but as a matter of fact only the following items are missing (from looking thru the window, not allowed to touch car)

-Brand new dashmat
-Boss kit
-Steeringwheel
-Sony headunit
-MY SCHOOLBAG~! BASTARDS!!!
-The recaros

But the greatest news and relief is:

EVERYTHING ELSE IS THERE!!!
The culprit is NOT, i repeat NOT one of us.
JDM Omometer, uncracked dash still there. The robber who took the stereo did not break any panels but just unscrewed them which is of great relief as well.

Ok now the news everyone has been waiting for...

The exterior is still mint!!! THANK YOU LORD!!! HAVE MERCY!! HALLELUJAH!!! (im not that religious)
The TRD front lip, rear spoiler, paintwork, SUSPENPENSION, BRAKES, LSD, FUEL PUMPS ARE STILL INTACT!

As for the heart and soul of the car, the bonnet was not lifted and was sitting so low i couldn't see if it HAD a motor or not. The police was still dusting for the prints and a big "DO NOT TOUCH" was sitting on the roof... so no news there.

No one, whether an AE86 to MA61 should ever feel this pain. The car is special to whoever owns it and treats it properly. It's something someone puts their heart and soul into and im glad like audioslaver said, we ARE a family. That's really important to me.

I'm glad it's not burnt and i estimate withing a month or you, you'll definately be seeing me in ALL the functions and events this forum has to offer (and might continue making that weekly/ monthly toymod bbq as well!!) I'll be happy to host it everyweek and go for nice cruises! GO SUMMER!

Everyone, it's been a long haul in the last 4-5 days.
Again, you people are THE most nicest group of people ever!!!!
You guys fucken rock... that's what i have to say about that.

Group alarm buy is definately on the list of to do.
Please feel free to add me to their msn list or call me for a chat or coffee.
jaz123_@hotmail.com

I've posted the recovered pictures. And as speechless as i'm not looking at her half naked... i know it'll one day run again.
BTW: the car was broken into with a screwdriver, the ignition was also started the same way.

-Jay

Attachment: rear view.jpg
(Size: 26.90KB, Downloaded 272 time(s))
Attachment: front.jpg
(Size: 31.47KB, Downloaded 268 time(s))

4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work mate. Good to hear you got her back in decent condition.

Let this be a warning to any person (thug) wanting to steal an ae86: YOU WILL PAY. There is a very tight net of ae86 owners (this forum is more than enough evidence) that you will never be able to get away. Damn FUckers. Twisted Evil
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 18:52

BTW: the car was broken into with a screwdriver, the ignition was also started the same way.

-Jay

ignition can be started with a screw driver???
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screw driver!? that sucks that its so easy to get into and start.

btw,what monash campus are you at? i can see your parking permit on the car Razz
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey jason, good to see you've got it back.
It will still have then engine i bet.. (since they were not
interested in big bulky items) It's condition? unknown, but
since they wanted the rims i don't see why they would want
to wreck the tyres. The car would have been driven there, jacked on bricks and dumped.
After the initial dumping, there could have been secodary people
removing parts unrelated to the first.

Did they take the amps/subs? or just headunit and seats?

Steering wheel/boss $250
Headunit $350
Seats $700
Dashmat $50
Is that right? i've got no idea about sprinters prices!!

$1400 "damage"?

If you claim insurance, the car is only theirs if it is a write
off, (cost of repairs exceed cost of car) in the case it is, you have first preference to keep the car. Insurance companies often don't know the value of cars, (ie they guy see's on paper, market value $2500.. he will never see your car. He will then deduce that the damage to the vehicle exceeds $2500, and the car will then be evaluated by a wrecker, (usually to the value of $100, and then you can choose to keep the car for a deduction of that value. Soo you get to keep the car, and have money for mods..

Or option 2 is to goto a few places and get quotes to bring the car upto it's former glory (incuding fitting costs) then if it's around $2k, demand insurenace 'fixes' your car.

I've being thru 2 insurance nitemares and come out of top,
and in a way know how thier systems work.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 09:25]

WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude, CONGRATULATIONS on gettin ya baby back! Glad to hear they didn't take all the really good stuff!

CLAIM INSURANCE!!!
I was insured with AAMI,
When I Crashed my Sprinter it had comprehensive insurance and was valued at $3500, they wanted $4500 to fix it, but since it wasn't and unrepairable they just called it a Total Loss, and then I was allowed to buy it back for $150, and then fixed it myself for a few hundred bucks. And I got I think just under $2000 back on insurance, and then a few hundred back on the rego.
Just claim insurance, buy it back, spend the money on replacing parts and re-registering the car and then get 3rd party insurance.
I could be wrong, but to me comprehensive insurance is a waste of money for a Sprinter, you pay around $2000 a year, and it will be insured for around $3000 - $4000, and even when u have a minor acco, they still have issues fixing it, as I found out with my Sprinter. So the money you save by not paying big $ for comprehensive insurance, you can save in an account so when something does happen you are covered if you hit something/someone, and you will have roughly $1500 saved at the end of each year, which will build over time if u are acco/incident free.-Just my thought/view-plz shut me down if I am horribly mistaken.

Check with the insurance company first what will happen if it is declared a total loss, but I dont see what makes your case different to mine in terms of what the final result should be.

Hope it helped a bit.
Cheers.
-Whitchy-
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to her to news... but im glad u got it back m8

GO THE FUJI FUND ... LOL

and whitchy is rite.. u'll be ok
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mainly all cars excluding some nissans can be easily opened with some flat and long..like a butter knife or flat head screw driver. Puting a butter knife in whilist moving it up and down the right way will unlock it. Do so at your own risk tho.
Glad that you finaly got your car back. It's great there wasn't much taken.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im glad u got it back, thats fantastic!!

im also glad that it wasnt another 86 owner that stole it, that would scare and sadden me very much..

when u had a look at the car, was there any dirt/grease on the tops of the guards? that would hint at teh engine being taken out or not

man im soooo glad u got this back, if it got burned id be in tears for u.

good luck getting it all back together and running, cant wait to see this car when we all come down in december! Wink

take care Jay
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe truenosedan/david can donate you a new dash mat, im sure he would love to Razz
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
So glad for you Jay!!!!!
The expensive & rare parts are intact...they rest can be easily/cheaply replaced!
You are so lucky!!! ...well kinda..u know what i mean!! Wink

I think you should go to Church this Sunday!! lol

Celebrations in order!!! AE86 meetup!!!!!!

I will let Ray (previous owner) know the good news too. He will be glad too!
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F/S GTi Corolla 100kw 4age
Next Topic:For sale ae82 hatchback twincam green
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:59:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082240104675293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.