Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
icon5.gif  CD player problems Tue, 12 October 2004 14:57 Go to next message
hey all

i installed my cd player the other day and it works but i have one problem. my car has a kill switch and the cd player only turns on if that kill switch is in the on position. At first i thought yeh thats okay i can deal with that..but as i got in the car the next day all of the cd players memory for the radio stations were erased.

im biting the bullet here cause it could well be the reason why its not working and im just stupid but i dont know much so hey.

anyway when i installed the cd player i could only find one power wire which was constant and i had 2 power wires coming out of the cd player. so i linked the 2 wires from the cd player together then connected that to the power wire coming from the car and then earthed the earth wire, it worked fine until i discovered the memory wasnt working

i wasnt sure if it would work or not, i was just having a stab at it hoping for the best.

is that the reason why the cd players memory wont work?

if so, what do i do to get the memory working?

sorry if my lack of knowledge has annoyed any of you

Send a private message to this user    
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: CD player problems Tue, 12 October 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u probley ran the memory line after the kill switch that im guess cuts the battery to the car
what u should do is run a new fused wire from the battery to the memory or constant line on your radio

and other 12 volt wire can stay were u have it

ground just needs to goto the chassis

what happens is one of the wires is to store memory so needs power all the time, like the bios battery in a computer

notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: CD player problems Tue, 12 October 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u live in the shire, i guess by that u mean southerland?,if to im genna be at loftus for a bit tommorow arvo, well today as its 1 am now cause of tafe, so if u would like i could even come past and help ya,

you can contact me on 0438446706

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 15:10]

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: CD player problems Tue, 12 October 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check pm's
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CD player problems Tue, 12 October 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bro.. ur memory is erasing because your yellow wire or ALWAYS ON (constant power) cable is connected to a wire where your kill switch is located... all u need to do is to run a wire straight from the battery through the firewall to the back of the unit !

that should solve your prob
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: CD player problems Tue, 12 October 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im aware of that now..stupid lazy me Razz .. im on top of it...ive got something to do tomorrow now...thanks for ya help
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CD player problems Tue, 12 October 2004 15:33 Go to previous message
not a prob - glad to be of service !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Converting a 1GGTE to 1GGZE Coil Pack Ignition
Next Topic:lsd install parts help i cant find the diff lock
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-