Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<<

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
John K
Regular

August 2003

Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 05:10 Go to next message
Just curious to see who shares my opinion.

One day I'm gonna own a Toyota Supra JZ80 TT 6 speed, but for now all I can do is dream about it. Razz No other car has sexier lines then the jz80, but when I see one with Spoilers all over it Evil or Very Mad I grit my teeth. It turns my dreams into nightmares.

In my opinion they look best standard, what do you guys think?

Send a private message to this user    
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No wing, Just a nice set of wheels sitting a little bit lower,
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 15:20

No wing, Just a nice set of wheels sitting a little bit lower,

AMEN!! Cool
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't mind the kit i just hate the big ugly wings people seem to put on them
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock toyota minus rear wing, some low springs and either the black charcoal turbo rims, or some decent aftermarket ones.
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 16:07

stock toyota minus rear wing, some low springs and either the black charcoal turbo rims, or some decent aftermarket ones.

http://www.mkiv.com/mkiv_gallery/mkiv_gallery/stock/large/supra24b.jpg

How's that?! Cool
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its jza80 for one
I like a few kits.. low, with big rims and no wing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John K wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 16:26

How's that?! Cool

MO
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No wing = Turtle look, not my cup of tea.

Stock with a set of nice rims and lowered 1.5-2", very tasty.

Most of the bodykits for these cars are excessive and almost look like some of the kits that were originally destined for a Civic.

At the end of the day, each to their own, as long as your happy with how your car looks, who really cares?
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice body kit lowered with NO WING that looks real nice.
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stenno wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 17:03

No wing = Turtle look, not my cup of tea.

Please explain? Confused
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I ask for is a Black JZA80 TT manual no body kits, standard wing standard everything!! Sad
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
either wingless or JGT500 carbon type gt wing. nothing else can do justice to such a sexy car
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 13 October 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
standard wing!
nothing else comes close, no big rice 747 wings.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Thu, 14 October 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like this wing... not so sure on the rest of the kit:

http://clubgt.host.sk/supra/supra3-1.jpg

But the stock wing is okay. Not a big fan of no wing... looks kinda Soarery without it. (not my cuppa tea).
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Fri, 15 October 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd prefer a mild body kit(maybe front lip and sideskirts) with no wing lowered on a nice set of 17" or 18" rims, hhhmm, one day

Cheers

Steve
cutsGotBoost
Regular

September 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sat, 16 October 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the standard TT wing, but not the other big wings 6 feet in the air,http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/cuts/ToyotaSupra002.jpg
like that was my mrs parents car, but sold now.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sat, 16 October 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd agree with the turtle comment: I too think that SOMETHING's needed to break up the curves.

I'm not sure if this is the answer though: http://clubgt.host.sk/supra/supra3-1.jpg

Am I wrong for always seeing a ST205 Celica with a bodykit and an nose extension, when I look at a Supra?

[Updated on: Sat, 16 October 2004 00:52]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sat, 16 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/toyo/supraeifront.jpg
does it for me
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sat, 16 October 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooohhh... . . . looks a little too "walky plastic-pig" birdbath-spec rear wing for me. Who'd want their Supra to look like a VL Commode?
cutsGotBoost
Regular

September 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh has similar lines to a 205, but the supra got sold in that shape first, even though toyota was designing the 205 as early as 1990.
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 11:05

Oooohhh... . . . looks a little too "walky plastic-pig" birdbath-spec rear wing for me. Who'd want their Supra to look like a VL Commode?

Laughing
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the JZA80's with wings on them, mainly just the stock one or some other simple type wing.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=18290&item=2494109057&rd=1
THIS one looks horrible I rekon, it's wider than the car Sad

I want to take the stock wing off my Supra, I rekon they look sleeker without it, and it doesn't really do that much. (My mate tested it, left the boot popped, at about 170KMP/H it shut the boot, so yeah, doesn't really create that much down force Wink)
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/9f/44/10_1.JPG

Mad My eyes are hurting.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John K wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 15:01

http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/9f/44/10_1.JPG

Mad My eyes are hurting.

hahahaa
you'd se that car driving along at 30km/h with the front wheels off the ground and the back end squatting.. not because of downforce, though
because of weight
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imo - the best looking jza80 ive ever seen - also - around 1000rwhp!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/biggwilliestyle/Suprajza80_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/biggwilliestyle/Suprajza80_4.jpg
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 16:30

imo - the best looking jza80 ive ever seen - also - around 1000rwhp!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/biggwilliestyle/Suprajza80_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/biggwilliestyle/Suprajza80_4.jpg

awesome.. id like it if it wasnt convertable
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Sun, 17 October 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats one tough looking engine bay. Shocked

Still prefer a stocker (exterior) over that one, but not bad. Smile
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeeah!

Now THAT's a tidy-assed Supra!

Completely off-topic, how's the 3sGTE in the '86, JohnK?
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 11:12

Yeeah!

Now THAT's a tidy-assed Supra!

Completely off-topic, how's the 3sGTE in the '86, JohnK?

Very good, thanks for asking. Trying to sought out what to do with the diff, its still holding up but every time i give it a hit I've got my fingers crossed. I'd rather do something about it now then be left stranded somewhere with the diff in million pieces. Laughing

I get a headache every time I search for info on the subject. Every one has different opinions on diff upgrades for ae86.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally, if its a light colour, then it needs a wing (stock one only though) to make the wide rear end look taller.

Darker colours though tend to blend a bit better.
JZA80Supra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check this one out!!

www.teamsmr.cjb.net, look in members rides, previously owned by a guy named Nick, now owned by me.

Can someone please post up the pics from this site, or tell me how. And, looking for feedback, with the wing or without!!!
JZA80Supra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's the red Supra with the carbon bonnet
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/thu187/johnm_side01.jpg

SEXY!!!!!!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car mate, the wing is a bit excessive, but other than that, its a fucking hot supra. nice one, how much did you pick it up for? and what engine has it got?
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Mon, 18 October 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that silver one looks damn nice

BUT i reckon they look simply stunning with a small, ungarish kit, with no spoiler, or just a small lip spoiler

JZA80Supra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Tue, 19 October 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check this one out!!!

http://www.pbase.com/JZA80Supra/image/35237056
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Tue, 19 October 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heard you the first time. Rolling Eyes
JZA80Supra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Tue, 19 October 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, was just trying to post the pic up, but it didnt work!! Crying or Very Sad
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Tue, 19 October 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you get the url of the pic you want, then click on the image button (in the post reply section). this button looks like a painting. put the url in there, and it shoud post your pic! Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Tue, 19 October 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John K wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 16:26

How's that?! Cool

anyone have a picture of a black supra with these wheels?

also, whats the difference between the older and updated lights? i think its the bit around the globes... on the update, is it charcoal/dark/black???

Very Happy
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Tue, 19 October 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.ab-flug.co.jp/abflug_shop/nouki.php?i_c ode=0102000001

now thats horn in my opinion Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<< Wed, 20 October 2004 05:18 Go to previous message
4DaDrift wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 20:34

http://www.ab-flug.co.jp/abflug_shop/nouki.php?i_c ode=0102000001

now thats horn in my opinion Smile

yah i love that one too
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Love is......
Next Topic:Got Rice ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:38:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083179473876953 seconds