Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Female members in Brisbane?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
icon5.gif  Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 13 October 2004 07:10 Go to next message
G’day boys, Hows Brissie treating ya? Anyway, to the point. I got in a argument with some nob from boostcruising.com about chicks and cars.(this was due to the recent Jamboree) He/she/it claimed that the Oz sect of that web sit that shit loads of female members. My question is…are there any female toymoders in Brisbane? Confused

Frank from the sand pit
  Send a private message to this user    
surfingisfun
Regular

June 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 13 October 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i saw a cutie driving a white huchi with like 15" lace wheels on it i wanted to pull her ova and get her number but i couldnt! so if shes reading shit pm me babe! ohh yeah she was on the goldy then i saw her car at drift nats!

hahahahahahaha

rory
amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 13 October 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think there're many others on Toymods in Qld. There are quite a few on the rice-ish forums over at http://www.tuned4street.com/ but noone really with oldskool stuff... It doesn't really help, you know, some of the totally moronic threads that turn up in the General forum here from time to time.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 13 October 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amwtoy wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 20:20

I don't think there're many others on Toymods in Qld. There are quite a few on the rice-ish forums over at http://www.tuned4street.com/ but noone really with oldskool stuff... It doesn't really help, you know, some of the totally moronic threads that turn up in the General forum here from time to time.

theres shit loads of toyomods qld people with old school tough cars either finished or coming along.. your just blind Smile
amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 13 October 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I meant other chicks dude Smile That said on the way to work the other day i saw a gorgeous old Celica (license plate CEL73 or something) with a girl driver Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 13 October 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amwtoy wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 21:16

I meant other chicks dude Smile That said on the way to work the other day i saw a gorgeous old Celica (license plate CEL73 or something) with a girl driver Smile

oh, my bad Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 13 October 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where's all the chicks..... Evil or Very Mad
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 14 October 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seen a hot chick in a nice blue mustage 77 celica a few months ago and she was checking me out....or was I checking her out Rolling Eyes
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 16 October 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

noone really with oldskool stuff... It doesn't really help, you know, some of the totally moronic threads that turn up in the General forum here from time to time.

I agree with this. Im not getting on a soapbox or anything but as a female toymodder and 86 owner it sux to see some off the shit that is posted in the outhouse etc etc....

If there are any other girl toymodders PM or email me for a chat! Very Happy

MORE GIRL DRIFTERS!
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 16 October 2004 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Sw4y wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 20:12]
Quote:

MORE GIRL DRIFTERS!

w00t! Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 16 October 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, there is more girl members on the boostcruising forum but that is because it attracts a lot of all show no go type "car enthusiasts". Not saying that all girls are like that. But I would think that most girls that are into cars are more into it for its looks than its go fast potential.

no offence intended Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 08:29

Yes, there is more girl members on the boostcruising forum but that is because it attracts a lot of all show no go type "car enthusiasts". Not saying that all girls are like that. But I would think that most girls that are into cars are more into it for its looks than its go fast potential.

no offence intended Smile

haha. heaps of chicks look at my car and say its awesome.. so i tell them its got a twin turbo motor in it.. they go "ohh.... twin turbo....... yay....."
then i say.. same as in a supra... so they go "ohhh.. supra's are nice"
lol
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when females ask what i drive and i tell them that i drive a supra most seem suitably impressed...if only they knew

"ohh how can you afford such a nice car as a supra when you're just an apprentice"

"ahhhh, its a shitty old supra"

"what?"

"...never mind ;)"
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sw4y wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 20:12

I agree with this. Im not getting on a soapbox or anything but as a female toymodder and 86 owner it sux to see some off the shit that is posted in the outhouse etc etc....

MORE GIRL DRIFTERS!

you should come for a drive some time, putty rd is always fun and less then an hour away Smile youd have a ball in the 86,

im pretty sure weve met before *yonks* ago, you used to go out with pete right ? old frind of pete, i ran into you two at uni about 2 years ago lol Smile

im suprised MissMr2 hasnt jumped on this yet. but it is more common for chicks to like a car for looks then its sporting potential. look at my st184 Smile far from the fastet thing on wheels but the chicks generally seem to love it.

that said there are the few that can actually drive, and enjoy a good car Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 17 October 2004 01:30]

MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many chicks are on this forum?
i know of me and sw4y, and we are both n.s.w...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 17:09

how many chicks are on this forum?
i know of me and sw4y, and we are both n.s.w...

Miss Mr2, also nsw.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I realised the other night that when you say "I own a twin turbo supra", people immediately think mk4...

slightly (very) off-topic, on the train into the cirty the other night, I heard some transit cops saying how good the FTO was, and how someone should transplant a 3000gt engine in it, and then proceeded to talk about fords and holdens. I woulda slapped them, but they would've got neanderthal on my scrawny arse
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

But I would think that most girls that are into cars are more into it for its looks than its go fast potential.

no offence intended

None Taken.....its a valid point. For the majority of girls if its reasonably shiny and has 18" chromies then its a "hot" car. Especially in Newcastle.

But saying that a lot of guys have absolutely no idea about my car and what i actually drive. I heard a 180 driver Rolling Eyes (a guy) say abt my car one day "Some shitbox red car...the chick was pretty hot though" and he thinks he is a hardcore drifter! My ass! Evil or Very Mad
Oh and Mr Toof - i recognise your name...but i dont remember actually meeting you Embarassed Hopefully i will see you around newy sometime. I have a white 86 now...not the red one anymore.

Cheers!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRTOOF you'll recognise the plate from my red celica. soon to be on my grey MR.. once it gets off the boat Smile

and yeah if you had the red sprinter then you defianntly have met me.. briefly though.. you'll have to come for a run up though the hills sometime.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sw4y wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 20:04

Quote:

But I would think that most girls that are into cars are more into it for its looks than its go fast potential.

no offence intended

None Taken.....its a valid point. For the majority of girls if its reasonably shiny and has 18" chromies then its a "hot" car. Especially in Newcastle.

But saying that a lot of guys have absolutely no idea about my car and what i actually drive. I heard a 180 driver Rolling Eyes (a guy) say abt my car one day "Some shitbox red car...the chick was pretty hot though" and he thinks he is a hardcore drifter! My ass! Evil or Very Mad
Oh and Mr Toof - i recognise your name...but i dont remember actually meeting you Embarassed Hopefully i will see you around newy sometime. I have a white 86 now...not the red one anymore.

Cheers!

prove hotness or ban Razz
lol
jokin
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 21:13

prove hotness or ban Razz
lol
jokin

lol Smile

thats gold mate. ill vouch for her.

so of female toymodders ive met 100% are hot. admittably that is 2 of 2 but still good numbers.
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 17 October 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

thats gold mate. ill vouch for her.

Thanks Toof, glad you have got my back Laughing

Yeah i i knew your plates were that, thats why i assumed your user name was Mr Toof. Wasnt really paying much attn. Razz my bad.

Id love to come for a drive. Im not really taking my current sprinter for many runs. Stock 4AC motor and no LSD means its pretty shit to drive Razz January next year it will be a GZE with the works...then ill never get out of the thing. Laughing

NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
icon5.gif  Re: Female members in Brisbane? Mon, 18 October 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I guess that answers my Q&A. But the question was...female toymodders in Brisbane. I guess the dick-jockey from boost was right, I hate being wrong all the time.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Mon, 18 October 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u like do chick-drifting and sideway stuff?
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Tue, 19 October 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sw4y wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 20:12

Quote:

noone really with oldskool stuff... It doesn't really help, you know, some of the totally moronic threads that turn up in the General forum here from time to time.

MORE GIRL DRIFTERS!

Werd! If anything I can help down Melb way, let me know. Could help out with some workshop sponsorship etc Smile
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Tue, 19 October 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 23:57

no need for that Mad
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Tue, 19 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

rthy: No wonder there arent many girls that post on this forum cos guys like u are complete dickheads when it comes to girls and cars. Makes me so angry! Evil or Very Mad
There are quite a few guys on here that have seen me and my car around and will vouch for my abilities. Not that i should even feel like i have to justify myself or driving ability to you!

Quote:

If anything I can help down Melb way, let me know. Could help out with some workshop sponsorship etc

GTII - thats awesome. Id actually like to start a drifting community similar to "Drifting Pretty" which has been set up in the states. I just need a few more girls to come out of the woodwork!

And thanks Sleeker162. You Rock.
Sway

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 05:19]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Tue, 19 October 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could dress up like a chick ??? But I'm not in the brisbane area hehehe

The whole chicks and car modification thing seems a bit rare. It's just seen as un-feminine - for what seems like no reason at all. Maybe when they 'hot' up their car to attract 'guys' (read : non-anglocised pimps) they can more easily justify the purpose of it all, but the whole racing-adrenaline junkie car-modifying thing is a path few gals go down.

Which is a shame if you ask me - we haven't had a fast competitive chick in motorsport since Michelle Mouton - and it was, like, 1982 when she last blasted through the world rally championship stages. No No No
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Tue, 19 October 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 23:57

Listen up MOFO, wake up to yourself, women are good at many thing, even better then men in many ways but faggarts like you just dont get the picture.

So shut the hell up, and go wank in the corner.

I had my rant for the week

Cheers

Steve
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 20 October 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 16:46

I could dress up like a chick ??? But I'm not in the brisbane area hehehe

The whole chicks and car modification thing seems a bit rare. It's just seen as un-feminine - for what seems like no reason at all. Maybe when they 'hot' up their car to attract 'guys' (read : non-anglocised pimps) they can more easily justify the purpose of it all, but the whole racing-adrenaline junkie car-modifying thing is a path few gals go down.

Which is a shame if you ask me - we haven't had a fast competitive chick in motorsport since Michelle Mouton - and it was, like, 1982 when she last blasted through the world rally championship stages. No No No

but its very feminine to be at car shows in short as skirts and pretty much no top Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 20 October 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but its very feminine to be at car shows in short as skirts and pretty much no top
Yes - yes it is Confused

And FKN16V, you need to chill Razz

I have witnessed huge debates about why chicks aren't into computer games and the like and it's got nothing to do with ability, skills or talent...it's just simply due to the way that, overall, we all 'genderise' ourselves (not withstanding the possibility of exception) at a very early age and then screw up any chance we have to de-gender some of these activities.

That chicks are used as advertisement and are treated as objects to screw in both the motorsport and the lame-ass computer game world (think Lara Croft, Bloodrayne who was just in playboy magazine I think etc) is a big tribute to the similarity of the problem facing both those two male 'dominated' hobbies.

It's not something that you can change about the activity to make it more gender neutral, but it's something that is more related to society's structure as a whole and how we define the roles of people based on characteristics that aren't related to their functional ability.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 20 October 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well sw4y, u know im around... sometimes....

Whats drifting pretty ? theres some article in the new hot 4's or something, yeah, hot 4's, about a club in w.a called 'driven by heels' some chicks car club.... i dunno about the driving in hells though... i dont think it would work too good Confused

Yeah, the steriotyping thing sucks, i dont know how many hundreds of times ive heard 'oh, a chick thats into cars, u dont see many of them'

And fact is as well, some guys dont like it when you can talk the talk as well, i dont know if they feel intimidated, or if we are stepping into their territory or something, but i dont see any real reason why a chick cant be into or know as much about cars as guys do ?

On another car forum i moderate on, some chicks come and go, and they like to majorly advertise they are a female, and want to talk to all the guys with the 'fast shiny cars' with 'big turboes to make it go fast' and huge wheels etc... but they never last.

It just sucks they ruin it for us who are serious about our cars and genuinley have an intrest.

I dont usually advertise i am a female ( well, i suppose you can guess now coz of my aviatar ) and even other car forums i have been on for years, some people still dont know i am a chick, its just easier that way.

Neks ^-^
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 20 October 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

FWDboy wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 17:12

That chicks are used as advertisement and are treated as objects to screw in both the motorsport and the lame-ass computer game world (think Lara Croft, Bloodrayne who was just in playboy magazine I think etc) is a big tribute to the similarity of the problem facing both those two male 'dominated' hobbies.

It's not like the chicks are bashed over the head and made to wear scanty clothes and drape over cars and such things to appease men. They're not forced. They're not stupid. They know that if they got a hot bod and good looks that they can get a lot of work and money doing adverts and other such things.

So, I don't think it's entirely correct to assume that it's all male dominated and the girls are forced into using their sexuality and looks. They do it because they want to and they like to.

It gets a little unclear as to who dominates who, when guys tongues hang out and they get all sweet-like when a pretty girl is around.

Terms like "pretty drifting" just exacerbates the situation by mere inference. It puts in place an image of hot chicks drifting their cars. In reality, you're just doing some plain old drifting, and gender has nought to do with it.

seeyuzz
river
amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Wed, 20 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know i don't think it's the show chicks that's really the problem. So straight men like tits, so what? It's more the attitude the younger guys here have about women (in general) that's the problem. You know the drill, "my girlfriend nearly crashed my Supra", "stupid female drivers always cut me off", "women never take care of their cars"... The irony is that most of the dudes mouthing off about chicks are the same ones who post a week later about how they crashed their car again or got pulled over for drink driving again or lost control in the rain again or...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

amwtoy wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 22:52

You know i don't think it's the show chicks that's really the problem. So straight men like tits, so what? It's more the attitude the younger guys here have about women (in general) that's the problem. You know the drill, "my girlfriend nearly crashed my Supra", "stupid female drivers always cut me off", "women never take care of their cars"... The irony is that most of the dudes mouthing off about chicks are the same ones who post a week later about how they crashed their car again or got pulled over for drink driving again or lost control in the rain again or...

Yep. I agree.

seeyuzz
river
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

It's not like the chicks are bashed over the head and made to wear scanty clothes and drape over cars and such things to appease men. They're not forced. They're not stupid. They know that if they got a hot bod and good looks that they can get a lot of work and money doing adverts and other such things.

So, I don't think it's entirely correct to assume that it's all male dominated and the girls are forced into using their sexuality and looks. They do it because they want to and they like to.

It gets a little unclear as to who dominates who, when guys tongues hang out and they get all sweet-like when a pretty girl is around.

Terms like "pretty drifting" just exacerbates the situation by mere inference. It puts in place an image of hot chicks drifting their cars. In reality, you're just doing some plain old drifting, and gender has nought to do with it.
You are missing my point entirely man, and totally misconstruing what I say! My point is the perception of chicks involvement in motorsport by guys, is mainly driven by modelling and sex. It's got nothing to do with their knowledge or passion for cars or their involvement in the competition side of the sport. I know that chicks are smart enough to realise that they can make good money out of modelling and also that they, for the most part, appreciate the attention (except when it gets too much). I'm not here to discuss the motivation behind being a model.

All I was saying is that both computer games and motorsport have similar problems regarding female participation and both contain a similar symptom - that is - women are used as attention grabbers for the horny simplistic side of males (yes we all have that side).

The real question of the matter is, why is it that chicks are gravitated towards modelling etc and not towards competing in motorsport - and as far as I'm concerned (although this is not a fact it's just an opinion) it has nothing to do with motorsport at all - it's just simply a fact of the way we encourage certain characteristics at an early age.

Show girls are not detracting other girls from being involved in motorsport, the show chicks aren't THE problem, but they are a SYMPTOM of the problem.If there was equity in the involvement and enjoyment of motorsport maybe we would have more show guys around? As for the who dominates who - what has that got to do with participation in motorsport? I'm saying that the majority of the participation in motorsport is governed and perpetuated by guys - thus it is a male dominated arena. If the models/show girls disappeared I'm sure that motorsport would still be around!

The real problem is the perception of females regarding cars by guys and how that carries on into fathering and early-age development. The general attitudes in society are the problem, and in a sense you can see how that has been perpetuated out at the race tracks - once again THE 'ACTION' AT THE TRACK IS ONLY SYMPOMATIC AND NOT CAUSAL.

As for the whole pretty drifting thing - I'm not going to comment!

On the whole I agree with every point you made, but please be a little less presumptious when reading these kind of debates because I've seen it all happen before and it spills into pages and pages of two people who don't communicate on the same wavelength because of assumptions and rushed replies.

Razz
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 19:47

I realised the other night that when you say "I own a twin turbo supra", people immediately think mk4...

slightly (very) off-topic, on the train into the cirty the other night, I heard some transit cops saying how good the FTO was, and how someone should transplant a 3000gt engine in it, and then proceeded to talk about fords and holdens. I woulda slapped them, but they would've got neanderthal on my scrawny arse

lol, just got a vision of them beating someone with giant cave man clubs Laughing Laughing Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

FWDboy, you're response is a lot more clear than the one on which I replied. I agree with your points. As this is a written-only medium, the normal nuances of communication are lacking and there are (and always will be) times when things are misconstrued or taken a different way to how the author intended.

However, I am amused in thinking about "show guys" hanging around the cars. I would love to see what the bogan-types would think, when they go to see the Bathurst V8 Super Cars, and all these male models hanging around the vehicles. Smile

seeyuzz
river
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I admit my first response was slightly less clear Smile

Show guys would be DAMN funny , I imagine they'll be surrounded by body guard tho to stop homophobic bikies from attacking them. Ewww - guys running around in bathers posing near cars. yuk.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blah blah blah, all talk no pics
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thing that got me offended was the scorn and derision in rthy's post. Like we COULDNT do it because we were chicks.

That frustratingly archaic and sexist view point, Rthy Attempting to reduce the merit of our car enthusiasm.

I dont have a problem so to speak of women used as an advertising tool, because its not like they are beaten over the head and forced to bend over that car in a g-string. They do it as a CHOICE...USING THERE OWN FREE WILL.

To each there own. It isnt really the point.

Neko: Im totally with you on the advertising of gender. As some guys are guilty of bagging women out a lot of females use there sexuality as a bargaining tool or beacon for attn on forums. I hate that, but at the end of the day they get what they have coming eventually. Its just sad that they dont respect themselves a little more.

Quote:

as far as I'm concerned (although this is not a fact it's just an opinion) it has nothing to do with motorsport at all - it's just simply a fact of the way we encourage certain characteristics at an early age.

This is a valid point...the whole nature vs nurture argument. I know that My car obsession is not received enthusiastically by my mum etc. My dad gets a kick out of it, but i get so much shit from other female family members. And that is sad cos it perpetuates the whole sterotyping more. Every one is guilty, its human nature.

However...i am wondering where u are Rthy?? Whats the matter? Drift cat got your tongue?

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Thu, 21 October 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, here's my 2c:

If you're into cars, your into cars - Male or female. Who gives a shit.

I think FKN16V made a valid point about chicks being better than guys at loads of stuff.... It's so true.

I say good on ya girls and don't take shit from idiots like that one above. Just look at 'Drift Girl' with the VK.... Everyone says "She's just getting all the attention cos she's a chick blah blah", maybe so, but at least she's out there having a go and making a lot of red faces along the way!

Cheers,

Jeremy.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Fri, 22 October 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I think FKN16V made a valid point about chicks being better than guys at loads of stuff.... It's so true.
haha - you don't want to upset an equality freak like me with statement like that! Let's just say ppl are ppl Smile
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Fri, 22 October 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 22:46

blah blah blah, all talk no pics

Why should we need to provide pictures though? Wheres yours?

Sw4y, i am in the same boat, my family used to laugh at me when i said i was going to work on cars, and have nice cars myself etc... to them a car is a car, but thats not so.
Even my DAD, who used to race and absoloutley obsess over his cortina 'back in the day', doesnt really encourage me, in fact, it caused many fights with comments such as

'why cant you be more like a girl?'
' i dont want you driving on a track, its too dangerous'
'stop going out to the runs etc'

but the thing i dont understand is if he at his age could drive the track and drag race his car... whats the difference between him and me?

Used to get me down, but the fact is i kept on with it and now ive proved everyone wrong by working on cars for a living and building up my ae86. My dad has kinda came around and occasionally asks how the car is going, but he never really seems interested, i guess he thinks its just not a womans domain.....

Quote:

Its just sad that they dont respect themselves a little more.

That it is, i dont know whether it makes them feel good or sexy or whatever, but the fact is people go to see the cars not the chicks.... well, maybe, i dunno, I know personally i wouldnt like heaps of men leering and shit at me, just staring at my chest all day.... fuck that!
But i know if there were male models hanging off cars id be telling them to get out of the way, because i didnt come to see them.

--

Even if you are not into drifiting, racing on a track or whatever, theres just some stuff every female should know about cars, basic shit like changing a tyre, doing the oil and water etc instead of calling the dad/bf/nrma man when something goes wrong... but thats just common sense.

Neks ^-^

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Fri, 22 October 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I watch a car slide around a corner I judge the car and the drivers ability. There is no 'pretty good for a girl' comments as far as im concearned. It could be a group of gnomes driving the car. It doesnt matter.

Some guys attitudes towards girls and cars are drawn from two possibilities. Just their general social stance and the world as it is from their point of view.

It's a fact that the majority of girls out there dont know anything about cars and if your car has bling and an exhaust then your car is a sweet ride.

It's sad however that this has to impact on girls out there driving, learning and doing it all, just like everyone else on here (ie. males). It's funny however that there are guys out there that are also totally clueless, except they dont get bagged out.

I guess in the end, its Clueless guys fitting bling to their cars to attract clueless girls.

But where does that leave the rest of us? I guess on a forum... bagging every girl and under the impretion that they are clueless ... all this ofcourse is stemmed from the fact that said people making said comments wish they we're attracting the 'hoes wif no clothes' at maccas.

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Fri, 22 October 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 16:55

'why cant you be more like a girl?'
' i dont want you driving on a track, its too dangerous'
'stop going out to the runs etc'

I hear you sister. You shoulda heard the whinging and moaning from my mum & dad when I took up cooking and needlework, instead of tech-drawing and wood-working for electives. Smile

seeyuzz
river
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Fri, 22 October 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but the thing i dont understand is if he at his age could drive the track and drag race his car... whats the difference between him and me?
Well that's inequity for ya! Sucks ey? Obviously you haven't let it bother you so much as to dull your passion for cars...but it can be a huge factor for other girls who show interest. I dunno how much peer-group has to do with it as well...any thoughts?

Quote:

Why should we need to provide pictures though? Wheres yours?
Ahahaha - sorry to do this to you ppl but this is what I look like when I get kicked in the eye at taekwondo training. (also looks like I need to shave)

http://home.bigblue.net.au/pwade/argh.jpg

I would have to agree with bathurst_91 a bit, if someone's a crap driver they are crap...if they are good then they are good...having a sweet rack is not going to make them any more endearing to me when it comes to racing and what I think of them as motorsport participants.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Fri, 22 October 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hehehehe, you look like Meatloaf before he got fat Laughing

seeyuzz
river

PS: And have a shave!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Fri, 22 October 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Women drivers rock. My gf almost did crash my Supra once, but you should see her drift that thing Very Happy She's definitely a lot better than so many wannabe's out there.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 23 October 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I dunno how much peer-group has to do with it as well...any thoughts?

Well, i guess it really depends on how easily you get infuenced..... i have some female friends who if you even mention about cars to they just roll their eyes but they can sit there and have a meaningful conversation about whats in the fashion and how inspirational such and such's new line of clothes and makeup is... i mean... what the fuck??!

But i barely see them anymore.....

So in a way i guess it does, because when i was with those other chicks, i still had an intrest but it wasnt like it was now, 'coz here theres always someone working on their car, or talking about it, playing gt on ps2, someone ringing for advice about their car, so its good because i feel that i am always learning something new, and with cars there's way too many aspects and different things to learn, even if you know heaps and heaps of stuff, there is always more you can learn....

My mates i live with, and my circle of friends is all about cars etc and driving, and i have always just been treated as one of them, almost like its never even crossed their mind i was a girl... like to them, so what if you are a chick, it doesnt mean you get any lee-ways or treated any different, everyone is the same as each other and if you are male or female is fuck all difference... so that why sometimes its a bit of a rude shock the way you get treated at automotive events and even on cars forums just because you are a chick.

But apart from me, and sw4y, and another friend i have who has a GTiR ( altho, i think she has lost intrest in it, but she was into it when she first got it), and another chick racer who drives a rexy, i honestly have to say, they are all the female drivers that i know... or females that have an intrest in cars... i mean i know there must be shitloads more out there... but in 20 years if all i have come across is about 4 or 5... thats pretty sad.

Neks ^-^
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 23 October 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 11:22

But apart from me, and sw4y, and another friend i have who has a GTiR ( altho, i think she has lost intrest in it, but she was into it when she first got it), and another chick racer who drives a rexy, i honestly have to say, they are all the female drivers that i know... or females that have an intrest in cars... i mean i know there must be shitloads more out there... but in 20 years if all i have come across is about 4 or 5... thats pretty sad.

Neks ^-^

yeah its a bit of a shame to see that so few chicks are genuinly into cars, not just their drivers. (althogh the interest in the driver is never unappreciated Razz )

miss mr2 likes the driving side of it but i think she cringes a little when i can "can you hold this" and above "this" is either dripping in oil or cacked in brake dust Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 23 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think females getting into motorsport is on the rise lately. Infact, I remember reading an article on it in some newspaper a couple of months back.

On the topic of clueless guys & girls, I really do think that a lot of the people that just read the HPI magazines and never came to places like Toymods just stay on the outside the build up of their cars. That is what I see from my friends anyway.

A lot of my friends (males) used to be really into cars but as youngens didn't really know too much about the mechanics of them other than which part will be the best to buy. Since, I bought my Corona I have gone from knowing nothing except how to do an oil change to just last month doing a full engine swap.

I don't think it matters whether you are female or male, if you have a passion for cars you have a passion for cars.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 23 October 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First of all, LMAO at the meatloaf comment Laughing
Still, beats looking like meatloaf after he got fat. I know I'm an ugly bastard, it's just fun to advertise it hehehe

Now, as for something a little more serious.

Quote:

i have some female friends who if you even mention about cars to they just roll their eyes but they can sit there and have a meaningful conversation about whats in the fashion and how inspirational such and such's new line of clothes and makeup is... i mean... what the fuck??!
Well, it's one thing to have people roll their eyes at a topic of conversation, and another to discourage the activity altogether. I don't know of many guys that discourage other guys' interest in cars, but perhaps there are a few that don't want to rant about cars day and night. I think one problem facing young ppl is that sometimes they can be backed into a corner in terms of what interests they can show, from what I can remember, not fitting in during teenage years can be a real pain in the arse. Even to the point where people change their interests and even part of what could be their identity in order to gain a sense of belonging. The other option is obviously to change who you hang around with Smile

Quote:

like to them, so what if you are a chick, it doesnt mean you get any lee-ways or treated any different, everyone is the same as each other and if you are male or female is fuck all difference... so that why sometimes its a bit of a rude shock the way you get treated at automotive events and even on cars forums just because you are a chick.
I can't even fathom that one, it does seem pretty odd! I'm not sure how much it'll change with time, it depends on how the general female identity evolves in the future as well as male identity. I honestly can't see them ever merging into one unified 'i am a person' identity - at least not in my life time, although I do strive towards that personally.

Quote:

The only chicks I know of that have a genuine interest in cars are on this forum - every gal in my group of friends (ex highschool, uni etc) has no interest in car modifying or racing participation at all. There are of course a few I can think of in motorsport/rallying...but again usually I only pay attention to the good drivers, the only one I've noticed with some good driving style lately is Kira Douglas.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 23 October 2004 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think you should really get angry at men stereotyping women as worse drivers or doubting their genuinity when it comes to liking cars. From a young age our parents dress us in blue clothes if we're boys, pink clothes if we're girls etc. generally speaking. Boys get toy cars and toy guns and bow and arrows for presents and play things like soccer whereas girls play dressups and have their little prams and dolls and stuff.
That's the way our society is brought up so you really can't blame it if guys think they're better drivers than women because generally they would be, because they enjoy driving more often and are into cars for more than just their pretty looks.
That's not to say that there aren't girls out there (eg. neks and sw4y) but it's pretty rare but pretty cool Razz

Also, agreed to by girls, girls tend to FREEZE when something goes wrong rather than guys who tend to act. You can't say it's like that for everyone but my girl friends tend to agree they kind of just freeze if something goes wrong.
When I was teaching my sister to do a u-turn (in a dead end lane) she was coming around and I told her to pull over to the kerb. There was a car a few metres ahead but plenty of space for her to get in comfortably, even for a novice. So then she hits the the accelerator and im like "oi, brake.. BRAKE!!" and she did nothign and COMEPLTELY let go of the wheel soI had to reach over and start steering the wheel to the right and then after about a second she begins putting her hands back on the wheel and making it difficult for me to turn so I had to pull the handbrake.
That was pretty crazy, especially in a dead end quiet lane. My friend from Brissy was also telling me about how this chick was trying to show off in her friend's 180 and drift and hit something and completely let go of everything and it spun out and somehow did a 180 (in the 180! lol) and smacked into a tree.

I think it's just the way we're made? But yeah, going back to my main point -- it's because of society that people will look at girls that way and unless our lives change dramatically really suddenly, it's going to stay that way.

Good on you girls for getting into it though!
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sat, 23 October 2004 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 17:44

And fact is as well, some guys dont like it when you can talk the talk as well, i dont know if they feel intimidated, or if we are stepping into their territory or something, but i dont see any real reason why a chick cant be into or know as much about cars as guys do ?

If they go quiet (which I think that's what you mean) maybe they're thinking *woah!Shocked * in their heads and are just speechless because you actually know what you're talking about OR they're trying to think of some more hardcore stuff to say in reply lol.
I'm definitely sure nobody would feel intimidated or think if a girl who knew what she was on about and was into cars then they'd feel like that girl was stepping into their own territory.

I'm happy when my girl friends know that a T on the end of a gts-t means turbo or when they know what 200sx's are etc. They don't seem to know what a sprinter is (I even try mentioning initial D lol) but hey, it's still cool. Very Happy
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 24 October 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Its so funny you mention that, at my 2nd job the other day i was teaching this guy ( whos not into cars but is getting one soon and wants to know more about em) exactly about what you were just saying.... gts-t and bpt and deT etc T = turbo... and about the s13... s13.5... s14 ... s14.5 etc)

Quote:

OR they're trying to think of some more hardcore stuff to say in reply lol

Ive had that happen before, but i think they got flustered and started bullshiting, but thats when you play the humour game and act all impressed and walk off shaking your head thinking 'dickhead' and he can go back, releived he is still top of the food chain...

About the freezing point... i cant say it happenes to me whilst driving, just because of the fact you cant afford to freeze whilst driving a vehicle, at any speed, because you know there will be damage..... like fair enough trying to save it may also cause an accident, but i think freezing would be worse?
Maybe chicks just freak out more in cars?

I know it happenes to chicks because when i went driving with my little sister (shes 18 now, and this only happened about a month ago) just little things, like, shes already given up before she tries? I think this instance was reverse parking, into a space between 2 cars, but the room she had was about 1 1/2 car lengths... but when she pulled up to the car in front and went to reverse, she had already decided she couldnt do it and had the shits... so i had to jump over into the drivers seat and do it for her... but hey, im not a perfect driver, when i got my p's i was so soso so shit at parking, and i still have my bad days and dont get it in one go... but its gotta happen to some guys too, i mean, not every guy was born to be a race car driver, and has a mad intrest in cars... do u know what i mean?

Neko ^-^
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 24 October 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Also, agreed to by girls, girls tend to FREEZE when something goes wrong rather than guys who tend to act. You can't say it's like that for everyone but my girl friends tend to agree they kind of just freeze if something goes wrong.
I can definitely tell you that it would have nothing (physiologically) to do with gender as to whether someone freezes or not. Again, it probably boils down more to differences in the process of development than it would to actual physical processes.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 24 October 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As an example, my older bro (who was something of the adventerous type when he was first learning to drive) attempted to take a 90 degree right hander way faster than he knew how to at the time, and once he'd pretty much made an arse of it, he froze, went straight off the road towards (and through) a bunch of trees then managed to stop somehow before actually hit a tree. Luckily the only damage was the side-mirror got smacked by one of those white reflective posts.

Nowadays he's just about got his Mk 2 Escort rally car back into shape and will enter it in a few rallies next year (his best result to date is a third place at a walky park rallysprint).

I think parking and race driving are different things too...some days I still make a balls job of a reverse parallel park - yet at the Clare Valley Rally I had little bits of leaves and grass caught in the headlight covers from really trying to get the apexes as tight as possible.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 24 October 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 11:21

I know it happenes to chicks because when i went driving with my little sister (shes 18 now, and this only happened about a month ago) just little things, like, shes already given up before she tries? I think this instance was reverse parking, into a space between 2 cars, but the room she had was about 1 1/2 car lengths... but when she pulled up to the car in front and went to reverse, she had already decided she couldnt do it and had the shits... so i had to jump over into the drivers seat and do it for her... but hey, im not a perfect driver, when i got my p's i was so soso so shit at parking, and i still have my bad days and dont get it in one go... but its gotta happen to some guys too, i mean, not every guy was born to be a race car driver, and has a mad intrest in cars... do u know what i mean?

Neko ^-^

Laughing Laughing about the GTS-t thing and s13 etc.
Same thing happened with my sister when it came to doing u-turn's and stuff. I was showing her if you accelerate enough the wheel will come back on its own but she kept doing it slowly and she wouldnt turn back fast enough so she'd end up at an angle and she wanted to give up after 3 times. I got pretty frustrated and I even yelled at her because I told her I was doing this for HER not for me you know? She's going to have to learn eventually and not everyone will get it on their first go, that's understandable but I really got annoyed when she wanted to give up.

Yeah I have my bad days too, I think we all do.
It seems like we think alike, which means other guys also feel the same way so it's probably a minority of guys that actually feel threatened when girls are into cars while the rest of them think it's cool Very Happy

FWD Boy - Agreed. Definitely to do with physical development and your physical/environmental processes. Like my sister being younger and somewhat spoilt and having things always done for her and having the luxury of me fight with my parents before she has to about the same kinda stuff has resulted in her feeling she doesn't have to be as independant.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Female members in Brisbane? Sun, 24 October 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
there's just too much text here for my little brain to read and comprehend. Embarassed

all i can say is that female car enthusiasts are awesome, there should be more of them. Smile and we should support them.

i like it when a chick comes into work and knows exactly what part she is after and knows about her car and how it works etc. i get some blokes in at work that wouldnt know how to check the engine oil. Rolling Eyes

i taught my little sister how to do all her own services when she bought her 1st car.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:spot quiz - aw11 grey paint code?
Next Topic:performance specs site ?????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:51:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011286020278931 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.