Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Mon, 11 October 2004 18:06 Go to next message
About time to do the upgrade as the 4AC is really deading itself now..... the cold starts are so ba dthat full throttle it wants to only rev to 2000rpm, and if i dont go down the drive correctly by some fucced chance, it hasnt got enough torque to initially go back up the drive to re-correct how I am commin down so I have to sit halfway on an angled drive, handbraked... waiting another 25 mins for it to start runnin properly....

Anyways...
How much is the going price for an ae86 EFI fuel tank, and what should I be looking for to make sure I get a good nice working one.
  Send a private message to this user    
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Mon, 11 October 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My suggestion is not buy a EFI tank, but get yourself a surge tank and get all your fuelling from there. Might be cheaper.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Tue, 12 October 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OR modify your current fuel intake pipe, and mount an intank efi pump(ie VN, etc) in it

that's all the jap efi tanks are.

they dont even have baffles in the tank. just an internal pump.

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Tue, 12 October 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NAT

just get your hands on a vn commodore tank (theres hepas around, just look), with fuel pump and baffles still intact, take it to a metal fabricators work shop (i can put you onto the guy who did mine if you like) and ask to put contents on 1 tank into your standard (4ac)tank, all up shouldnt cost more then $200,

Then you have baffles, and enough fuel for 180-200rwhp, which is more then enough.

Cheers

Steve

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 11:54]

deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Wed, 13 October 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what exactly do baffles look like.. i had a look inside a vn tank today and there didnt seem to be much in there.
i thought they were supposed to break up the tank into sections and stop the fuel sloshing around... meh

btw.. steve.. if you've done this before, would you consider doing it again... for me?
psychofox
Regular

April 2004
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I paid $250 for a jap efi tank with pump. Don't bother with surge tanks that end up stinking and are illegal in the hatch area.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Thu, 14 October 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just bought a new EFI fuel gasket from toyota. Fitted that onto the 4ac tank. and it worked a treat. Best of all. BRAND NEW!. runs like a dream.
driftingAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Thu, 14 October 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JDM fuel tank demystified

Has an inbuilt surge tank.. so fuel doesnt slosh ard while driving or sideways Very Happy

Safer than a surge tank

Runs better than an external pump (usually)

just my 2 cents worth
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Fri, 15 October 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:45

they dont even have baffles in the tank. just an internal pump.

don't listen to me, i was lying when i said that.

it's true, they do have baffles in the JDM tank...they just dont do anything.

deltathing: yup...PM me
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Mon, 18 October 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll second how poor the efi JDM tanks are. my car would get surge with hard cornering once I hit the 1/4 left mark. made my range all of 280km... Mad this was running the std efi pump,efi tank,and a pretty much stock JDM 4AGE.

I've been considering getting mine foam filled for a while now.
I might also go a custom droptank. haven't made my mind up yet.

Justin...
Machiavelli
Regular

September 2004
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Fri, 22 October 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 21:52

NAT

just get your hands on a vn commodore tank (theres hepas around, just look), with fuel pump and baffles still intact, take it to a metal fabricators work shop (i can put you onto the guy who did mine if you like) and ask to put contents on 1 tank into your standard (4ac)tank, all up shouldnt cost more then $200,

Then you have baffles, and enough fuel for 180-200rwhp, which is more then enough.

Cheers

Steve

If you dont mind i would liek his number as well. I need an EFI tank done soon aswell.

Nikos.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: EFi fuel tank for 86? How much should I be paying? Sat, 23 October 2004 02:06 Go to previous message
Machiavelli wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 00:57

FKN16V wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 21:52

NAT

Cheers

Steve

If you dont mind i would liek his number as well. I need an EFI tank done soon aswell.

Nikos.

CHALLEN FABRICATIONS
Unit 1/ 8 Young St East Maitland 2323 (02) 4933 8315

But seriously ay fabrication workshop could do it, even better anybody that can do welding can do it. Surly theres a mobile welder in your area.

Cheers

Steve

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbo smart BOV 4 sale
Next Topic:SA63 Brake Master Cylinder + Booster + Brake Balance thingy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 19:59:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005836009979248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.