Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 07 October 2004 15:10 Go to next message
Provided the interest is there, I'm looking into putting a group buy of Whiteline sway bars together. Price wise, you'd be looking at around $350ish for a non adjustable front and rear bar pair, with adjustable items also available for a premium. If you are interested in buying within the next 4-6 weeks, with full payment being made before order, let me know?!

To confirm there is a bar available for your car, check out the Whitleine listing to the right hand side of the link below:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/default.asp?page=/sway bars.htm

Clint

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 13:23]

Send a private message to this user  
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 08 October 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they do a rear for my car, I'll get one, but I doubt they do.
I have no need to upgrade my front though!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 08 October 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep they do a 16mm non adjustable rear item for a MX73.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 08 October 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the factory was 18mm

Hmm, I'll have to check

EDIT: On second thoughts, maybe the factory was 12?

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 02:30]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 08 October 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whiteline use far superior steel to factory and come with new urethane bushes....
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Mon, 11 October 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they make a few bars for ae86..
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Tue, 12 October 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clint,

Put me down for a
-BTF35X
-BTR25R

Let me know how much and I will drop the cash off to you.

Gabe
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Tue, 12 October 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i highly recomend geting adjustable ones....dont get stuck with ur car acting one way and not being able to change it if u dont liek it....plus adjustable shit is king Very Happy

i got my front 27mm adj for $240 fron wa suspention freo
if ur geting extremly cheep rears i want one of those cos the pedders one i got is fu*king gay....

Adam
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Tue, 12 October 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedder means poofter in bosnian Laughing
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if that is true pedder --- that is the funniest shit i have heard all day! Laughing Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WA: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 21:15

i got my front 27mm adj for $240

What brand is that bar?
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How difficult is it to install the swaybar yourself? I was planning on getting it done when I do my suspension, but if these are for a good price and aren't hard to install, I might get them early.

I'd be getting BTF60 and BTR32 for my 162 Celica.

Retail would be $207.27 + $166.36 + 10% GST = $411, so it's a decent saving.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty easy to install, except 27mm ae86 bar is "workshop" fit...
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take a pair for a ke20, but adj. front if they make one.

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

What brand is that bar?

bar is whiteline

Adam
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 18:45

pretty easy to install, except 27mm ae86 bar is "workshop" fit...

What makes it a workshop fit??

Jezza
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its easy as hell....just need to remove the radius rods and what they mount to (the bracket things at the front) and undo sway bar and just drop it all down....slide brackets off swaybar put new one inside and put it back on.... easy

Adam
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this might seem rather ridiculous, but what exactly do sway bars do? Embarassed

-Jay
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 17:26

Quote:

What brand is that bar?

bar is whiteline

Adam

Can you supply a part number for your 27mm adjustable front bar, as I can't find one?

Fuji Tofu, post your question in the "Tech and Conversions" section please, this is not the appropriate place for it.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
control roll by providing a torsional "spring" which acts from side to side....as whiteline advertises "the best dollar for dollar handling improvement blah blah"

basically....get a tight rear one....rear gets nice and loose Smile yeh baby!!

get a front and if its too tight it tries to understeer Sad

get both....adjustable...tune the handling of ur car to a perfection.... Nod

or do what i have done....both to max and ur in a world of pure bliss Very Happy

seriously after springs and shocks get a pair of these....

Adam
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btf35z

24mm adj to 27

call peter at wa suspention fremantle

Adam
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 13 October 2004 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 00:23

control roll by providing a torsional "spring" which acts from side to side....as whiteline advertises "the best dollar for dollar handling improvement blah blah"

basically....get a tight rear one....rear gets nice and loose Smile yeh baby!!

get a front and if its too tight it tries to understeer Sad

get both....adjustable...tune the handling of ur car to a perfection.... Nod

or do what i have done....both to max and ur in a world of pure bliss Very Happy

seriously after springs and shocks get a pair of these....

Adam

Hey Adam,

Can you explain it in a little more depth?

My model swaybars wouldn't be adjustable. Are you saying that putting a swaybar on the front would increase understeer? Is a front AND a rear a worthwhile modification to a FWD car?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 14 October 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hey Adam,

Can you explain it in a little more depth?

My model swaybars wouldn't be adjustable. Are you saying that putting a swaybar on the front would increase understeer? Is a front AND a rear a worthwhile modification to a FWD car?

Like Clint said, ask in the Tech section, not here. Or do a search of toymods.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 14 October 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 21:10

its easy as hell....just need to remove the radius rods and what they mount to (the bracket things at the front) and undo sway bar and just drop it all down....slide brackets off swaybar put new one inside and put it back on.... easy

Adam

well when my 27mm was put it, we had to dremel ou the radius rod brackets as the eyelet was too wide and new longer link rods were needed....

whiteline only make 24mm adjustable...
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 14 October 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twincam_ke20 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 18:43

ill take a pair for a ke20, but adj. front if they make one.

non adjust front and rear 16mm is all they make...BTF6 and BTR22
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 14 October 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG, I'm considering just getting a rear swaybar first. Could I still be in on the group buy?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 14 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure that would be fine...
DTrain
Regular

September 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 14 October 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much would a non adjustable rear swaybar for an ae82 twinky cost?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 14 October 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look on the whiteline site and add some discount...
DTrain
Regular

September 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 15 October 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its $166 ($205 delivered) on there...tell me exactly how much this "some discount" would be
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 15 October 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "discount" will depend on how much and of what type we buy at once, but generally speaking, you'd prolly be looking at around 10-20% on the bars alone.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 15 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
166? did u add gst??
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Sun, 17 October 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be in for a group buy.
Do you think an AE86 adjustalbe front swaybar would fit into my KE70???
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Sun, 17 October 2004 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should do, given they're the same floor pan?!

Any other takers for this group buy - I'm looking to finalise numbers towards the end of this week, with payments for requested bars to follow?
Yenda
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Tue, 19 October 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested in the
BTR25Z -rear adjustable swaybar for ae86

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 07:41]

Team_Weall
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Tue, 19 October 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to get one. seems they only make a rear bar for the ST185 Sad

which would i be better of getting the btr29 or the btr29z
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 20 October 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that decision is entirely up to you....people will be able to help more if u give them an idea of what u want to use the car for, budget etc etc...
Team_Weall
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 21 October 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well the cost diff is pretty small so what benefit would there be to buying the more expensive adjustable one?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 21 October 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adjustable swaybars give you the opportunity to either dial in or out understerer and oversteer
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 21 October 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am sensing Deja Vu Laughing

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=292086&rid=1935&S=0cf85bfd11bd59942fb6 71c886ce0dc9

Really guys these bars are not hot selling items , so you should easily be able to negotiate a really good deal for a large group buy , the rear should cost less than when i once purchased one {$77}. But maybe also look at getting custom bars built , also without the whiteline breaking mounts and link rods { just ask any WRX owner } . If you have any-other questions on this ask Steve-Ae86 , sorry i am to busy atm .

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 12:39]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 21 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 20:31

I am sensing Deja Vu Laughing

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=292086&rid=1935&S=0cf85bfd11bd59942fb6 71c886ce0dc9

Really guys these bars are not hot selling items , so you should easily be able to negotiate a really good deal for a large group buy , the rear should cost less than when i once purchased one {$77}. But maybe also look at getting custom bars built , also without the whiteline breaking mounts and link rods { just ask any WRX owner } . If you have any-other questions on this ask Steve-Ae86 , sorry i am to busy atm .

I'm a bit lost as to the purpose of your post? I've read your posts in the thread you've quoted, and must admit - if you can get such good price, please feel free to go through this thread and quote us all a price for the bars we want plus delivery to us? $55 for an adjustable panhard rod as you quote in the other thread is also good - can you still get these items for that price, if so would you like to supply a few to those who'll ask for them from this point on?

Personally I'd like 4 swaybars:

1x BTF35Z
1x BTF35X
2x BTR25Z

I'll gladly take you up on your offer of $55 Adjustable Panhard Rods too, and will order 2 at that price too - Let me know?!!!
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 21 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDE....u idiot, these are SWAYbars NOT panhard rods.....

if u are not involved stay out....

this was supposed to be a CLEAN thread, see above where those asking questions were told to SEARCH etc...

thanks...please EDIT post accordingly Laughing
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 21 October 2004 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
how much for a rear and front swar bar set for an AE82 twinky?
roughly?
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 21 October 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 23:09

DUDE....u idiot, these are SWAYbars NOT panhard rods.....

if u are not involved stay out....

this was supposed to be a CLEAN thread, see above where those asking questions were told to SEARCH etc...

thanks...please EDIT post accordingly Laughing

Hey if you cannot work out the costing of these bars , be it sway or panhard , Don't go mouthing off .

Think about it for a while and i will answer you later , You really don't know about the aftermarket parts pricing do you Laughing

Very easy to understand , once the item is sold from the wholesaler it gets gst added , then most autostores work on 100-200% mark up to trade , then plus gst , to retail there is another x10-20% plus gst .

Now work that out and you will come up with a approx value of the item , then that valve can of-course be bargained with the supplier . Due to there always being other company's who will match that price just to cut the others sales .

I do this for a job Trueno , lets see how you do bigshot . Lets see how cheap you can organize the bars . And thats without me making one phonecall . Why don't you ask the other ae86 people in your state , i have told them ways to get around the extra costs easy . Or maybe they won't tell you , wonder why Sad
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 22 October 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u have pm improved as i am no longer arguing in the group buy thread...
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 22 October 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 06:28

once the item is sold from the wholesaler it gets gst added , then most autostores work on 100-200% mark up to trade , then plus gst , to retail there is another x10-20% plus gst ... I do this for a job

So are you saying for a retail sale you account for GST of 30%? If so, I'd suggest you go and check your tax laws?!

I'm still confused as to your motives behind your posts? I'll happily accept your offers of "cheaper than cheap swaybar prices", if you will kindly provide them? Should you not be willing to let us all in on the "good prices", I'm lost as to why you are so worried about pricing for something you have no intention of assisting or involving yourself in other than the posts you've placed here?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 01:26]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 22 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clint, is this group buy still on?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 22 October 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, getting back on track, I'll call for final interest in swaybars at the prices mentioned above in the thread. Once I have your confirmed interestbefore the end of today, I'll price them up according to those numbers and come back to everyone with a price for the bars they want?

Clint
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 22 October 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 11:22

improvedae86 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 06:28

once the item is sold from the wholesaler it gets gst added , then most autostores work on 100-200% mark up to trade , then plus gst , to retail there is another x10-20% plus gst ... I do this for a job

So are you saying for a retail sale you account for GST of 30%? If so, I'd suggest you go and check your tax laws?!

I'm still confused as to your motives behind your posts? I'll happily accept your offers of "cheaper than cheap swaybar prices", if you will kindly provide them? Should you not be willing to let us all in on the "good prices", I'm lost as to why you are so worried about pricing for something you have no intention of assisting or involving yourself in other than the posts you've placed here?

Its not 30% gst , its the stores mark up of 10-20% , then if you are on-selling any goods of-course you have to add gst , unless it just a cash sale non business related.

I see you are trying to msn me Clint , get online and i will explain how to get around all of this direct with discount .

This is the last time i bother helping anyone on this forum due to comments like above .

buderimboy
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 22 October 2004 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me down for the BTF35Z and BTR25Z.
Thanks,
Norton.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Tue, 26 October 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clint, im interested to know what is happening with this?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Tue, 26 October 2004 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Waiting for improvedae86 to get back to me with those good prices?!
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 27 October 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clint, don't know if you this.
The company that Whiteline bought out, Selby, are back in business for themselves now.

I've got some contact details if you'd like.
They may be interested in doing a "club" deal to get some publicity.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Wed, 27 October 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you PM them to me please Steve?
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 28 October 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, can you get these for an 85 MX73 Cressida? Are there many other people interested in them for the MX73?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 28 October 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only people with MX73's!!! Rear bars are only available for them though - the fronts are something like 30mm standard.

Still waiitng for prices from those who've said they can get good prices?!?!?
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 28 October 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well everyone seem to be waiting on me , i dont know why anyone here cannot organise anything correctly Mad . Well after taking time out of my busy day i have uncovered the correct current pricing for these products .

rrp trade

A: $143 $63
b: $183 $81
c: $228 $101
d: $258 $114

Now you can all go bargain for you bars .

Sorry i don't have time to answer all you pms on this subject i am only working 12 hours a day in one job then 6 hours in another venture atm .

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 13:14]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 28 October 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 21:11

Well everyone seem to be waiting on me , i dont know why anyone here cannot organise anything correctly Mad . Well after taking time out of my busy day i have uncovered the correct current pricing for these products .

rrp trade

A: $143 $63
b: $183 $81
c: $228 $101
d: $258 $114

Now you can all go bargain for you bars .

Sorry i don't have time to answer all you pms on this subject i am only working 12 hours a day in one job then 6 hours in another venture atm .

Ok people, work around these prices and let me know what you want, and don't forget you'll prolly be up for postage to you too, so account for another $50 or so!

Thanks to Adam Farally/improvedae86 for the prices.

Clint
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Thu, 28 October 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmmm cheap prices...
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Sway Bar Group Buy Fri, 29 October 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i am in if it is less than 350 delivered to perth.

btf60 and btr32
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:sold
Next Topic:17in wheels rwd offset (SOLD)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:09:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087409019470215 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.