Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What is a BLUE Slip?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:42 Go to next message
Hi guys, just having the strangest question.... what is a blue slip?? I heard of the pink and green... but what is the blue slip?

Cheers,
Alliance
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the uber nasty pink slip that you have to do for cars that have been out of rego for more than 3 months or are coming from interstate

just think pink slip, but much more comprehensive..
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 23:42

Hi guys, just having the strangest question.... what is a blue slip?? I heard of the pink and green... but what is the blue slip?

Cheers,
Alliance

engineering certificate to say ur car is legal for whatever modifications its had
or according to the post above.. im wrong... ahh i dunno hahahaha

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 13:44]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh shazza... so how much approx am i looking at?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a blue slip is an inspection certificate that is required, when a car is unregistered or a chgange of information is required. it is very similar to a pink slip, however the identity of the vehicle is thoroughly checked and details are documented for the RTA to process your rego papers
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Thanks Karl, cause i just never heard of a blue slip ever.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no probs...blue slip costs about $40-$50 from memory. just make sure the car is in good nik, Very Happy
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A blue slip is an unregistered vehicle safety inspection report, issued by an AUVIS, which proves a vehicle has passed the required roadworthiness, design and identity standards.

This is used:

To establish an unregistered vehicle's registration.
When an interstate vehicle is registered in NSW for the first time.

cost a bit more than a pink slip, i think there something like 30-40$

edit in the time it took me to look at the rtas site to get the full discription and ask a friend on the cost, so many more posts

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 14:07]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i wonder how long the process takes? neone know?
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not long, longer than ure pink slip, yet maybee an hour or so,
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so what im looking at is that if i dont have rego and that donee b4... like a brand new car

i'll need to get it to a place and get a blue slip..... then a green slip... and then a pink slip right?

sorry guys its my first car... and i havent got a nut clue how to get it going.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK....here we go step by step

1. make sure the car is in good nik. no oil leaks rust etc.
2. book to get a blue slip
3. get blue slip
4. buy and obtain green slip. CTP (compulsory third party)
5. take blue slip and green slip to RTA and they will issue you with number plates and registration papers.

anyone please correct me if im wrong
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how much roughly am i looking at? 1K for everything? Thanks Karl... ur a kind man Very Happy
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that all depends on your green slip. some people pay $580 for a green slip. I pay $340. lets say you pay maximum of $580..then yes it could run up to 1K.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So i'm thinking thats $1,000 approx ... to get a car thats non registered for over 3 months to get back on the road? my insurance is $1200 for a ST162 btw.

Lastly, approx how long will the process take? since i have to sell my ohter car, i dont want it so i have got no car to use while im trying to get one on the road... hopefully it will only take a few days for everything

Which means i cant work cause ill be busy Sad
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you get the blue slip...which takes about an hour...you can normally get the rest done the same day if you apply yourself to the task. realistically it a 1/2 day event. the blue slip lasts for 30 days if you want to prelong the registration part until you sell your car.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats better than i thought. Say if i bought the car though, it means i cannot start to drive to to my place until all this is done am i correct?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get a permit from the rta to drive the car home. which costs about $25...alternately you can get it towed home for about $40 if its a local tow.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz I wonder if i can drive it so i can do the inspections on the day when i buy it.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes you can drive it to the blue slip place...but you have to book it in 1st..cause if u got pulled over by the cops you would have to tell them that you are going to get a blue slip. and they will leave u alone (hopefully). otherwise they can screw you for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle (CTP). its a hefty fine
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok all sounding good to me mate, thanks for your info karl... i'm overly excied Very Happy and too anxious... hope sat comes earlier Razz
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Wed, 13 October 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sat is now closer...ITS THURSDAY...im off to bed... Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Thu, 14 October 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we dont have that in brisbane at all
if a car isnt rego'd.. roadworthy... rego.. thats it
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Fri, 15 October 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 00:32

that all depends on your green slip. some people pay $580 for a green slip. I pay $340. lets say you pay maximum of $580..then yes it could run up to 1K.

How the heck do you get a greenslip so cheap??
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What is a BLUE Slip? Fri, 15 October 2004 04:46 Go to previous message
its is a contribution of a number of thing

1. im 37 years of age.

2. if you take out insurance with the same company even if its just third party you are entitled to a big discount

3. I have a great driving record which I get 70% protected no claim bonus.

Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 - Roll call
Next Topic:LSD for AE86?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:12:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15885901451111 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.