Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch: Thanks mate. Definately build her up my december for the big meet.

I'll see how the insurance thing goes... it's annoying but i'm just relieved my lil beast is back.
I couldn't really tell, i didn't have a lot of time to inspect it as the dude was on his break and didn't like the idea of supervising us on his break. I suspect the engine is still there maybe the TRD oil cap is missing but it should be as it seems the car was dumped on bricks for a number of days (couple of spiderweb locations on car).

Also i got AAMI third party but i DID tell them i had after market CD and alloy wheels.

-Jay
  Send a private message to this user    
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm..dont think 3rd party will pay for any of your stuff..unfortunately Sad hence it's called 3rd party! hehe
unless they are totally generous... insurance companies??
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u have 3rd party + fire & theft?? Pretty sure they would cover some of it, but if its just 3rd party...i dont think they will Crying or Very Sad
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got an SMS from Jay this morning, and I'm sitting there looking at it. It didn't say his car was found. But from the general gist of it, I suddenly jumped up and screamed "HELL YEAH!!!!" ahahaha. So happy you found your car man! Even if you lost a few parts, it's better than not getting it back at all! It's so amazing all of the rare parts are still there... including that nice silver grille Very Happy

Anyway, I should be at Jay's bbq this sunday, I want to meet all you other wonderful people Very Happy

Peace,
Kev.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate good news, im very happy for you i dont know wat would happen if mine got stolen so depressing just thinking about it but no matter cos she's back and i think might have a few upgrades no...? Razz lol
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 21:49

would u have 3rd party + fire & theft?? Pretty sure they would cover some of it, but if its just 3rd party...i dont think they will Crying or Very Sad

my 3rd party, fire and theft only coverd my steroe when it was a head unit and 6x9s, once the sub and amp went in, no mroe coverage. they wont cover the aftermarket wheels for me either, value - 800. so basically, the only things people would actually steal from my car arent covered. Confused
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG Jay man im so happy the rare stuff is still intact and in great condition!!!

Do what they say about the insurance, they sound lyk they know from experience Very Happy *i wouldnt have a clue Confused *

Hope it goes all well putting it back together

and if u want the stockies DO NOT CALL MY MOBILE SINCE I LOST IT TODAY Mad but pm me or something and as soon as i get it i will try and call u with a frenz fone.

Cya Sunday if not...
dimsum
Regular

May 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got read this WHOLE thread. And WOW! U people are so nice.
Its good to hear ur car is back. It might just be me but it seems like more AE86's are being stolen..
sketch
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been quietly following this story... not a toyota owner, and only have a few posts on the forums

as everyone else has been saying, its awesome to know that when needed, the forum people band together - i cant think of too many situations where near-strangers would help each other out like this

jay: happy that you got your car back, im hopin you've still got the engine and all, and looking forward to reading about the rebuild

--sketch
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i just want to post a comment as well

Although it was unfortunate that you had your car stolen, i was completely suprised by the actual support offered by members made up largely of online community, and i would like to thank them myself for helping you and helping me have some much needed re-assurance in the broader community, and if there was 1 thing that was a positive outcome of this, you have made some new mates Smile

Goodluck with the future and getting your car back on the road

Craig

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 14:20]

boing
Regular

October 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow there are so many kind souls out there, makes your feel proud. Best of luck with your Sprinter in the future dude..
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like you can get some sleep now... Smile

and may the smell of a thousand camels infest the armpits of the thieves that took your car.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 00:31

looks like you can get some sleep now... Smile

and may the smell of a thousand camels infest the armpits of the thieves that took your car.

Ah hahahahaa.... a thousand camels... I can't even start to imagine how bad that would smell
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope BBQ goes well>>
gr8 to hear bout car once again
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 12 October 2004 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the closeness of the 86 community has enlightened my heart! Very Happy Jay i feel for you! i know the dash mat was BRAND NEW! i will HAPPILY REPLACE IT with a NEW ONE when the time suits you ( pm me whenever u would like it ) think of it as a gift from all the 86 owners and people that buy off me...it is the least i can do..i wish i was in melbourne i would of helped u look for sure, good luck with the future, let me know if there are any other bits u need in the build up thanks

regards david lawson Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 16:33

seriously there are only a few possibilities:

taken for a joyride - quick thrash, taken to nearest safe haven, stripped of easily accessible parts
taken for ruthless joyride - completely thrashing, revved out, until no more fuel (maybe remember how much fuel was in your tank, and then narrow it down to possibly where it could have run out of peddy - i highly doubt they will go fill up due to cameras in servos etc)
taken for a purpose - robbery? show off to mates?! Rolling Eyes

either way, this car will be found, i have no doubts, shit i can even put my money on it!

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone wanna pay me?! Very Happy

I think out of all the cars that are stolen in this manner, 80-90% of the time they end up like Jay's car, stolen, driven not too far, stripped and abandoned.

To me they do NOT sound like amateurs and it is highly likely they do this quite often within the area. They sound like young punks to me, supporting a habit and have an interest in cars.

Insurance won't do jack for you unfortunately mate, 3rd party - they wouldn't even make light of it unless you had fire and theft, even then it's still a matter of if they give a shit/policy.
When we found my car, i made sure i got to it first, called a tow truck and took matters in my own hands, because if cops and insurance had it first hand, it would have been declared a stolen statuary write-off and probably would have had to buy it back from the auction and go through unecessary b/s. (I had it going the next day with dodgy mods to get it to the pipe shop - cut exhaust pipes for cooler and Aus Post roll for an intake Laughing ) But in your case, with no wheels, it's a bit different, but if there is any way you can just get it dusted for prints and say that you need the car for use and get it out of there ASAP then do it.

I agree with Whitchy 100% sometimes it is just not worth full compo, even if you have a $1.5K sprinter or one with $25K into it, what would you get back if it was stolen? But i guess each to their own on piece of mind etc.

Dude, get it back, repair it (we will help you for sure in whatever you need) and put a kick ass alarm on it with kill switch and preventable measures.

Like i said, everything happens for a reason and I'm sure you know why this has and hope you take it positively because you've made some great friends Smile
truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jay
Sounds like an real rollacoaster of a week eh? Glad the car is back.. told ya it would work out. Im just kinda surprised by peeps in this forum who really went out of the way to help guys in trouble. Im pretty sure jay appreciates the effort and time put in. If you ask me.. the process may be painful but making a heap of good pals does ease that pain. Call me if u need my help

kev
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear you got it back, just hope the cops or someone finds the pricks who did and they get whats coming for them. Heard of similar stories with bikes, where a group of people were going around stealing harleys and shit. Eventually one guy saw someone casing his joint one night and got his mates around the next night to wait for them. Lets just say the crims got what they deserved, as they had plebty of bikies waiting for them when they tried to steal the bike.
I cant stand low life fucks that think it is ok to steal something that someone else has poored not only money but their love into.
Once again great to hear you got the car back but its a shame tis been stripped but still better than nothing I guess.
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just read everything and I'm speechless.

Getting any car stolen suck big time, but if my Hatchi got stolen, I wouldn't stop looking for the bastards even if I got the car back. Once I found them I would cut there balls off and shove them down their throats. Mad Can't even imagine how you felt.

The Support from everyone was incredible, I applaud everyone who helped J out.

I'm happy you got your baby back, and probably see you at the big meet in November. Cool

As for the parts they stole I think everyone should keep an eye out in the trading post etc.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, this thread has gotten big. A big congrats to Jay. And I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say you don't owe us anything! I'm sure you would do the same for any of us.

While I hate to say it, I don't think the reaction would have been as strong if Jay didn't have an AE86. Hopefully this has started a trend though of helping people out, so from here on out it wont matter what car you have.

Something worth looking into, solex locks. Can you get them on ignition? Apparently they are real hard to break into. Also imob and car alarm! I don't wanna see this happening to ya again Jay, or anyone else for that matter. I felt your pain.

Looking foward to the BBQ! We should definatly start having regular meets/cruises. I didn't realise there where so many local Toymodders! See you all there.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 13:32

Something worth looking into, solex locks. Can you get them on ignition? Apparently they are real hard to break into. Also imob and car alarm! I don't wanna see this happening to ya again Jay, or anyone else for that matter. I felt your pain.

somebody tried to steal my friends impreza in sydney at east garden shopping mall. reason it wasnt stolen is because somebody called security when they saw the thiefs working on the car. Thiefs managed to find the alarm/immobiliser wire and cut it off. The point is, if u drive a common car, it shouldnt be hard to figure out the alarm sysmtem as my friend spent quite a few bucks on his. this is also the 2nd time somebody broke into his car in the same yr. an ae86 may not be a common car, but its high on the wanted car list.

My suggestion is to get a steering lock for ur ae86. although they can just swap the steering wheel (nicholas cage, gone in 60 seconds) its highly unlikely that they will have a boss kit for old and rare toyotas!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wire up some kill switches too. Very Happy Like 1,000 of the buggers. If you can remember the combination. Smile
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree about the kill switch.....most effective way is to wire it on the negative side of the coil as u can put this anywhere and they will never find it....unlike the positive side where u just run a +wire from the batterey to the coil....and its a lot easier to disquise it

Adam
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 13:32

hmm f*^k Solex locks, the company can go broke for all i care:

http://img65.exs.cx/img65/833/SOLEX.jpg

this is my carnage and how they broke into mine, childsplay.

Immobiliser? pfft, just another low hurdle for them, they got through mine

Alarm? worth doing, but it only takes a skilled thief to work on it, bypass a few wires and short the circuit...easy

Steering lock? haha, they'd be laughing, high octane/oxy burner, take a few seconds

my advice for ae86 owners are (and for any car owner):

Shave your door locks off, welded and smoothed out
Weld the inner door seams
Weld a custom plate around ignition barrel
re-wire the bonnet/boot latch to a secret location
Have a decent alarm
HIDDEN KILL SWITCHES for ignition and fuel

lastly, don't leave anything in your car, avoid having a good sound system and take the deck with you.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh...only buy detachable HU's (that's pretty much all it is now). They're a bit more expensive, but less chance of getting stolen coz they dont know what it is Very Happy

How much would a hidden fuel kill switch cost to install? Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cost you about 45 mins?

open your boot, rip out your trim and have a look at where the fuel level sender is.....it only takes logic to go from there Cool
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres my stupid idea, just fuel the car enough to get from a-b Very Happy not pratical though.

OR

You can always leave ya GERMAN SHEPERD or a ROTTIE in there to guard it. Very Happy Very Happy

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My sis has a 2000 pulsar and some pricks tried to break into it at the station about a year ago they broke off the locks but this did shit all because of her central locking which ment the door was still locked. Club locks do shit all has anyone hear that has seen two Hands will agree with me.
An alarm is a good deterent just dont advertise that you have one, thus when they try and break in thinking it doesn't have an alarm it goes off and they shit themselves and ppl around the area will see them.
Get a top notch alrm with microwave sensors etc thus as soon as they touch the car it goes off.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
air pressure sensors
triple in dash sirens
strobe lights hooked up to alarm lights Evil or Very Mad

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 15:08

air pressure sensors
triple in dash sirens
strobe lights hooked up to alarm lights Evil or Very Mad

Get those knockout DB alarms. The sound actualy renders you unconsious after about 20 seconds. Very Happy Get back to your can and the theif iss lying over your steeringwheel.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get some of the shit they have in south Africa flame throwers, eletricity runnign through door etc, roast the bastards I say. But instaed of having it activated by a switch for hijacking get it wired into the alarm
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i like the sound of this DB alarm...tell me more Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple, just parallel about 10 sirens hidden inside the cabbin, but hook it up only when the ignition is tampered with.

What's the max Db a human ear can handle again?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
110db before damage is done.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my guess would be at around 180 (rocket engine) you'd go deaf

I had an idea of hooking up the stereo to the alarm, but then they'd realise theres an awesome stereo in the car Twisted Evil
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well since we're on the topic of alarms, any recommendations from anyone as there are so many to choose from?

ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey yo!
i vistited the toymods site for the first time yesterday while shoping for an MR2 and came accross this thread, i was only ment to be on for a few minutes and sat for the next 3/4 of an hour reading through this amazing story, i felt ever moment of it... it really is great to see the support from soo many, i wish i could have read it sooner so as to help with the search and be part of it myself. When i get my MR2 i would be really keen to meet up with all of you on a day out or cruise.
Insurance companies are gay! i tell ya!.. there should be a moders catagory Rolling Eyes , surely some of them know what it is like to have a passion for cars! anyho, i'll keep posted, PM me of any gatherings coming up.
laterz people,
-Nick Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 06:29]

Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is great news

and as GUTTERMOUTH WOULD SAY

"nice story " Laughing
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These knockout alarms don't knock you out 'cuz they are loud, it's a frequency thing I think (though they are still pritty loud). They have them for home security. My friend had to break into his house 'cuz he forgot his keys. He could only get in through the back window so had to run full pelt to the front of the house where the alarm is kept and turn it off before he fell unconscious. He told us that if we heard a large thud to call the cops.

When he came out of the house after turning off the alarm, he was woozy and could barely stand up. Had to sit down for about 5 mins to recover. Was so cool! Wink Ever since I have wanted one for my car.
ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it like one of those dog whistle pitches that you cant here Very Happy ... i can just imagine having that flame thrower security on my car, parking in a carpark and have some ricer role past with a loud exhaust, parks next to me and the vibration sets off my alarm totally frying his car, Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
can you get the "James Bond" electrical security?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 07:59]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent News fuji ! luck prevails that they didnt totally ruin your beautiful car !

as soon as you get it back and rolling - get that security happening mate - ANYTHING you can think to slow the fkers down from taking your baby again , get done - dont worry about the cost - peace of mind is priceless

or do what ive done the last 4 nights and remove the ECU - bastard of a car aint gong no where ! * lighthearted humor *

Anything we can do to help you mate - just ask!

Like roman before you , and a few others in vic - we help outr mates out to get back on the road
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 17:21

These knockout alarms don't knock you out 'cuz they are loud, it's a frequency thing I think (though they are still pritty loud).

i could believe this. when i went to the blink 182 concert in 2000 or maybe 2001, whatever, there was so many girls screaming so loud that it actually made me a little bit dizzy for a second.
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to see that u got it back with minimal damage and nice to see ae86s owners all help out
Zerko
Regular

February 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just read through this entire thread and it impresses the hell out of me that a community comes together like this when someone needs help.
I'm glad that you got the important stuff back. I know I would be devastated to lose something that was your heart and soul.

I just went out to the garage to see if I had anything spare to give to you.
I think I have a set of Solex (type) circular locks at work. I don't know if you want these after looking at ae86slayer's post.
I have 3 slave central locking actuators and a controller.
Or I can donate $30 (I thought about $50, but seeing you got most of your car back...)

PM me with what you want and I'll get it to you in the next few days.

This is your address? 3/4 Grant Street, Oakleigh 3166

Jack
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've been thinking about this for a while, car security that it. The traditional means are fairly useless, I mean, immobolisers, locks can all be bypassed, and most pwople ignore sirens anyway. What I was thinking though, install an alarm, but instead (or as well as) sounding an alarm, buy a hell-cheap pre paid mobile phone with a car kit. set it up in your dash or somewhere, then re-wire the phone so the alarm can force it to ring a number. You'll never answer the call, but with caller ID you'll know what it is, so it won't cost anything, except 15 bucks every 3 months so the number doesn't get cancelled.

So, when your alarm goes off, your mobile will ring.

I have seen phones that have a button that you press aqnd it rings your message bank. Program your phone number into the message bank spot, then re-wire the keypad through a relay that switches with the alarm. Then it'll ring you.

I dunno if it'll work 100% but maybe someont could tell me if they see a flaw?

Tim.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zerko: Thank you so much for the kind gesture of generosity.

I do need new locks but i think new locks and new security would give me the best piece of mind.

As for the money, Dmonk86 and urself have offered this kind donation but i cannot accept it.
The fact that the toyota community has supported me thru this is far more than i could ever ask or hope for.

It was my bad luck that this happend, but if you have any steering wheels or wheels lying around i'll be glad to buy em off you.

-Jay
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep a jar of 6 wild african flesh eating spiders in the car, everytime u park your car u unleash them into the interior...
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really glad to see the car is back home Smile

ill be pritty intrested in the alarm group purchase !

Toymods has a great supportive community.. keep it up guys Smile !

Ted
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And what happenes when he goes to get back into the car?

Neks ^-^
Zerko
Regular

February 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have these (see below) wheels.
They are currently on my bro's TA22 (which has been sitting idle under my mum's carport for the last 5 years). We both have new cars so I don't see us using them for umm...ever again.

They are kinda ugly, but if you got rid of the yellow, they would be ok. They are 15". Don't know if the offset is right, but they fit right on a TA22. Tyres are ratshit.

Seeing that you won't take charity, you arrange freight and you can have them. I'm in Sydney. Anyone going down to Melbourne soon??

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7153

edit: try inserting pic...idiot Razz

Attachment: DSC04918.jpg
(Size: 32.72KB, Downloaded 500 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 11:25]

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there's some dish happenin' there!!!

haha.

As for my lil beast, it'll stay locked away for a couple of months and hopefully come out like new for the december drift meet.

Definately gonna african, electrify, dB, alarm, immo her up.
Maybe i'll just camp in the backseat with the old rusty nailed baseball bat as a safety precaution?

Realistically speaking, i need the cops to tell me they're done with it do so i can check the engine bay and boot.
God dammit it's starting to get me curious what they've left behind / taken.
My "type-R' cup holder will be missed. The ambi pur too?
What kind of a thief takes a guys ambi pur?

That's just... takky.

Anyway gonna call up the insurance tomorrow.. the person in charge of my case wasn't there today.

Let's pray i pass my exams with no text books / notes.
I haven't a clue what alarms are good or what not, i have a pretty decent budget (meaning all of my money for a piece of mind when i go to bed next time).

AE86drift suggests brant alarm.
Anything else worth taking a poke at?

Anyone got anyone who can cut a deal with a group buy?

-Jay
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brant is the best available
they go in lambos n shit
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just looked up Brant car alarms http://www.brant.com.au

i reckon the AA02A is pretty good, otherwise the NEMISIS (wonder how much that'd cost) Razz
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Wed, 13 October 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this must be some kind of record with the amount of replys and views of a single thread in such a short period of time Very Happy
86drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got the nemesis in my 180
its a top alarm basically only way itll get stolen is if they know the pin code or they tow the bastard (and you can get an angle sensor fitted so if the car is raised even 2mm it will trigger it and alarm will go off)

also has a piezo siren inside too so if they are in the car they wont be liking it Wink 100 db blaring right at there head-you do the math Very Happy -in youre case i would get a couple 110db sirens and wire them in parrelel and place em throughout the car-that would FK anyone up Wink

they go for about $950 but if you look around you will find a contractor for brant that can save you a few hundred-great piece of mind just dont accidentilly set off the alarm- i couldnt hear properly for a good hour Razz
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good place for a killswitch, under the gearstick boot. Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 03:45]

da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEWS:

the engine is still there!! Surprised

the front lip is scratched and one of the mirrors. Jay will fill us in later on. the car is at with his insurance company but it will no go to auction under any circumstances. Jay made sure of this, so all he needs is some seats, rims, ignition barrel, steering wheel, boss kit, and a few other items and he'll be back in fine form. Jay is one happy man now Very Happy

Cheers

Huy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think this was to be expected.

These thieves were just after the the ricer parts, easily accessible and quick to take out. If they wanted the engine, i don't think you guys would have found the car ever.

drugged fucked sknny ratted fubu wearing westy fuck i tell ya
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So good to here you got your car back with most of the gear especialy the 4AGE. There is a wrecked sprinter down here in frankston with all the seats/mirrors/steering wheel and boss etc and barrel lock all there id be happy to help in anyway to put your baby back together i just sold mine because im off to NZ on the 29th and that hurt i can't imagine what you were like.
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
good idea ra28, i did it with my old 5110... works well! Smile
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F/S GTi Corolla 100kw 4age
Next Topic:For sale ae82 hatchback twincam green
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:11:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091760158538818 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.