Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Iuz transplant

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 14:08

CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 13:21

MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 11:44

JustenGT4 do you mind If i ask what sort of car you have this monstrous motor in?

Errr, how about a GT4 Celica? ST185 I believe

zuh?!

does it have an east west setup?

North South. RWD atm (although I hear that he had ideas/plans that might make it possible to make it 4wd again? Best to ask the man himself! Very Happy).

Cheers
Wilbo
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12 38
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just saw the pics and now have quite a severe mess in my pants, that thing is a freeking animal, kudos to you my friend, kudos...

Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You haven't seen it yet, jeez mate where have you been on this forum Smile

It's in a GrpA GT4 Celica...details of the older setup are in the my ride folder. I should get in there and update things, just never seem to find the time.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 14:37

You haven't seen it yet, jeez mate where have you been on this forum Smile

It's in a GrpA GT4 Celica...details of the older setup are in the my ride folder. I should get in there and update things, just never seem to find the time.

i think you showed this before he joined ze forums
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well like i said i have seen it now and now i want one, would you consider selling it at any stage???
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 14:49

well like i said i have seen it now and now i want one, would you consider selling it at any stage???

have a large cheque book? lol
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 15:14

MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 14:49

have a large cheque book? lol

no but a good credit rating Very Happy
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks MR 1GGTE.

Not likely to sell for quite some time yet...if ever. I want to see it's full potential for starters plus it's just such a fun car. Easy and docile to just tootle around in if that's all you need or a wheel spinning monster with just a stab at the throttle. For the dollars i can't think of anything that would come close for fun and novelty value.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:04

Thanks MR 1GGTE.

Not likely to sell for quite some time yet...if ever. I want to see it's full potential for starters plus it's just such a fun car. Easy and docile to just tootle around in if that's all you need or a wheel spinning monster with just a stab at the throttle. For the dollars i can't think of anything that would come close for fun and novelty value.

what in total have u spent on engine conversion and TTness etc?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Tue, 12 October 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be between me and my bank balance Wink

Not as much as you would think...in fact quite a bit less than you would think possible Smile

We did all the work ourselves with the car only seeing a shop for a little panel work before i started and a tune. I had a lot of the parts laying around which was a big part of the decision to use the GrpA as the donar car. Fantastic help from mate's like Mos as well with bits like wiring which obviously helped. That was a time bonus rather than cost but i'm totally appreciative all the same.

Anyways, not a conversion i would recommend. Clearly a lot trickier than the 3SGTE into a TA22 i did and i don't generally recommmend anyone trys that one either.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Iuz transplant Wed, 13 October 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 07:59

That would be between me and my bank balance Wink

Not as much as you would think...in fact quite a bit less than you would think possible Smile

We did all the work ourselves with the car only seeing a shop for a little panel work before i started and a tune. I had a lot of the parts laying around which was a big part of the decision to use the GrpA as the donar car. Fantastic help from mate's like Mos as well with bits like wiring which obviously helped. That was a time bonus rather than cost but i'm totally appreciative all the same.

Anyways, not a conversion i would recommend. Clearly a lot trickier than the 3SGTE into a TA22 i did and i don't generally recommmend anyone trys that one either.

did you feel like a butcher at all, ripping out the 4wd system?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Wed, 13 October 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha never mind the AWD sysem, how about cutting out half the firewall and a heap of the floor....it was butchery alright.

I do have another mint GrpA though so i didn't feel too bad Wink

Basically the car came so cheap that there was nothing else out there better suited to this proj. As a die hard GT4 fan and owner of 2 of the 150 GrpA's they brought out here i did consider what i was doing. Some would still consider it blasphemy but it's cool blasphemy Smile
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Wed, 13 October 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey justen, just read your posts... thanks for the support... i'll be needing alot of that to get this project done.

Since i bought my donor supra, i've been thinking about scrapping the v8 swap and just go the 2jz tt route... but now i think i'll just do the v8 to show it to the guys that it can be done without having to sell a kidney on the black market.

another bit of trouble i've run into is that Dellow and CRS don't sell a trans adaptor for the v160 because it isn't a toyota trans. Also, the bellhousing is intergrated and does not seperate from the rest of the gearbox..... if i can't make an adaptor up, i guess i'll have to go with my r154.. but then i can sell the v160 for 3 grand and that would be more money to the conversion....

thanks again.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Wed, 13 October 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries R-Jay...it's a good easy swap and should perform well and rates up there on te bang for buck in my book.

The V160 is a great box but it's a shit to fit to anything else as you need to slice and dice the integral bellhousing. The R154 is strong and dependable and at the end of the day is the best compromise for a TTUZ proj.

It'll take big hp and some abuse but like anything you can break it if you try.

My advice would be sell the V160 and go the R154 you already have. More bucks for the proj and less out of your account.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Iuz transplant Wed, 13 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 10:30

Ha never mind the AWD sysem, how about cutting out half the firewall and a heap of the floor....it was butchery alright.

I do have another mint GrpA though so i didn't feel too bad Wink

Basically the car came so cheap that there was nothing else out there better suited to this proj. As a die hard GT4 fan and owner of 2 of the 150 GrpA's they brought out here i did consider what i was doing. Some would still consider it blasphemy but it's cool blasphemy Smile

ahh well.. if u own a few others, its all good Smile
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Wed, 13 October 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen, yeah that's the biggest turn-off atm... i had really hoped to be able to use the v160....

using my r154, i would also have to modify the tailshaft to fit then.... not to mention shifter position.. and then i wont have my beloved 6th gear too Sad

still, i wont say die just yet... my dad's mate owns an engineering workshop and gets me work done at mate's rates... and if he can't do it, then i'll just quit sookin and use the r154..

either way, i'll get to sell a tough gearbox worth a pretty penny each....
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Wed, 13 October 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Justen, guess what? i've found a place that can make a trans adaptor AND modify the flywheel to match the adjusted offset from the output/input shafts.....

So.....6 speed 1uz here we come!!!!!

btw, adaptor will cost $650, and mods to my flywheel will be around the $200 mark...
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Thu, 14 October 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good news then. I'll keep you in mind if i ever want to bite off the work to make a V160 fit mine.
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Thu, 14 October 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think 2jz is cheaper if you only want 400hp. From stock to 400ish HP, as said earler the cost of a bleed valve.
Above that you need to start spending.
A 1uz to get to 400hp would probably need $1000 spent on it..
$20 vs $1000 for 'stage 1'. But it's stages 2,3, (4,5!?) that
the cost will begin to tip in favour of the 1uz. There's no
replacement for displacement and boost (except for more boost, but then the 1uz can ran more boost too!)
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Thu, 14 October 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemi twofifteen turbo wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 15:03

how much? Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Thu, 14 October 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 13:28

hemi twofifteen turbo wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 15:03

how much? Rolling Eyes

More like $10k

EDIT: But thats in NA form

To do it in turbo form, if you do most of the work, it would be more like $3k

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 07:35]

R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: Iuz transplant Fri, 15 October 2004 00:55 Go to previous message
And after those initial 3k... the power just keeps packing on with minial costs/mods..

like was said... if you look at it in "stages"...

stage 1: the 2jz would definately be ahead here for bang vs buck.
stage 2: 1uz would be catching up very fast
stage 3: 1uz would even if not, beat the 2j

and anything beyond that, the 1uz would definately be in front.

in the end, i dont think many would argue about the 1uz having more overall potential to make power.

initial costs for a conversion and a turbo setup are the only drawbacks because by then, a 2jz would be way in front.... but after that, it wouldnt be hard to real them in Smile
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE exhaust
Next Topic:CT12's.......?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 14:22:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094358921051025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.