Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » need your help rod 262 cam specs??????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
need your help rod 262 cam specs?????? Tue, 12 October 2004 10:25 Go to next message
hay guys how you all going? I'm new to this forum but i want to no the cam specs for the 2tgue heads. that is the 260 the 261 and the 262. i cant seem to find them anywhere. we have everyone of the geu heads but i plan to put the 262 in a car but i no i cant do anything to the motor. so what i wanted to do was use the bottom end of the 262 and fit the 3tc crank with fly cut pistons and use a 260 or 261 head with the 262 cams? does any one no if i can use the 262 cams? or if it is worth me doing this. but there is only some people on this forum that i trust with there info. others are just full of crap Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: need your help rod 262 cam specs?????? Tue, 12 October 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i recall, stock cams for my engine 260 are 256 degrees
i would be VERY suprised if the 262 had a larger cam duration

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 10:46]

goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: need your help rod 262 cam specs?????? Wed, 13 October 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok can any one elce tell me if there is any difference bettwen the cams in the 260 and the 262............... please help im about do do this and i dont want to fuk up the motor by hitting valves
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: need your help rod 262 cam specs?????? Thu, 14 October 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goonman,

Only just saw your post sorry champ. I haven't got around to measureing all the 2TG cams yet BUT, the 262 was the poorest performing 2TG ever released and the most Polution control affected.

I'd use the 260 or 261 cams myself. Or just get a mild regrind since your rebuilding the engine anyway !

If you get the 3T pistons flycut to suit and the cam timing right this will all work nicely. Just don't forget you will need to have all your tappets reset if you change the cams.

If you have a complete 261 head and cams with there original shims still in location just use that !
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: need your help rod 262 cam specs?????? Fri, 15 October 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks rod Very Happy yes we have all the geu heads here. but is anything different from the 260 and 261 head? coz i have them both complete Very Happy ummmm we have been stocking up. well atm we have the 262 in my brothers ke 35 and i don't think it goes 2 bad at all. all we have done is used a light fly wheel i think it was about 5.5 kg and a wolf 2d computer and thats it. but we are building a 2tg/3tg turbo motor useing the 3tgte bottom end with the 2tg head and cams with the stock turbo and still useing the wolf ecu. so i hope that all goes to plan. plus after we bild it we may have some 3tgte part up for sale. such as the 3tg head and cams some cranks stock 2tg pistons and we found some 9.8 2tg pistons in good order. so i get the 2tgue 262 for my ke 30 but i want to bild it up.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: need your help rod 262 cam specs?????? Fri, 15 October 2004 14:45 Go to previous message
Goonman,

Use the 261 head. It is supposed to have a slightly stronger webbing design not that I have bothered to check. But being the later of the two it was obviously revised for some reason.

From looking over them your 9.8:1 pistons won't work with the 262 head. Only 262 pistons will due to the combustion chamber being offset in design. Any other piston will most likely colide with the head casting. A trial assembly will let you know for sure but I am faily confident Sad

Good luck with it
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CA18DE into a sprinter *approx cost?*
Next Topic:line lockers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 07:29:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048880577087402 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.