Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn how did u come out with the phone idea?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The damage can really been seen after we were allowed to open the doors.

Right not i haven't a clue on the payout from the insurance yet (like they ever do anything on time) but all in all i was relieved to find out the engine is still sitting there.

I'll begin the rebuild as soon as it leaves the AAMI premises.
I've manage to get some of the parts and pieces, and luckiy i myself have a spare battery lying in the house.

She should be back in a month or two i would think.
Thanks all, your support has gone a long way in this.

-Jay

Attachment: ignition barrel.jpg
(Size: 27.82KB, Downloaded 205 time(s))
Attachment: interior 1.jpg
(Size: 32.28KB, Downloaded 195 time(s))
Attachment: interior_control panel.jpg
(Size: 30.24KB, Downloaded 179 time(s))

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go d1 spec man!

remove the interior all together
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha!

And arc weld her seams while i'm at it.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glad you got your abay back in one peice sorta.
just bring it back better and stronger so the cunts that stole it and see that they havent turned you off owning a decent car. just make sure the car has alarms immobilisers. rootis etc etc.
post up what parts exactly were stolen when you get the chance so that we can keep a look out over the coming months. although making the list may be the last thing you would want to do.
these parts are bound to turn up eventually unless they are sold to the thiefs friends.
sure as hell know where im goin to post if my car ever gets knocked off
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, I've just stayed up a lot longer than I planned reading all the responses, it's an amazing story and I'm glad the ending hasn't worked out too badly...

I'll do what I can and offer you a Levin Badged steering wheel(I dont know what car it was from or if it would fit) I picked up a while ago, it's in OK nick a few scratches here and there but it's cleaned up OK.

It's yours for free if you want it.

http://alchemist.bshop247.com/cars/wheelfront.jpg
http://alchemist.bshop247.com/cars/wheelback.jpg
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone fill out a form for the brant group buy. They do installs on special rates and discounts for more than 2 cars e.t.c

Or should we get a show of hands first?
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Thu, 14 October 2004 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys i've done it. Waiting for a reply Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrmmph.. I just had a vision in my head. Imagine if we had a brant alarm group buy. And all of us went cruising together and parked in a massive carpark. Some stupid kid kicks a ball and lands on my car. Sets the alarm off. If all the other cars are sensitive too, can you just imagine the noise?

heh, maybe its just me talkin shit coz I'm half awake.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't think it's advisable to arrange a group buy of an alarm, not in a public forum anyway.

it only takes one installer to be dodgy, or is that in Sydney only? Rolling Eyes
ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its annoying enough having one alarm go off let alone a convoy of cars going off!, but i think that's the real problem though, no one takes alarms seriously anymore, if i hear an alarm now, most of the time i dont even turn to see whose is going off.
i guess they just act as a deterant to the intruder, so it puts them on edge or something. The only car i can think of that the alarm acctually alarm's somebody was in my dad's holden statesman, where there was a phone in the rear view mirror, we came back to his car one day and the alarm had been set off, we herd this ringing and we all looked around to see who's phone it was but then like a light was flashing on his rear view mirror, it was Holden assist and they checked my dad's id number and stuff like that too make sure that the owner was in the car and not an intruder, cool stuff
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 10:14

Hrmmph.. I just had a vision in my head. Imagine if we had a brant alarm group buy. And all of us went cruising together and parked in a massive carpark. Some stupid kid kicks a ball and lands on my car. Sets the alarm off. If all the other cars are sensitive too, can you just imagine the noise?

and every single person in 1km radius would just be unconcious!!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu,

I am so happy for you that AAMI has your car and that it wasn't burnt. In my area there has been thieves knocking off stuff off peoples cars, but I got off lightly as they couldn't take the SA63 anywhere (as it's hard to start and has a loud exhaust anyway) but they took the amp, sub & 2x speco guages Mad
Across the road a mate's competition mountain bike got stolen. Also harming innocent pets (sufficating birds) trying to get to the item is a no no...

I am soo afraid of my MA61 that I stripped it back to stock and removed all the fancy stuff in it like Amps & Subs just to name a few and turned up the Alarm sensitivity all the way up. It's people that are desperate for money steals peoples pride and joy, destroying the car just so they can be either prove a point trying to keep up in technology or trying to get another "hit".

Again. I am happy for you Fujiwara_ToFu, I hope to see you on the next cruise.

Cheers.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 18:01

Yian wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 10:14

and every single person in 1km radius would just be unconcious!!

LOL.. we'd all be on TV then Surprised tens late news showing a bunch of toyota owners all knocked out in the carpark. They'd probably think we all OD'ed on some new illicit drug too.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man I have 2 really nice MOMO(i think)racing seats,in grey leather,hand pump back rest and all, that you can have...If ur fussy get them re-trimmed as the leather is pretty worn not ripped but cracked,they also need railsand side adjustment nobbies..i got them for my Ta22 but they wont fit as they are too wide in the shoulder area,,it would definately be cheaper to get stokkas but if your willing to put say $400 into them youd have the smikkest seats going..give me a PM if interested...ill be back in Syd in 2 weeks and I can sort some photos for you then...good luck with the rebuild!!

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 10:37]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Fri, 15 October 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be interested in this brant car alarm sometime in november, but i wont pay over say ... $700-800ish for it. Coz its still an alarm, although if it'll make them go deaf ill pay more Very Happy
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Sat, 16 October 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck man, So sorry it happened.
keep us all updated with pics of the makeover Smile

Sway
TA22
Regular

June 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 19 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear u got the car back dude

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 02:35]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 19 October 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmmm it has been found.
TA22
Regular

June 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 19 October 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know now...
stupid windows didnt load the whole page..

well... erm il keep a look out for the stolen stuff then
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 19 October 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey gang,

The hard part is over.
The rebuild begins, i prefer to move on... sh!t does happen but it's much worse if i let it comsume me and i go looking for the dude that took my lil beast from me.

I've decided to start a new thread in 'members rides' to keep everyone updated on what's happening with the process of me car.

Thanks all,

-Jay
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 19 October 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good onya mate Very Happy

i know i will be following the progress Smile
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: WANTED: My beloved 86 STOLEN Tue, 19 October 2004 12:14 Go to previous message
CONGRATS ON GETTING YOUR CAR BACK BRO!!!!
LET'S SEE SOMEONE ELSE TRY AND STEAL A SPRINTER!

hemi twofifteen turbo wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 19:18

If you claim insurance, the car is only theirs if it is a write
off, (cost of repairs exceed cost of car) in the case it is, you have first preference to keep the car. Insurance companies often don't know the value of cars, (ie they guy see's on paper, market value $2500.. he will never see your car. He will then deduce that the damage to the vehicle exceeds $2500, and the car will then be evaluated by a wrecker, (usually to the value of $100, and then you can choose to keep the car for a deduction of that value. Soo you get to keep the car, and have money for mods..

Or option 2 is to goto a few places and get quotes to bring the car upto it's former glory (incuding fitting costs) then if it's around $2k, demand insurenace 'fixes' your car.

I've being thru 2 insurance nitemares and come out of top,
and in a way know how thier systems work.

So you're saying if damage > car cost then they send it to a rwecker to get destroyed and then what happens?
I'm really confused.
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F/S GTi Corolla 100kw 4age
Next Topic:For sale ae82 hatchback twincam green
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:12:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060310363769531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.