Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SecaBoy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 12 October 2004 01:30 Go to next message
hey

a friend of a friend bought this kit for his AE86, but before it arrived from japan, he wrote off his car... Sad

so he is trying to get the cost of this kit back so he can buy a new car...

it looks like this:
http://www.raceonusa.com/ProductImages/corolla_84/corolla_84_raceon_frp_sides_vortex_01.jpg
http://www.raceonusa.com/ProductImages/corolla_84/corolla_84_raceon_frp_rear_vortex_01.jpg

he is after about $2300..

its located in brisbane...

any more details or offers should be directed to this email: bflanagan@qispl.com.au
or post here and ill give him your details... Wink

cya
ash
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 12 October 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be willing to buy this, but for about $1k less than that. Lemme know when he drops the price.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 12 October 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a trueno body kit?
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 12 October 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy that kit for $600 u.s + post on ebay U.S.A
Waddles
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 12 October 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$600 plus post on ebay that would be the way to go.
sick mate. but vortex kit looks pretty damn nice.
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 12 October 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a VERTEX aero kit.
SecaBoy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 12 October 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skein wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 20:56

It's a VERTEX aero kit.

i did a search on the net and its listed under VORTEX in a few different places... and ive asked my friend and he said that its VORTEX, hence the listing name...

also, if you arent interested in the product, why comment on things like "you can get it for a better price here"... seems a little rude to me...

any truely interested parties can either contact me or contact the guy at the email i put in the first post...

thanks
ashley
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i posted that price because i dont wont dudes getting ripped off Cool
ebay item 7926250390
chad
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's rite

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=7926250390

check it out same thing for $600.00

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 01:46]

SecaBoy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow... u guys are cool!!
i wish to be like u guys when i grow up... Rolling Eyes

uve made ur point once in my thread that im trying to sell a kit for a friend...

sure, u can buy it off ebay... but you dont know what ur buying and what condition its in... this kit is in brisbane in perfect condition and is available for anyone to have a look at..

the buyer who wants a kit can go either way... but there is no need for you guys to keep on posting in this thread... i really dont give a shit... Rolling Eyes
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck Twisted Evil
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Razz
SecaBoy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if anyone is truely interested, the price is negotiable... send an email to email address in the first post...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm it's Vertex.

If it is indeed Vortex, then one might question the authenticity?

But for that price, i'd gather it to be a Vertex, made from Urethene

Give Ken Streeter a call and he'd no doubt be interested in picking it up
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 13 October 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
defently vertex

http://www.t-and-e.co.jp/img/detail_images/vertex/trueno/image.jpg

if its real, then yes it would be worth more than streeter's copy, if its trueno, then yes it should be more than streeters copy for a levin

if its been shipped from japan from T&E then Yes... it would be worth around that much
acclude
Regular

May 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 14 October 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im intrested in the kit can i get a contact number to arrange to come and have a look at the kit
SecaBoy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 14 October 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate..

just send the guy an email at this address: bflanagan@qispl.com.au
and get his fone number as i dont have it on me... sorry..

ashley
D1-SPEC
Regular

May 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 14 October 2004 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice kit man id say if its a genuine vertex kit it would be worth that much. but vortex wtf?
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 14 October 2004 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry for being out of topic
but is there any chance that your friend has any SPARKO or REKARO seats for sale?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 14 October 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 03:21

sorry for being out of topic
but is there any chance that your friend has any SPARKO or REKARO seats for sale?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing - best call i have heard all day......i heard a similar on once with "nardy" Laughing

i believe that u have this kit dude and it looks nice, its authenticity is somewhat dubious...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Fri, 15 October 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 13:49

defently vertex

http://www.t-and-e.co.jp/img/detail_images/vertex/trueno/image.jpg

if its real, then yes it would be worth more than streeter's copy, if its trueno, then yes it should be more than streeters copy for a levin

if its been shipped from japan from T&E then Yes... it would be worth around that much

ShiRi - that is a Running Free Type II Trueno kit, NOT vertex.

Streeter's kit is neither Vertex/Running free, it is custom with similar lines, so one can't estimate the value between them.

My best guess is that this 'Vortex' is an imitation of the Vertex kit, made in USA or the like. That explains the price and origin of sale on Ebay. Worth it in my opinion, but $600 sounds like a starting price.
c-red
Regular

July 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Fri, 15 October 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone knows how expensive real J glass is. Particularly 86 stuff for some reason. I'd say the kit in question is a "genuine" Vortex sourced out of the states... Laughing
Jash
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Fri, 15 October 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vertex, running free and t&e are all essentially... the same company
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Fri, 15 October 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about VORTEX, SPARKO and REKARO? are they the same company as well?

i got a MOHMOH steering wheels for sale...anyone wants some?
SecaBoy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 21 October 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to clear things up, this kit was never advertised on ebay.

also, its been sold, so all of yas can shut up now... Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 02:33]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 26 October 2004 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shame on you ae86 bandits
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 27 October 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since the item is already sold, I guess it's ok to comment, I reckon us members didn't do any wrong by pointing out it's available for only US$599 as it's most obviously is the same kit as the picture from the original ad is exactly the same pic as the ebay auction! So why betray our emotion to say that the seller is trying to recoup the original money? Razz But some forum completely bans hijacking, but this forum doesn't mention what type of hijacking is allowed, but I'm sure no ones wants to pay $2300 and finds out it's only worth < $1200, that $1k is hard earned cash! Razz
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 27 October 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I AGREE RIPOFF Smile
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 28 October 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if this kit is the real deal the it would be worth the money, and if its not then well.... Twisted Evil

but we dont know that so don't give this guy a hard time until there is proof that this thing is worth wat ever
anyways 599usd is like wat, 1000aud + shipping Confused
DARK86
Regular

June 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Fri, 05 November 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WUT? HUTCHIS??? IS THAT A BRAND OF A CAR?!?
DRiiFT_King
Regular

November 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 10 November 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know were i can get a body kit that will fit a levin in victoria, how much would a team jetspeed copy cost?
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 10 November 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRiiFT_King wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 17:09

does anyone know were i can get a body kit that will fit a levin in victoria, how much would a team jetspeed copy cost?

sorry but the team jetspeed copies only fit levins in NSW.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 10 November 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt know jetspeed had 86 kits?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 10 November 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they copiy copies Rolling Eyes for ae86 n e way...they are nice people and do good work, ask jack... Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 12:22]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Wed, 10 November 2004 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nuthin bout ae86 on their shitty website!
DRiiFT_King
Regular

November 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Thu, 11 November 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you joking, your post doesnt make such sense. theres a jetspeed in vic. jet speed can copy any kit for a price, aslong as they can get one from somewere else all i wanted to know is how much, does any one else have any ideas?
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Sat, 13 November 2004 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Jetspeed as far as i know, have nothing to do with ae86 kits.. and if u take them a kit to copy its gunna cost you a shitload...
Mould + actual peices they make for you = $$$$$$$$$

If you are going to take them a kit to copy.. why not just fit that specific kit to your car in teh first place?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 11:03]

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Mon, 15 November 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um if u guys are after kits search for "jblood" there is a guy in perth who makes copies and they look ridgy didge Smile (good) he has a web site and stuff, his name is Wei

Adam
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Mon, 15 November 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 12:29

um if u guys are after kits search for "jblood" there is a guy in perth who makes copies and they look ridgy didge Smile (good) he has a web site and stuff, his name is Wei

Adam

Wei doesn't make them. Ken Streeter up in Brisbane manufactures these kits and distributes them to Wei.

Ken is a top bloke and he'd be able to knock you up anything provided you have adequate info on what you want.

AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: Vortex bodykit for AE86 Tue, 16 November 2004 01:57 Go to previous message
Hi Guys,

i Dont want to hijack nobodys post, just wanted to clarify, Ken does makes the Jblood kits for me and they are good quality kits at and well priced. I sell the Jblood kits so if you have any queries or place any order, you will need to contact me as Ken will just forward you onto me for these kits. Ken does not do any sales on the jblood kits as I contracted him to mould and manufacture them for me.

I am starting to also distribute some of Kens products down here in Perth as well.

Thanks

Wei

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:echo front grill (RS version)
Next Topic:1 sparco race seat
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 19:35:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011377096176147 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.