Toymods » General Car Talk » Fender mirrors - So that's why they're illegal

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Fender mirrors - So that's why they're illegal Fri, 15 October 2004 07:30 Go to next message
Hi,

I put the JDM fender mirrors on the old girl today.

No freaking wonder they're illegal in Oz. They're shit. Non adjustable, convex glass!!! I'm glad I've still left the door mirror on the car until I get used to these bloody things. At least they're on spring mounts so they won't break off when I bowl over the odd pedastrian or too.

I can already see a cop pulling me over and telling that they're not legal - mainly 'cos of the damage they do to pedastrians. So, if that's the case I'll have to take them off and put on a person-friendly masif metal bullbar like on the Landcruisers - cos they don't do as much damage to the human body - unlike my plastic, spring-mounted fender mirrors!

Although it's nice to see the car looking more and more like it was built in Japan, I think the mirrors sorta detract from the clean lines of the car. I can't say I'm totally ecstatic with them, but I think I'll get used to them.

Also, they look a little plasticy to me. Well, they are indeed plastic, but they're a greyish colour. They are identical in shape and colour to the ones in the old Japanese RA25 brochure, but I wonder if they should be painted the same colour as the car. I think they'd look better if they were.

Anyway, I'll leave them on for a bit. I'll bring her to the meeting on Monday and see what the rest of you think.

seeyuzz
river
  Send a private message to this user    
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Fender mirrors - So that's why they're illegal Fri, 15 October 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
surely you can get away with it in terms of law cause thats the mirrors that car deserves! its original isnt it?
colour codeing them....naaaah!
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Fender mirrors - So that's why they're illegal Fri, 15 October 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont reckon it would look too flash if you colour coded them mate

they look great in the original grey
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Fender mirrors - So that's why they're illegal Fri, 15 October 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

You bet it's original. My task is to get this car looking like it just came out of a showroom in Tokyo, circa 1973.

I saw a pic of the SV1 (prototype liftback) and it had similar mirrors but they were painted in the same colour as the car. Looked nice. Still, if the mirrors are silvery-grey, then mine shall remain that colour too.

My restoration is nearing completion. Gimme a coupla months and she'll be all done. Then I'll be too scared to drive the old girl. Smile

seeyuzz
river
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Fender mirrors - So that's why they're illegal Sat, 16 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous message
If they were fitted to the car originally then they are legal. Espesh for the age of the car. Just show the cops the brochure and that shuts them up. It did for me
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:yellow ra23, trd23 plates, whos is it????
Next Topic:77 mx36 cressida wagon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 15:35:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058841705322266 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.