Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
genkin
Regular

January 2004
* SA Local Rants n stuff * Thu, 14 October 2004 02:16 Go to next message
Smile

somebody help me with my car!
I need help wiring in the neons and wolf whistle(s).
Anybody in SA got a BIG mallet? i need to hammer my guards so I can fit the 20" chromies in.
Ill supply fruit boxes for anybody that wants to help.

I think it might be best if someone local helps me. I cant be bothered paying for flights for someone interstate to help. so yer... wanna help me bling my 86? let me know!

why not post your own South Australian related posts here too...

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 03:40]

Send a private message to this user    
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Thu, 14 October 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi..i'm from Orange County...yup..i can help u out
oh wait...you are in SA? i thought you are in sydney!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Thu, 14 October 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm, i wonder how long till this gets locked

tho, there's a "st162 dedicated thread" floatin around, and you don't wanna discriminate between south australians and st162's

tho i have a real question, can someone re-post details of where to get twin carbs tuned in SA, i think people came to the conclusion that some place in kent town was the best?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Thu, 14 October 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very funny guys.

this sort of attitude will get you a long way in life - good luck with that. Smile

We have said it before, and now i'll say it again. If you dont like the way the forums are run, and if you choose not to respect the decisions and actions of the moderators, then choose not to use our forums which we provide to you free of charge.

Peewee - just post your question in the general section as "SA - where to get my carbies tuned?". The outhouse is not the place for such questions.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 02:36]

genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Thu, 14 October 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw threads like... RA2X dedicated thread... ST162 Dedicated Thread... and so on. They seem to be thriving without mod intervention.
I thought this would be okay??? obvoiusly not Sad
PS WITZL... maybe i can persuade u with a ice cold fruit box???
Dark grape? or maybe Orange Mango? I'd reccomend Grape Wink
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Thu, 14 October 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes those threads do flourish. I guess you have to ask yourself why it is that they flourish, I'd suggest it's because they are in the correct section of the forum.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Thu, 14 October 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And everyone from every state contributes.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Fri, 15 October 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh its fun looking through 5+ pages of posts for some information about a local place that might be able to help. Perhaps we should start bumping our threads everyday so that they just might get noticed amongst the hundreds of other threads in the various forums.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: * SA Dedicated Thread * Fri, 15 October 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what.... i thought this was a victorian thread?.... my bad! Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, it would be funny if it didn't make you guys look silly in the process. The turnover of the General Section even on a good day isn't like on other forums. Also, up in the top right there is this magical little link called search.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes... i'm going to do a daily search for "SA" just incase someone has asked where they can get a good service and it's dropped off the bottom of the page...........

would you be talking the same if the perth section had also been wiped out?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, I'd be pissed if the Perth section went, but all I was using it for was Cruise and Event topics. Anything else I chuck in the General or Tech sections.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds exactly like me and majority of people who have been punished - that is the point

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 12:13]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get the point, but if you could convince the select few who are causing the problems to stop being twits and just follow the damn rules like you and the rest of the states manage to, then it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Pissing and moaning and starting stupid threads only causes tension which isn't going to change the fact the board feels (and its their right to do so) that changing them is not in the best interests of the club.

As Rob, Witzl and Josh have said, they didn't want to do it this way, but warning them hasn't worked and I'd say that the months on end of disregarding the rules had to be stopped somehow.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.weaintcool.com/pictures/articles/other/argue.jpg

maybe i'll just post this up and be the end of my input

ps. no offence intended to any particular people, just a general consensus of how this "debate" is going
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, you read the other thread too Rolling Eyes

I'm not arguing, I'm agreeing with you, its just you'd have to agree that causing shit for everyone (like this thread) only inflames the situation that isn't going to change.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didn't start this thread, nor did i condone it's obviously stupid reason for being started

my final comment on the subject is that as i type, 5 of the first 6 topics in the queensland section are in the wrong place.......
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Fri, 15 October 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 22:13

sounds exactly like me and majority of people who have been punished - that is the point

Ok this whole "Punished" thing is really starting to shit me personally. I have not spent hours and hours and hours of my personal time to help make this club be all it can be, just to be told the board has been unjustly punishing people. I am also sick of this whole posts shouldn't have been moved in the first place crap. Especially when it comes from a small number of people who in all fairness probably have No fucking idea about what the club really gets up to or what its all about. Anyone who actually comes to our Club meets and events will know these forums don't give any insight at all as to what being a Toymods member is all about. The peolpe that make the effort to join and attend are a really great group of people and its the value i see in these people that makes the efforts of being on the board worthwhile.

Its about time the moaning minority woke up to a few things. Unless you are a FINACIAL member of the Toymods Car club then you are here on these forums on the good graces of its members. Posting here is a privelidge, not a right. We have rules and guidlines, when they are adhered to this is a pretty friendly place. When they are not we are forced to take action.

The other area's of this forum seem to have a firm grasp of this concept, they follow the guidelines more often than not and assist with the smooth running of the forums by educating newbies and self moderating among themselves. Thats what being part of he wider Toymods community is about.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sat, 16 October 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woah up u lot, now, more about these fruit boxes...
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sat, 16 October 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sleeker! if u wanna help out, i will share a box of fruit boxes with you. know any friends who can help? we can have a fruit box party! (dont bring too many ppl tho, dont have unlimate fruit boxes)
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sat, 16 October 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what an absolute CROCK of shit

Quote:

We have said it before, and now i'll say it again. If you dont like the way the forums are run, and if you choose not to respect the decisions and actions of the moderators, then choose not to use our forums which we provide to you free of charge.

riiight, what about all the people that have donated towards toymods, dont they get a say?

as forums go over the years things change, changes in rules and so forth need to be made to adapt to the changes.

Now its a FACT that the general discussion section is for all people to discuss car related issues, however there is OFTEN the need for a state related thread, such as Who in SA is good to get an exhaust made up, where can i get a tune, who can help me on the weekend to pull the motor out. these are just some examples. Now in the relevant state sections they were fine, not taking up the gen discussion thread, and the State members would look in their section and acctually read the posts and reply

thats was until some COCKED UP mods who decided to do it THEIR way instead of first making the plan public and asking the members for their thoughts.

the new way clutters up the Gen discussion area, threads are not seen by peopl,e as it is often bumped to the eleventy billionth page by the time they hop online.

The Wiltz; there a stack of people who disagree with the way things are being done, if everysingle one of them took your advice and left, well there would be no toymods except for you and your homosexual buddies
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sat, 16 October 2004 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 00:03

what an absolute CROCK of shit

Quote:

riiight, what about all the people that have donated towards toymods, dont they get a say?

as forums go over the years things change, changes in rules and so forth need to be made to adapt to the changes.

Now its a FACT that the general discussion section is for all people to discuss car related issues, however there is OFTEN the need for a state related thread, such as Who in SA is good to get an exhaust made up, where can i get a tune, who can help me on the weekend to pull the motor out. these are just some examples. Now in the relevant state sections they were fine, not taking up the gen discussion thread, and the State members would look in their section and acctually read the posts and reply

thats was until some COCKED UP mods who decided to do it THEIR way instead of first making the plan public and asking the members for their thoughts.

the new way clutters up the Gen discussion area, threads are not seen by peopl,e as it is often bumped to the eleventy billionth page by the time they hop online.

The Wiltz; there a stack of people who disagree with the way things are being done, if everysingle one of them took your advice and left, well there would be no toymods except for you and your homosexual buddies

Couldnt agree more..
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sat, 16 October 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so simon... does this mean u can help with my neons n shit?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sun, 17 October 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 00:33

Since there are soooo mony people who don't like it I guess you will have no trouble creating and financing your own forums. See ya ! Twisted Evil

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sun, 17 October 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im gonna miss you simon Sad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sun, 17 October 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serioulsy guys, get the fuck over it Evil or Very Mad

All you do is start up threads and have a go at mods & the board again, if you dont like it, FUCK OFF. If you wanna post something for your state do "SA......." and stay on the topic

Not that fukin hard
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sun, 17 October 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Dimmy, i'm glad you understand what we are trying to achieve.

Simon - thanks for your comments, and well done on abusing the moderators of this forum. Seeyoubye.

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sun, 17 October 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon: glad im not the only one voicing the same opinion. Sadly the mods (i'll call them that cos i got a "final warning" for calling them nazi's, even though they hid behind it) etc dont wanna listen.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sun, 17 October 2004 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, for the amount of times I've seen you flame the mods and the forum itself, I think it's very very generous of the mods to let you continue here.
I'd really hate to loose a fellow 2 owner on the forum, but seriously, the decision has been made by the board and no matter how many non-toymod members disagree, it aint going to change. And if people keep up the arguement, I think the wider community stands to be divided. Get over it guys and help build a better community!
I for one have hardly ever seen some of the guys that are now posting in the general section! Which I think is a heap better than before, hiding out in an SA section.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Sun, 17 October 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
**continuing on from davedave**

and that is exactly what we wanted when we made the decision about a year ago to make the interstate sections specifically cruises and events.

Clown - listen to davedave here, you are walking a VERY fine edge with your comments and i shouldnt have to tell you that you are already on your final warning.

I really am disappointed that so many of you have taken on a personal vendetta against the people who have provided these forums to you for so many years, and who have willingly attacked the Toymods Car Club board for our decision and subsequent actions.

To be honest, i am 110% over this whinging, and so is the rest of the board.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Mon, 18 October 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave: If we were finanacial members would our views be heard any more? probably not.

THE WITZL: Im not trying to be a smartass here or anything, but has everyone else that has the same view/spoken out as much as me been given a warning?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Mon, 18 October 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would say yes, but I think you would have to travel a fair way for your views to be heard though.
I still haven't gone to a meeting myself yet (only been a member for a few month and meetings are on my soccer night). Once the season is over I'll be making more of an effort!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Tue, 19 October 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 19:56

davedave: If we were finanacial members would our views be heard any more? probably not.

THE WITZL: Im not trying to be a smartass here or anything, but has everyone else that has the same view/spoken out as much as me been given a warning?

The views of the financial members were checked last night at the general meeting and not a single person expressed any form of disagreement or concern about the decision.

People are not warned for speaking out about a decision. I have explained that to you in PM's. What you were warned for is constant disrespect/abuse of the moderators. If you are mature enough to make your argument in a reasonable way then you would not be warned about not respecting the moderators.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Tue, 19 October 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys, but I would appreciate it if we got back the the meaning of this thread... Please read the topic before posting...

Anyway, those fruit boxes are still on offer for anyone who can help me.

Cheers
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Wed, 20 October 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can help, i don't have a big malet but i do have a big sledgehammer maybe we could use that instead Razz
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: * SA Local Rants n stuff * Thu, 21 October 2004 04:22 Go to previous message
Cheers for the offer Goose.
although upon careful re-assesment of the situation i have come to the conclusion that a mallet or sledgehammer will not be adequite.

i am currently looking into prices to rent a crane with a 4tonne demolition ball. Ill let u know how i go with this.

PS: no more fruit boxes on offer Sad
last night i got into a bit of a physical 'arguement' over the 'ownership' of this crate of fruit boxes.
it seems i have been summoned to court to decide the correct owner.
(damn, i knew it was too good to be true when a crate of fruit boxes landed on my doorstep Sad )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HSC!
Next Topic:I want to use the outhouse
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 02:47:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078010559082031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.