Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 01:58 Go to next message
ah.. I feel better now.

the last time I saw that kind of price was in Switzerland

this is so dumb
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez where was that?

i saw 1.12 last night and waited a bit till later in the night and came down to 1.09

it is very ridiculous though Rolling Eyes
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mobil Epping just now

I didn't fill up because of the stupido price
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is getting pretty pricey, sometimes makes you think for a bit when you give the car a boot full.

For premium the most I have paid was $1.30 in Bathurst or some other such country town whilst on a trip.

It is regularly into the $1.20's here in Canberra. I am just glad I ride to work Very Happy

I went to Switzerland a few years back and was shocked at the price of petrol too (and everything else there for that matter).

Soon though our prices will creep higher and higher and we just have to live with it.

I might go start working on that solar powered car conversion........
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ethanol!
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy shiet!! $1.23?? where was this at?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 12:27

holy shiet!! $1.23?? where was this at?

read the 3rd post Razz

Quote:

I didn't fill up because of the stupido price

so why did you pay for petrol if you didnt fill up? Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I needed SOME

but I was not going to fill up at "stupido" price Smile lol
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or is it, you bought $1.23 worth of petrol Laughing
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl hahah

yes it is kind of ambiguous isn't it..

I didn't read it that way when i typed it

Laughing

hahaha that is funny

"I am annoyed cause I just spend $1.23 on petrol!" lol

I must be reeeeely tight
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just paid $1.19 at BPwest Tce for regular unleaded, damn hilux drinks like a freekin fish Sad

My car comes back tonight and i am hating having to use teh premium Sad
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I pay that or more cause I buy top premium cause my 4ac is about to die..

John Howards highest selling poitn was he got the country out of some of the debt...
*lookin at petrol prices* gee I wonder how he did it.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 13:27

Well I pay that or more cause I buy top premium cause my 4ac is about to die..

John Howards highest selling poitn was he got the country out of some of the debt...
*lookin at petrol prices* gee I wonder how he did it.

bahahhaa you gotta love uneducated statements

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasnt really John Howards fault, i mean he would love to see lower fuel prices...Below is a image taken on the day of the election.

Johnny howard is in front of mark latham as you can see...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Sprints/driftbattle.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 03:37]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 13:07

Wasnt really John Howards fault, i mean he would love to see lower fuel prices...Below is a image taken on the day of the election.

Johnny howard is in front of mark latham as you can see...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Sprints/driftbattle.jpg

That gets funnier and funnier every time I see it!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate the oil companies with a vengance at the moment.
Cause the price of petrol goes up they decide to increase the price of gas as well.This means the fuel bill for the car has gone up by $50+ a week.
Pricks.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and it's not like the price goes back down...really goes back down once the price of oil does

it's like they figure that we have learned to live with it.. so they may as well keep rorting us.

I am annoyed hehehe
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blah blah blh. the petrol price is to expensive.... blah blah blah........ fuck im more worried about the quality of the fuel then the price of it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Thu, 14 October 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heehee

ok cool well I have some reeeeely good petrol here. like 110 octane and all...

I will sell it to you for.. uh... what say.. $95.23 per litre? Very Happy

I know I am having a winge.... but I a say I am entitled to it.. still recovering from my bowsershock this morning
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Fri, 15 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck ya's all, just paid 88.9cpl Twisted Evil
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Fri, 15 October 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC,

Damn you!!!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Fri, 15 October 2004 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've only paid over $1 a litres for petrol twice i thinks Razz

i also get 4c/litres discount each time Very Happy
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Sat, 16 October 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NSW always gets arse fuked when it comes to taxes, we pay the most income tax, we pay the most for fuel, whats next, toll booths in the park area's, Gold coin donations to use Public shitholes, fukin Politicians, shoot all of them, let god sort them out.

Qld residents get cheaper fuel because of goverment tax relieve(10c per ltier or what ever it is), so should all of australia, what makes QLD so good,

I also noticed the other day that reg unleaded was 1.06cpl and the counter lady says, good to see the price down a little, i said yeah but not for ultimate(1.18cpl), why is that, i asked, she had no reply, me reply was cause its all a big fukin scam and walked out.

Just my spew

Cheers

Steve
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Sat, 16 October 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 23:27

fuck ya's all, just paid 88.9cpl Twisted Evil

where was that?
cheapest on the coast\brisbane i found yesturday was 95.9 for ULP
i didnt look too hard though
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Sat, 16 October 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just another reason to hate queensland, first pauline hanson now this! Mad Laughing Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Sat, 16 October 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 10:05

NSW always gets arse fuked when it comes to taxes, we pay the most income tax, we pay the most for fuel, whats next, toll booths in the park area's, Gold coin donations to use Public shitholes, fukin Politicians, shoot all of them, let god sort them out.

Qld residents get cheaper fuel because of goverment tax relieve(10c per ltier or what ever it is), so should all of australia, what makes QLD so good,

I also noticed the other day that reg unleaded was 1.06cpl and the counter lady says, good to see the price down a little, i said yeah but not for ultimate(1.18cpl), why is that, i asked, she had no reply, me reply was cause its all a big fukin scam and walked out.

Just my spew

Cheers

Steve

Boo frigging hoo.

I wish we paid 1.18cpl for ultimate up here.

But no, I had to pay almost (1.18 * 100% ) more than you did.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Sat, 16 October 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 20:53

FKN16V wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 10:05

Just my spew

Cheers

Steve

Boo frigging hoo.

I wish we paid 1.18cpl for ultimate up here.

But no, I had to pay almost (1.18 * 100% ) more than you did.

Woops my bad, i meant $1.18pl
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Fri, 22 October 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry ppls, but for the record fuel prices you cant surpass Tassie!
Bought some ULP for $1.49pl a few weeks back (admittedly we weren't exactly near a highway, but still!).
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Fri, 22 October 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some bastard rang the radio station this morning, got some fuel on the south side - pump was fucked, charged him 11c instead of $1.11 filled up for $4 or something, rorted!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Mon, 25 October 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In queenstown i payed over $1.60 a litre and travled over 100 kms a day.
I also use flash lube so that add to the price as well.
It's super duper gay !
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I just paid $1.23 for petrol and I am annoyed - just had to rant sorry Mon, 25 October 2004 06:46 Go to previous message
Let me tell you about some "caravan park" located somwehere just North of Eildon in Victoria.

We left Eildon with a mates girlfriend driving and about an hour out of Eildon she lets us know that the petrol is just about empty. Not knowing the area well we thought we best push on. Then a road sign came up indicating the next town was about 40km away. We were pretty sure we didn't have enough to get there or that it would be damn close.

SO, idling along and coasting down the hills we were in conservation mode!

Then a fantastic site "Petrol 800m, next left" was seen on a painted sign in a tree!!! We were saved.

We took the next left which was a dirt road that went for just over a kilometre into a "caravan park" (that only had about 2 caravans and looked more like a farm with 2 busted caravans in a paddock). We pulled up beside the single bowser they had which was chained up. As we hopped out a lady came out of the house and was heading towards us.

At this point I looked at the old school bowser and saw the price, but thought "nah that must be wrong"??

No it F$%KEN wasn't, the lady confirmed the fantastic price of $3.45 a litre!!!! She wouldn't unlock it unless we bought "X" many litres either (the required amount escapes me as I hoppped back in the car and let my mate do the wheeeling and dealing).

Being the tight-arse risk taking gamblers we are we deicided to leave that lady and her magic petrol and push on!!

As all good stories go we made it to a petrol station and filled up our 50 litre tank with just a touch over of 50 litres of fuel, it was a close call!!.

I never thought petrol could be so expensive here Mad

Lesson learnt: fill up early and often out in the sticks, or get reamed by a "country bumpkin" Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:link too funny De Niro vid
Next Topic:sending funds overseas... ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:54:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00724196434021 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.