Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Thu, 14 October 2004 09:51 Go to next message
i have a bit of a need for spring compressors dammit!

I only have the internal type, which is of massif no use to me trying to compress springs in a mcpherson strut arrangement.

I only need them for a few hours on the weekend, as i just need to get the springs off the front cut's struts to put in the kmacs which arent captive. So even if you want to drop by, have a beer, gawk at my mess of conversions and walk away when im done i'd be very thankful..... or if you just loan me the compressors.....

dammit im not paying $100+ for a set!!

PM or post here if you can help.
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Thu, 14 October 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call me

0412 184 470

I have some external ones with hook-type on the end w. big thread through the middle. Are great if you have the strut out
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Thu, 14 October 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you can borrow them whenever you want

even tonight if you want.. was actually thinking of cruising out to Baulko later myself..
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Thu, 14 October 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Likewise - I've got a set I can lend ya' if you can't get Rob's.

Just give me a call if you want them (I'm heading up to Windsor today so can drop them by) or can just leave them out front at my place if you don't mind a bit of a drive to pick them up on the weekend..
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Sat, 16 October 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks paul - i got robs ones the other night.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Sat, 16 October 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one big happy family!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Sat, 16 October 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought some from Auto One and they were only 20 bucks and they did the job when we worked on my corona. We had to use them twice as the first time they ahd sold me the wrong front struts, and they didn't break so I would reccommmend them.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Sat, 16 October 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the tip coronaboy.

Yes - toymods IS one big happy family! Very Happy This is exactly the type of thing we try are trying to promote by having these forums, and i love it when it works!

TOYMODS!
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Sun, 17 October 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im getting a big spring compressor its costing me $250 its a lot less stuffing around and ill claim it on tax i have a small set too if they need to be borrowed
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Mon, 18 October 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi matt, where you getting that from? you planning on starting a shop or something, your buying enough stuff Smile
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Mon, 18 October 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been doing cashies Rolling Eyes It took me too long to change struts in a corolla (ae92) last time 1h both sides but i could almost do it in 1/2 h like on a 4cly camry like i do at work, im @ pre delivery fitting airs its a piece of piss heeeeeeepppsssss of O.T Very Happy time is money my friend and i need alot more. a parts fitter (me ) can never have enough tools i think i need another roll cab Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 09:55]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Tue, 19 October 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww air cons were mad. do they need another person to come do some corolla air cons? ill come in sat and do some if they pay me cash Very Happy
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: SYD: need to borrow external type spring compressors Tue, 19 October 2004 10:02 Go to previous message
cash Laughing Laughing Laughing ill pay u 20 bucks for a cruise (drift in the sprinter oh im lowering my brothers landcruiser 4 inches Very Happy )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:VIC - Need your diff welded?
Next Topic:Ra28 interior and mag ideas?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 12:04:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058169364929199 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.