Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
aw11 custom airfilter box Sun, 17 October 2004 02:41 Go to next message
hey there

has anyone made custom airbox for their aw11? i want to make one which sits in the standard batt tray so cops cant defect me for it.

atm i've just got an ea falcon rubber intake hose from the afm sharp bend up next to the batt connected to a cheap simota pod. im pretty sure its only sucking in hot air and ocassionaly water on raining days coz its fully exposed.

that batt will be in boot soon. my plan was to completely seal this pod filter off in a fibreglass box, then cover/paint box up in heat resistance/reflecting material. on the other side of the box will be a large piping maybe bout 4" diameter running down the firewall to about fuel filter height so suck in colder air. i dont want it too low might suck up water and pebbles etc...

what do other aw11 owners think?
  Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: aw11 custom airfilter box Sun, 17 October 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As you know we dont have a lot of room in the engine bay so all i can say is utilize the room you have. Your idea should work fine.

I wonder how much water and stuff like that would actually get sucked up? cause my filter is basically going to sit at the bottom of my engine bay. hhhmmmmm.........

something to think about......
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: aw11 custom airfilter box Sun, 17 October 2004 09:15 Go to previous message
your idea of the filter box on the battery tray is good, but i would make the front of your box (firewall side) have a protuded opening (scoop so to speak on the front of it) to catch all the air that comes up from underneathe.
for the police man from above it would look like a sealed box. Wink

there is a fair bit of cold air that flows up from underneathe in a AW11's engine bay, even where your filter is now it would be getting some of that.
a little water never hurts an engine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE idle drop
Next Topic:4age big port advice wanted
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 18:53:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046730041503906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.