Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What happened to the Vic section?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think for the most part people are just agreeing with what TA_PLUS_22 said.

we're not trying to segregate the toymods community or have our own little circles, but would like to use the state section for things which, while they are not exactly events, are state specific. i know a number of people only check the SA part of the forums and don't troll through the general car talk, so if i want to know where to get some work done in SA i'm much more likely to get a useful answer if i ask it in the SA question. i would not be surprised if people start gettin the shits up soon that the general car talk section is full of posts like:

SA- Where to get rails straightened
SA- Where to get clutch
SA- Need engine conversion
SA- WHere to dispose of engine

those are all titles taht were previously in the SA section. by moving them to the general chat forum you're just gonna clog up that area and make it harder for SA people to see it. also, people from other states aren't likely to look at it at all cos it starts with the SA flag.

i understand there was a bit of crap being put into the SA section that should have been in other parts, but as stated previously most could be attributed to newbies and 1 or 2 serial offenders.

i'm not trying to get stuck into you mods, and i do appreciate these forums greatly, but i'm just trying to offer another point of view
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have seen your point of view, as you have kind of made it pretty clear, and we dont agree. Simple - dont like it, sorry, too bad.

So many times in this thread i have wanted to say exactly what rod has said but i just dont know how to say it without going off the deep end and sounding like im ripping into everyone. This is the way it is, and the way it will stay.

I honestly dont see what benefit there is to your suggestions, other than to make things more convenient for this small group of people who are too lazy to read the rest of the forums or maybe even *SHOCK HORROR* do a search

SeptemberSquallIndustries.... congratulations on showing your latest level of maturity.

Quote:

tEH Witzelwankjob is watching

..... and you STILL cant spell my name.

I have made my comments, i have voiced the opinion of the board, i have tried to be diplomatic, i have even suggested how you guys can still use the forums the way you have always been just in the correct sections........ and this is the sort of thanks i (and the Toymods car club board) get.

Thank you to those who have listened, and acted appropriately. It really is nice to see, and i DO appreciate it.

I have said all i have to say on this topic for now.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I honestly dont see what benefit there is to your suggestions, other than to make things more convenient for this small group of people who are too lazy to read the rest of the forums or maybe even *SHOCK HORROR* do a search

This argument kinda works against you too. Are you guys too lazy to just scan the local forums now and then? It's not like the information in the local forums is that useful to people outside of Victoria most of the time.

Although I'm personally not against only using the local forums for meets and cruises. I understand the desire to bring the community closer together.

What I am against is the heavy handed tactics used by the mods/board/whatever, punishing those of us who are using the forums correctly 'cuz you are too lazy/don't have time to manage it to moderate the vic forums correctly.

My suggestion to add moderators for each section still stands.
I think this would have kept everyone happy, rather than deleting the threads of the people who are abiding by your rules. You don't like it when the Police do it to you.

A good compromise would be to add a filter and flag option to the forum.

You could have say, 7 flags for posts:

General
NSW
Queensland
Victoria
South Australia
ACT/NT/TAS/WA

Then you could have the same list of filters for viewing the forum. When the users filter is set to "Victoria", the user would only see posts marked as "Victoria" as highlighted, and "General" as grayed out, but wouldn't see posts from any other category. When set to General, you would see all posts (like it is currently).

This would be great as Toymods grows to allow users to easily view relevant content without making it harder for people from other states to see state specific information if they so desire.

It would also be very useful for the for sale sections too. You would be able to see where a car or part is located at a glance rather than having to click on each thread.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

What I am against is the heavy handed tactics used by the mods/board/whatever, punishing those of us who are using the forums correctly 'cuz you are too lazy/don't have time to manage it to moderate the vic forums correctly.

If you are a habitual burnout fiend, and the police gave you multiple warnings, each time without any fine or punishment and then after your 5th to 10th offense finally decided "thats enough, this has gone too far" - would you really be that upset, or would you think that maybe you deserved it?

Like Josh said, warnings were given in March, a sticky thread has been there since then, and multiple warnings have been given between then and now. There was adequette time for adjusting habits before, and it was pretty obvious those warnings werent working - hence the decisive action.

Thank you for your feedback.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 13:15

Thank you for your feedback.

You're welcome.

THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 13:15

If you are a habitual burnout fiend, and the police gave you multiple warnings, each time without any fine or punishment and then after your 5th to 10th offense finally decided "thats enough, this has gone too far" - would you really be that upset, or would you think that maybe you deserved it?

It's not like that at all. It's more like some idiot who you don't even know or care about being a habitual burnout fiend, and the Police confiscating YOU'RE car as well as the cars of EVERYONE who drives something that looks similar to the offenders.

I wasn't the one posting rubbish in the Vic forums. Why did I (and a whole lot of other people) get punished for it? It's not like we can control what a few idiots are doing. You guys can though. You can just ban them from that section, or the whole forum, or delete their threads.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka,

I appreciate your feedback and comments and thankyou for posting them in levelheaded and constructive manner you have.

Your "Flags" option has merit but makes it even easier for embers to develop their own interstate sub communities and its the complete opposite of what we want to achieve.

As fo rthe blanket post removal, we honestly felt there was no other way. We have asked on so many occasions for co-opperation and there is always an element that ignores our request. Hell there are Still users doing it today. Sad

Its a sad state of affairs that we had to do what we did, I kinda feel like a miserable old Primary school teacher that keeps the whole class back after the bell.

The simple fact is tho your right, we don't have the time resorces to moderate the forums as tightly as some sections require. For the most part our forum users are great and self moderate each other. The SA and VIC sections don't self moderate as a group and as such we have had no choice but to enforce our earlier requests. Hopefully now the many will assist to educate the few. If not the sections will be deleted all together which is not what we want as a board.

At the end of the day tho, Toymods is and always will have a social focus, whilst the interests of our FINACIAL members will always be our No1 concern, we also want ONE community and will do what we can to encourage it.

Thanks.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would create some segrigation, but not as much as people posting things in the state sections only.

Even if you had the filter set to "Vic" you would still see any posts marked as "general". You just wouldn't see any marked as "NSW" or anywhere else. And if you set your filter to "General", you could see all threads from everywhere. It also wouldn't stop being seeing indevidual posts within threads, just the threads themselves. So it wouldn't make it any harder for people to see stuff they want, but it would make life easier for people who skim the forums and don't have much time to sit there looking through posts.

Alternativly (at least for now) the flag could just be a little extra box next to "views" with the flag it has. That way everyone can see what state the post pertains to, and decide themselves if they think it's still worth viewing. In the case of "Anyone know where **** place is? | NSW" then you can probably ignore it if you've never been to NSW.

You're forums here are growing. As they get larger you WILL need to split them up or make them easier to use, or risk driving people away 'cuz they can't find information in the flood.
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 13:39

It's not like that at all. It's more like some idiot who you don't even know or care about being a habitual burnout fiend, and the Police confiscating YOU'RE car as well as the cars of EVERYONE who drives something that looks similar to the offenders.

Beautiful!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 10:57]

turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well this concludes my toymod experience.

I joined to meet people in SA, and talk to them, see thier cars etc. Not to be told what I should do and where I should do it.

I'm done here. Let me know if a SA Toyota club starts up.

- Brian
www.turbo-a.net
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this place is a little like my dad. years go on, things change, but he likes to stay in the past cos he is scared of the newschool. This place is my father........ welllll not really but ya know what i mean. Laughing Time to change before its to late.

I post in general, outhouse etc, aswell as posting my "this should be in general" things in the vic section. Why? becuase i feel that these things are more apropriate for these sections.

BTW as i stated before, i was goin to become a financial member after origionally saying no. Then things changed the the nazi state of affairs again, now im looking at donating my hard earned money into an AMERICAN mr2 forums....... why..... cos i can!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turbo-a: i get the feelign you wont be the only one. I heard a rumor that theres one or 2 vic things being organised. hopefully theres somewhere for the S.A guys aswell.

Proper events were trying to be organised in vic, but i guess never will due to the nazi thing happaning.
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Thu, 14 October 2004 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GOODBYE Rolling Eyes
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo-a wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 22:54

Yeah well this concludes my toymod experience.

I joined to meet people in SA, and talk to them, see thier cars etc. Not to be told what I should do and where I should do it.

I'm done here. Let me know if a SA Toyota club starts up.

- Brian
www.turbo-a.net

Well I'm sure if the only reason you wanted to be involved in the forum is for selfish localised reasons there won't be any tears shead about you leaving. 75% of your post were in the SA forum.

This is exactly what we do not want. We want the discussions happening with no real bias to who they include.

There really seems to be some confusion by you guys as to what this forum is aimed at. The forum is aimed at serving the communication needs of Toymods Car Club members and being a resource for them. The Toymods car club would love to see there be Toyota clubs running in every state. Some of you seem to think that saying there will be other clubs start up is some kind of threat to be used to try and get the Toymods forum to change.

Simply not true. Why do you think there is the opportunity for these other states to be able to start clubs? I would suggest it's because there is a national forum that encourages Toyota enthusiasts, where people have been able to see the amount of interest in the mark and organise events for their state.

Take a look in the SA forum, they have a big thread going on setting up a South Australian Toyota club. This is the first thing we moved back into that forum, for the simple reason that having a more active Toyota club environment in Australia is a good thing.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well where the hell is my thread on the night we were supposed to be having at AIR? Rolling Eyes

I have asked politely, twice
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE,

What the hell did you call It I tried to find it yesterday but didn't see it. Happy to move it back so a clearer topic title or something would be great.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just looked through the last 600 odd posts you've made which took me back to the beginning of last month and none of those were threads for a trip to AIR.

If you want help you need to specify what it is. We can't read your mind.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wednesday night drags at AIR and it wasnt created by me, it was made by user: polak

you could have just pmed me back when i wrote to you on monday and I would have told you what it was called. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 03:49]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 13:18

yeah well where the hell is my thread on the night we were supposed to be having at AIR? Rolling Eyes

You asked where the hell your thread about going to AIR was? I spent half an hour going through the last 600 posts you've made trying to find it. How am I meant to know that by "your" you actually mean someone named Polak?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 14:04

MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 13:18

You asked where the hell your thread about going to AIR was? I spent half an hour going through the last 600 posts you've made trying to find it. How am I meant to know that by "your" you actually mean someone named Polak?

its my bad sorry but he started the thread and i am organisisng the event it was started a couple of months ago and was put on hold for various vehicle trouble reasons, but i dont understand why my PM was unanswered, like i said it would have been easier for you guys too just ask me and i could have give you the thread title.

Geez
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 23:02

BTW as i stated before, i was goin to become a financial member after origionally saying no. Then things changed the the nazi state of affairs again, now im looking at donating my hard earned money into an AMERICAN mr2 forums....... why..... cos i can!

Clown you pimp the MR2 forums like they're a place that caters specifically to your needs of having a SA forum. Well I use the MR2 forums a lot and I know they have a regional specific forum there that would suit you since it is for Australia. Strangely I don't see any post in there from you. In fact there is only 5 post in there in total. Surely if a region specific forum was so necessary to all forums or they will fall behind the time's you would be in posting a heap in the AU section of MR2oc.

Now that I think of it you've been a member of the MR2 forums since March this year and made 26 posts. As opposed to this forum where you have made 1511 posts. It's good to see your loyalty level's. One decision doesn't go the way you want and then you snap and try to encourage everyone else to leave.

Maybe you should just go and hang out in the austalian section of the MR2 forums rather than bitching and calling names on the Toymods forum.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 04:46]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comon Mr 1ggte - we all have fulltime jobs as well as the work we do for the Toymods Car Club and the moderating of these forums. I sometimes wonder how guys like Josh and Rod can spare 30-60 minutes to do this work for people who arent even financial members of the Toymods Car Club.... give them a break ok?

Think about it as if you were in their shoes.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think other clubs starting in local areas will be a threat to the Toymods information base. It may draw plenty of users away from these forums. Sure those users are the ones who are 50-75% based in the state specific forums, but the other 50-25% of posts will now be lost too.

Having people having to search through 2 (or more) totally different forums for answers to their questions is a lot more hassle than just having to click over to a different section in the same forum. Thats the way I see it, and thats why I think the flags system will greatly benefit everyone. It's obviously your call though.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 05:15]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 14:32

comon Mr 1ggte - we all have fulltime jobs as well as the work we do for the Toymods Car Club and the moderating of these forums. I sometimes wonder how guys like Josh and Rod can spare 30-60 minutes to do this work for people who arent even financial members of the Toymods Car Club.... give them a break ok?

Think about it as if you were in their shoes.

look man I didnt start this and I am not having a go at anyone, i was simply suggesting that it would have been simpler if either one of the guys had just sent me a PM regading the situation.

I realise that you guys all work full time jobs, hell so do I i am just lucky that i get to use the internet a shitload while I am at work...

What does being a financial member of the car club have to do with the forum tho, I belive it is you witzl that has said on many occasions that toymods and the forum are not actually formally affiliated, plus i live in SA so what use would becoming a member be? Thats why i donated to the forum instead as I do use it a fair bit
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 15:21

What does being a financial member of the car club have to do with the forum tho, I belive it is you witzl that has said on many occasions that toymods and the forum are not actually formally affiliated, plus i live in SA so what use would becoming a member be? Thats why i donated to the forum instead as I do use it a fair bit

MR 1GGTE,

Your donation is/was very much apprciated. These forums were created for the benfit of the Toymods Car Clubs Financial members, they will always be managed in a manner that best suits the needs of the members. The forums are NOT the Toymods Car club, But they are the clubs forums. Being a forum member does not make you a Toymods member, just a welcome part of the "wider" Toymods community.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 15:26

MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 15:21

MR 1GGTE,

Your donation is/was very much apprciated. These forums were created for the benfit of the Toymods Car Clubs Financial members, they will always be managed in a manner that best suits the needs of the members. The forums are NOT the Toymods Car club, But they are the clubs forums. Being a forum member does not make you a Toymods member, just a welcome part of the "wider" Toymods community.

I already know that I am not a member of the toymods car club becuase i am a financial member of the forum as I stated that in my above post as becoming a financial member has no benefit to me...except maybe the free t shirt Laughing

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod's trying to explain the differentiation of the Toymods Car Club and the Toymods forum. He's not telling you you aren't a member or anything.

Personally the fact that we need to make the distinction is a real shame. The reason why we need to tell people that the Toymods forum is not the Toymods Car Club, is that the level of maturity and quality of behavior of a lot of the people on the forums is something that we as a club do not want to be associated with.

People tend to look at the forums and think "what a bunch of wingeing little kiddies, who'd want to join that club". To a certain degree I have to agree with them, if I didn't know who was a member of the club and who was just a forum member I'd probably think the same way. The fact is that the people that make up the Toymods Car Club are a very small subset of the members of the forum and no matter how well they behave we are all painted with the same brush.

This club is an extremely good environment. I have meet a lot of people and made a lot of friendships that I expect to last a long time. The members of the club are only too happy to help out other members with info or labour for any of their endeavors. It saddens me that I feel the need to restrict these sentiments to members of the club with only a few long standing exceptions.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 07:45]

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just my opinion

I believe things should have been left the way they were. It was much much MUCH easier to get answers to questions non event related in the SA section. Too many times in specific forums I have had people either hi jack my thread or give me unviable solutions to my problems because they are interstate.I am all for a State specific general section.I have also found that in the other forums questions Ive asked have gone unanswered and been moved back pages within the space of a day! Now how in the hell is anyone from this state gonna see my thread. I sure dont look through every single page each time I go into a forum and im 100% sure that the majority of other users dont either.
In relation to a comment made about how people put there locations in their profile so we should know where they are from and whether or not we can help. This is all well and good but time and time again i see profiles where this is not done. I think selecting what state you are in should be a mandatory requirement for the completion of a profile.
If a SA Toyota dedicated forum/club page starts up, i know my visits to this site will drop significantly as im sure many others would as well. Before you decided to enforce your pedantic rules this web site was the easiest way for me to get to know local Toyota enthusists and communicate with them on various topics as Im sure it was for many others. Your decisions of late have made me loose a lot of respect for the people running the forums and what I thought this site was about.

-André
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactually Smile
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.weaintcool.com/pictures/articles/other/argue.jpg

i posted this in the other thread too, i think it sums it all up
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnFlaMEd wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 18:52

Just my opinion

Your decisions of late have made me loose a lot of respect for the people running the forums and what I thought this site was about.

-André

Andre,

I'm not sure what you thought these forums were about and I hate to burst your bubble but these forums are all about benefiting the Toymods Car Clubs financial members, not giving a small minority of interstate web users a place to do as they please. I

I'm kind of getting sick and tired of listening to the whinging and moaning about what a small number of you somehow feel you deserve. So let me spell it out kinda simple like:

The forums have Rules, Obey them or piss off !

A decision has been made, guidelines are being enforced and will be moderated. I personally don't care if some people don't like it. These forums get 3 - 5 MILLION hits a month, we are not going to keep everyone happy. As long a Toymods MEMBERS are happy, the board is happy !

The decision was reached by the board and is FINAL.

Oh and Pee Wee, The fact that exploiting the disability of some random handicapped individual purely because you lack either the interlect or care factor to discuss it futher really does you no favours. The fact you most likely find it amusing is rather sad indeed.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 15:22]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your going to loose what could have been members by doin the nazi thing, how many people have stated that these actions are unnecessery! I know for one myself and several others were goin to be paying members but wont be now........ if we'd given you money would you have listened any more??? No. So I choose to keep my money!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Fri, 15 October 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 03:10

Your going to loose what could have been members by doin the nazi thing, how many people have stated that these actions are unnecessery! I know for one myself and several others were goin to be paying members but wont be now........ if we'd given you money would you have listened any more??? No. So I choose to keep my money!

Congratulations Smile
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sat, 16 October 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The President.
Would you condsider obliging us vic/sa people in running state based forums for us if we did have to make some kind of monetary contribution?? I for one would definately pay. As I said before, this site was the easiest way for me to keep in touch with and meet local toymoders. I would pay so long as it was a reasonable amount to keep it that way.

p.s. I dont think telling people to obey your rules or piss of is a great way to create unity. I think that by doing what you have done will most likley cause you to loose much of the information this state has to offer. Im sorry you think of victorians and south australians as a minority. I think you would be suprised by the number of hits you get from these two states.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 October 2004 11:10]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sat, 16 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnFlaMEd wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 20:58

The President.
Would you condsider obliging us vic/sa people in running state based forums for us if we did have to make some kind of monetary contribution?? I for one would definately pay. As I said before, this site was the easiest way for me to keep in touch with and meet local toymoders. I would pay so long as it was a reasonable amount to keep it that way.

p.s. I dont think telling people to obey your rules or piss of is a great way to create unity. I think that by doing what you have done will most likley cause you to loose much of the information this state has to offer. Im sorry you think of victorians and south australians as a minority. I think you would be suprised by the number of hits you get from these two states.

EnFlaMEd,

Its not about the money, its about the community ! I don't think of our forum users in VIC or SA as a minority. I welcome them and anyone else to these forums as long as they respect the few rules and guidleines we have. The minority are the ones winging in this thread.

Seriously guys your emtitled to your opinion, we have listened and read them. Its not gunna change. The time and effort spent in this thread and the other like it does no one any favours so I hopefully won't feel the need to post in here again.

Use the forums as they are intended or use someone else's forums or start your own. Any of those 3 is fine.

peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sat, 16 October 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck me sideways rod, i don't see you gettin all politically correct everytime someone posts a picture from ebaums of some black guy sayin they'd fuck this or "hit it twice" or something. is it ok to pay out black people but not retarded people?

also please note sarcasm, not tryin to turn this into some further tangent of a shit fight

edit - oh and the reason i chose not to further "discuss" the matter is not through lack of intellect, it is through the fact it is not a discussion. it is obvious that both sides here have made their points clear and that neither are going to give any le-way so it is a moot point to go further

[Updated on: Sat, 16 October 2004 15:09]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pee Wee,

Dude I am personally a Long way from politically correct ! No secret there at all. All this forum shit fight has my tollerance level at basically zero. And once you have kids you tend to be less tolerant of stuff concerning them.

I just don't see it as funny dude.
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I gotta say is I had always seen these forums as the best place on the net to talk to other toyota enthusiasts from all around Australia...

The fact that any post I make on here is being scrutinised by moderators whom can take anyway any post I make at the drop of a hat, even if its not offensive, makes me less inclined to contribute to the forum.

I understand it may be the direct result of people abusing the forums, but give us all a fair go..... just because we don't live in sydney doesn't mean we're less passionate about toyotas.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you completely missed the point inferno.... and just so that you know for future:

Posted 6th June, 2003
Quote:

The Toymods Board reserves the right to edit, lock or delete any thread or post that conflicts with these rules or is against the interests of the Car Club.

This is a private forum run by the Toymods Car Club Board and membership is at their discretion.

Users are only allowed one username.

No Animated gifs or offensive pictures are allowed as avatars or usernames that may offend.

Personal attacks are not permitted.

Posts that are rude, offensive, insulting, slanderous or encouraging illegal activities are not permitted.

Political, Religious, Racist or Sexist comments or threads are not permitted.

No pornographic content or links are permitted.

Ensure you post threads in the appropriate section and that you do not post the same thread more than once. Threads in inappropriate sections will be moved or deleted.

Ensure you read the section rules in yellow at the top of each section (or that are made sticky)

Posts should be constructive and on-topic for that thread

If a member posts such comments or threads their membership may be revoked.

If you are moderated and you wish to discuss it then e-mail a moderator or email the board at board@toymods.org.au

If you have concerns about any posts or threads then e-mail a moderator, select the 'Report message to a Moderator' option or email the board at board@toymods.org.au

The Toymods Board reserves the right to modify these rules when necessary.

TOYMODS CAR CLUB BOARD

Disclaimer: All posts are the property and responsibility of the poster, the forum moderators and administrators have no obligation to monitor any posts, however Toymods reserves the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information and/or materials (in whole or in part) that in its discretion considers objectionable or in violation of any applicable law or the Conditions of Use
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe it's time to change the rules?? (innocent question here)

i can understand mods being pissed at certain threads from the SA section, such as 'ducktail wing for sale', and 'should i QTB for 4AGE'.

that stuff is totally irrelevant to both SA or cruise/event. i mean, wtf were they thinking? ban them straight up, i dont care. they HAVE been warned numerous times.

i honestly think that even if the SA section is gone, and we are forced to post such threads in the general car talk section as

SA - where to tune carbies
SA - this
SA - that

etc..., i cant see people in NSW, Vic, or anywhere else even bothering to look there, so in effect, how is this helping the Toymods Community Australia-wide? it makes no difference if these threads are posted in an SA section, or a General Section, only SA people will read them, or the occasional freaks Razz who from Vic, or NSW, etc, would read the SA section anyway.

personally, i would be keen to join Toymods Car Club as a financial member(you can keep the shirt) just for my say, but what's the point? i cant get to meetings every month or whenever in Sydney...

i'm happy to contribute $50 here or there in the I Supported Toymods fund, and truthfully, i feel that this should entitle me to some sort of say.

obviously not.

it saddens me to see this happen as a whole.

13 of us SA boys drove to Sydney for the drift nats at oran park. people from NSW knew about it. it was posted in threads in the general section. we invited NSW lads to meet up with us at the comp, come say g'day, etc. but out of the ~30ppl that said on the main 'drift nats' thread, that they were there, and saw us there, only 3 people came over to say g'day. we were offended that we reached out to try and expand the 'Toymods Community' as a whole, and were rejected. it's only going to be like this on the forums too.

NSW people are NSW people. SA people are SA people. it's called rivalry between states, and unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can do about it. it's just typical human behaviour

meh. i'll still donate every now and then, and i'll still have it as my homepage(STFU Twisted Evil )

cheers
steve
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve,

There is no rivalry between the states from this end. ? It concerns me a little to here you think that.

The brass nuts of it all is pretty simple. The interstate sections have only ever been intented for local cruises and events. We as a board wanted the interstate groups to have a place to organise meets and hopefully form new clubs and strengthen the Toyota Community across Australia. If we have to will will just remove them altogether but we would rather not.

Why a minority of people from Vic and SA don't want to be part of ONE online community escapes me. Sure it is easier to chat to your local buddies if you have your own space, so start an email group (Us old school toymodders have one and its for Toymods members only!)

There is nothing wrong with you guys wanting to have somewhere you all shoot the shit, BUT its NOT Toymods Forums ! These forums are set up to encourage ONE community and I don't care what state or country your in. If you want to be part of the community then great, there are few guidlines and moderation is generally rather scarce. If you don't like the community we have here then we won't be offended if you don't visit.

The biggest complaint seems to be that your posts will disapear or you will have to put SA in front of your posts, Is the rest of the country not good enought to talk to ? When I want or offer advice I don't check the state location first, who cares where your located. This is supposed to be a Toyota community not a locals only chat site.

genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand what the rules are...

but dont rules change overtime?

remember, the internet started out as a US army computer network...
i guess that changed???
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are OUR rules, and are setup to harbour what the Toymods Car Club Inc board wants to achieve in terms of a greater Toyota community.

We do it our way, and thats just the way it is.

When are you guys going to understand that, so that we can move on?

Dont you have cars to work on or something? I know i could be spending my time better than arguing over spilt milk....
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LATE NIGHT MOVIE QUIZ!!!

What movie is this line from?

"but sir, how can you be so obtuse?"

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shawshank redemption, and it almost gets him thrown off the roof
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes and no.

right line, it gets him a month in the hole Rolling Eyes
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah yeh that's right, he asks the screw if he trusted his wife

the only reason the warden got so shitty is cos he probably didn't understand the meaning of the word
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: What happened to the Vic section? Sun, 17 October 2004 11:54 Go to previous message
peewee wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 19:04

the only reason the warden got so shitty is cos he probably didn't understand the meaning of the word

Seems apt.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:blond strikes back
Next Topic:Has BP stopped selling premium?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:26:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078599452972412 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.