Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
unleaded filler neck in a '22 Mon, 18 October 2004 00:28 Go to next message
i have searched and couldnt find anything for '22s, i found conversions for AE86. corollas etc but no one has advised what they have done to their '22s

so my Q is what filler neck have you guys used to replace the leaded one? what car did it come from and what was involved in getting it to fit?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 00:50]

Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: unleaded filler neck in a '22 Mon, 18 October 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mate, in mine I brought a unleaded generic insert type thing you slide down into the original neck and put a few tac welds in place to hold it. I got it from BD4s think it was $25 or so.

be careful when fitting though as I didn't put mine in far enough and when filling up with fuel it doesn't cut off in time and fuel always spills down the side of the car. hmm I should fix this...
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: unleaded filler neck in a '22 Mon, 18 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks joel, good idea... how far down did you weld it? you recon it should be bout an inch lower than what you got?

hows the rebuild going?

oh yeah whats BD4s??? Rolling Eyes (excuse the ignorance)
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: unleaded filler neck in a '22 Mon, 18 October 2004 01:18 Go to previous message
Hey,
I welded it about 1 inch from the start of the neck. Yeah probably should be 2 inch.

But i'd suggest taking your neck out, sit the unleaded thing in it and go to your local fuel station and test it out make sure the pump nozzle slides all the way in.

www.bd4s.com.au Smile

rebuild is moving slowly.. i've supplied Graham with 4 replacement rods. He is currently fitting ARP bolts to them, giving them a hone and balancing whole assembly up again. Also going to hone the block again and i'll put new rings and bearings in. Figure might as well while its apart.

Should be ready to pickup parts from Graham on Saturday I hope. So only a few more weeks before it sees the road again Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ITBs & Port X-Sectional Areas + Lengths : Your Thoughts....
Next Topic:Trueno Headlight conversion ! light control / relay etc
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:56:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0031988620758057 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.