Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bliz
Regular

September 2002

icon4.gif  4A-FC Tue, 15 October 2002 09:51 Go to next message
what do u guys think of 4a-fc engine?..is it crap....or...its worth doin it up.coz of the reilaiblility..

what u guys have to say?......

coz atm i have a ae92 fitted wif a K&N filter, sports exhaust system. dats it on my 4a-fc engine.....is there nething else that i can do?......for a lil more boost?.

or should i live the way it is... n sell it a get another better1....if i do...how much u reakon i ca sell it for...i bought it for $4200 bout few months ago...spended a quite few gadgety fings..around $2000 includin deck.

is it worth doin it up?.........

fanx guys again...

JIM

[Nark: Changed the subject line. It was too long and caused havoc to the table structure]

[Updated on: Wed, 16 October 2002 00:28] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
Fat_KE70
Regular

October 2002
icon8.gif  Re: ________..........:::::::::4A-FC::::::::::::..............______ Tue, 15 October 2002 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
save up your pennies and dont waste time on a carby.....buy a gti or sx and get some real power that you can do more to Mad
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: ________..........:::::::::4A-FC::::::::::::..............______ Tue, 15 October 2002 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u reakon.......... i dunno..coz i dun have much money to buy another car........
ish a carby a shithole?.....

what this i heard...i heard 1 somfing from my friend somthing called twin carby...what ish dat about..can it be done?.is it worth it..........

ne other mods 4 a 4a-fc engine?................2 make a lil more booost?

JIM
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ________..........:::::::::4A-FC::::::::::::..............______ Tue, 15 October 2002 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, if you're looking for some more intense excitement, you might find that a GTi or SX is gonna need an engine swap anyways, so maybe what you've got aint so bad?

Dunno if its cos the cars I drove really sucked or something (seemed to be in good nick), but the couple of ae92 4ag's that I've driven seemed to really SUCK compared to the RWD converted 4ags (ae86, t18, ae71). Diff gearing maybe?
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: ________..........:::::::::4A-FC::::::::::::..............______ Tue, 15 October 2002 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha..yeh maybe..i really happy the way my 4a-fc is runniN...heaps nice...

yeh coz the guy that sold the car to me was a car mechanic for toyota..i rememeber he sayin somfin about modified gear ratio?...dunno if its tru thou...lol ohweelies..

yeh btw i read many forums..pplz keep on metioning..4ac 4af bla bla bla..is that the same was a 4a-fc. or isert they simply 2 lazy to add a few alphabets?
l8ers...

nemore lil boost beside engine swaP?..gYz

jim
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: ________..........:::::::::4A-FC::::::::::::..............______ Tue, 15 October 2002 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AC and 4AFC are different engines...basically the same but the F makes a little more power 10kw i think. I think the F is also a dodgy twin cam in that the cam's both run off of the same pully so basically its a twin cam for economy not performance. also in toyota language the F stands for economy and the C for 3 things Crap/Carby/Californian anti Pollution.

If you all ready have a air filter and exhaust system then there is not a whole heap left you can do the best thing i can recommend that seemed to liven up my 4AC a bit is to fill the tank with premium unleaded and have the timing advanced till it pings then back it off a lil bit.

Cheers
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: ________..........:::::::::4A-FC::::::::::::..............______ Tue, 15 October 2002 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh really hunty.shit i never knew that...fanx...man...haha..me kick the 4ac/.engine......haha..killer......

really..is that all i can do.............argh..crap..nothing else?

fanx again
JIM
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: 4A-FC Wed, 16 October 2002 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey..dude...is there nemore that i can do towards the 4a-fc?....

....fanx..alot~!

JIM
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4A-FC Wed, 16 October 2002 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not with out spending moeny that could be better spent elsewhere, your car is never goin to be a power house, so prehaps spend some money on improving the handling of it ie shocks/springs/sway bars ect. that way u might be able to kick cars thru corners that would normally killl u in a straight line. After the 3 mods i did to mine air filter exhaust and timing i gave up trying to get anymore power out of it im now saving for a 20valve front cut. but with some extra cash i had lying around i bought some stiffer lower springs from industrial springs and i added a twin cam front sway bar and nolathane bushings to stiffen it up a little further, just adding the sway bar and lower springs helped a lot. So theres something you might want to focus on instead.
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: 4A-FC Thu, 17 October 2002 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhaa..right thanks hunty 2 u again...for the audio and now this.

say u wouldn;t have any pictures of ur car do u?..eg car pic, engine, mods...etc..

if do plz send some to my email adress: claujim007@hotmail.com]

mmmmmmmmm...saving up for the sway bars and things...i dunno..how much u reakon its going to cost me?

i havnl;t yet got mags..yeh..but gettin them real soon~

l8ers..

boisz~
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A-FC Thu, 17 October 2002 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Strut tower Brace costs about 70-90 dollars and is a bit of a prick to install so I got my mechanic to do it Evil or Very Mad

bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: 4A-FC Thu, 17 October 2002 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey inertia....erm..first of all..what is a strut towe brace???

is that the bar thing that goes accross the engine thing..??

is not what is it?..and what does it do?...improving what?

fanx jim
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A-FC Thu, 17 October 2002 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A strut brace is the thing that goes across your engine, from strut tower to strut tower. It stiffens the front of your car and stops the chassis from twisting when cornering. It basically keeps the whole front of the car square with the road, giving it more cornering traction, firmer feeling and better steering response.
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: 4A-FC Fri, 18 October 2002 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really..how much will it cost? u reakon..not like a expensive.. but 1 that is workable, reaible, but not to cheap.

how much does it cost for the mechanic to fitt it in to the car?

is it really worths doin this strunt tower bar accros the engine?

l8ersJIM
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 4A-FC Fri, 18 October 2002 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the strut brace on an ae92 is it better to get the one that goes straight across the bay or the 3 point stock GTi one?

your thoughts thanx
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: 4A-FC Fri, 18 October 2002 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Embarassed

eh deleted all my stupid jks

[Updated on: Wed, 08 January 2003 03:32]

bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: 4A-FC Fri, 18 October 2002 04:31 Go to previous message
Shocked Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 08 January 2003 03:30]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help?
Next Topic:Turbo Pressure Conversion???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 05:08:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051860809326172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.