Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FS: Mini superbike...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
FS: Mini superbike... Thu, 14 October 2004 05:55 Go to next message
Unfortunately I have to sell my mini racing bike... As I have to pay for work I need to do on my car...

The bike is an Apollo AGB-18a... it's a 49cc two-stroke which produces almost 1kw Very Happy at around 9000rpm...

I am almost 100% sure that apparently they are perfectly legal as long as your wearing a helmet... they are under the power limit to require a licence...

It's in brand new condition. I've ridden it about five times since I bought it... it hasn't even finished off it's first tank of fuel!!

The max speed it 60-70kmh... which feels a little more like 200... they actually have awesome fuel economy... around 40km per tank... and they are great fun...

All up they weigh 21kg and they can take up to 120kg on them...

It has cross-drilled disc brakes front and back...

The fairing is all chrome and looks amazing...

They retail at $1299... But I want around $900ono to let her go...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7166

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7167

Keal

Attachment: 100_1346sml.jpg
(Size: 97.03KB, Downloaded 1014 time(s))
Attachment: 100_1347sml.jpg
(Size: 92.42KB, Downloaded 1006 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 06:13]

Send a private message to this user    
c-red
Regular

July 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Thu, 14 October 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got one too - and they are great fun, and they hurt way less when you fall off them when you're arsing about. About as quick as a VP Commodore to 60...
Jash
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Thu, 14 October 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just sold mine a little while ago, everytime i see one now i regret it but i needed money!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Fri, 15 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump...

I really need to sell asap...
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sun, 17 October 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
price drop to $800... I gotta sell this thing...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sun, 17 October 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha if i wasnt broke as a shit from my respray.. id so be there
i might ask my gf to get me one for christmas
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sun, 17 October 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rode this bike one day it was awesome fun... keal is losing money on this as it is..bargin guys..its lots of fun Surprised
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sun, 17 October 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still avail? intrested. pm me contact number
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 18 October 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 13:55

I am almost 100% sure that apparently they are perfectly legal as long as your wearing a helmet... they are under the power limit to require a licence...

Errr, try $150 and 3 points, and thats only WA.
The fines would be harsher over east.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 18 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno about harsher here... everyone i've talked to has said the same... I don't think there is even a law set against them yet...
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 18 October 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish to correct this

i got fined $605 for riding on the road
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 18 October 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Again... you're in a different state...Look on the RTA website there is no CLEAR indication of whether they are legal or not... I may be wrong... and so what i have the right to be... I have never been told off on it or had the cops called on me... if your responsible with them you wont get in trouble... I have never gone riding on a highly main road... but then again why would I??? I don't use it for transport...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 18 October 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are illegal in Vic... To be legal they need to be below 0.2kW... They would then be classified a "power assisted bicycle". They can't be registered either because they are less than 50cc. I checked the VicRoads site when I was looking to buy one for myself.

I don't know what the penalty is if you are caught riding one on the road... A friend told me $2000 but that sounds a little high. He may be right though.

If every other state outlaws these little babies, I doubt that they would be legal in NSW. Wink
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 18 October 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only people i have heard of getting fined were people who rode them dangerously and irresponsibly. like on busy roads with no safety gear. everyone else i know road them in quite backstreets and have never had a problem
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 18 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again this is a different state, but i've heard conflicting stories in SA.

i know the rules used to be that under 50cc could be ridden by anyone and didn't require registration, you just had to have a full face helmet. with these superbikes and such coming out i think they may have changed the law tho, supposedly they're illegal on the road and also unable to be registered
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Tue, 19 October 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check ur PM
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Tue, 19 October 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the hijack, but here's what the NSW RTA told me for the sake of argument:

Chris,

An unregistered vehicle is prohibited for use in public areas.

The main thing to consider is:

Is the engine fitted to the item capable of propelling the bike without the rider pedalling?

If the motor is capable of this, the item is then classed as a "moped" and must be registered.

Vehicle Standards 27 describes the allowance of an auxiliary motor fitted to a cycle which is essentially a pedal cycle with a small auxiliary motor attached.

This means that the item is one which is constructed for the use of people and propelled by human power. ie: by pedalling.

If there is an auxiliary motor attached, it's restricted to the maximum power output of 200 watts and isn't capable of propelling the bike. It's purpose is to aid the rider pedalling.

The majority of cases where a motor is attached to a push bike involve the fitment of a small petrol motor from a 'whipper snipper' etc.

Proof of power output needs to be a document from the engine/motor manufacturer.

If you have any other enquiries, don't hesitate to reply or contact Technical Enquiries on 1300 137 302.

Regards

Colin Lambert

Technical Enquiries Officer

-- Then i said --

Would it be possible to register one?

And when you say 'public areas' does that mean you cannot ride them on the road OR even on the footpath ?

-- Then he said --

In order to register one of these bikes, you would need to be able to prove compliance to the Australian Design Rules for vehicle construction and equipment.

The only way to do that is to obtain an engineers report.

The use of these items is restricted to private property only.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 02:56]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Thu, 21 October 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair call...

As I said... as long as your not a dickhead on one you won't get in trouble...

chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Thu, 21 October 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may not buy this one, but i've been inspired.... Evil or Very Mad
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Fri, 22 October 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any takers??? Unfortunately I can't go much lower than $800 otherwise it's just not worth even thinking about selling it...
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sat, 23 October 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do these thing have tachos to register rpm n speed?
Is it only one speed?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sat, 23 October 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah theres no instrumentation... If your interested PM me...
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 25 October 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If 79 rollaboy sells his mini bike and someone else is also after one, i have access to the whole range of pocket bikes, ATVs, mini choppers etc at dealer prices. I'm talking half the price of RRP so if anyone wants one hell cheap and brand new i'll hook you up.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 25 October 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the positive feedback... Rolling Eyes

Todd
Regular

October 2003
mini bike Mon, 25 October 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 09:16]

Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 25 October 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 14:19

If 79 rollaboy sells his mini bike and someone else is also after one, i have access to the whole range of pocket bikes, ATVs, mini choppers etc at dealer prices. I'm talking half the price of RRP so if anyone wants one hell cheap and brand new i'll hook you up.

nothing like hijacking a thread, this guy is trying to sell this thing with out losing to much money as it is. go and make ur own thread u wanker. and it would have been wise to do it after he has sold it!
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 25 October 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed...uve possibly blown the sale for him u gimp Rolling Eyes
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 25 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HALF PRICE Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Haha good one dingaling Laughing
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Mon, 25 October 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah heck sorry.
the gimp isn't hooking up people to cheap pocket bikes then.

And hey 79's pocket bike is probably alot better quality then the ones i'm talkin about.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 15:55]

smoov
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Tue, 26 October 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi

is this thing still for sale? I may be interested.

cheers

alex
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Tue, 26 October 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My young bloke and a couple of his mates, bought some 50CC PEE WEE's. They had huge amounts of fun, riding them all over Canberra, mainly on the network of bicycle paths, but sometimes on the footpath and off road. They even got a round of applause for doing Mono's through one of the streets that has sidewalk cafe's.
Then one night, just after dining at Macca's, they pushed their bikes across the road to the servo to gas up. The stupid Beeeatch at the servo called the cops. I had to hook up the trailer, and go and collect them all. I convinced the copper's that these things were unregisterable, and to be treated as push bikes! The young guys all ended up with a "Warning" through the post. That was the end of the Pee Wee Adventures.

These same guys bought trail bikes, and a Banshee, and had a great time out in the forest, for a while. Then some dick-head on an unregistered bike knocked down a pedestrian!. Now you cant go near the forest, for fear of getting fined.$1,000.00 to $3,000.00.

So the guys bought a couple of these Pocket Bikes. There was an article in last weeks Canberra paper. Again some "dickhead" This time riding one of the Harley pocket bikes down a main road. Coppers pulled him over. " It has light's and indicators, so I thought I could ride it on the road".Coppers response, get it registered or cop a $1000.00 fine. RTA, no can't be registered as it does not have a compliance plate.
My lad now gets his out a couple times a week, and goes for a quick lap around the block.

These young blokes, don't do drugs, dont drink in excess, and just want to have a bit of fun!. Every way they turn, there is some dick-head, just waiting to foul it up for everyone.

Ah well, had my whinge, time for a beer.

regards Chuck.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Tue, 26 October 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChuckLandwehr wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 18:15

My young bloke and a couple of his mates, bought some 50CC PEE WEE's. They had huge amounts of fun, riding them all over Canberra, mainly on the network of bicycle paths, but sometimes on the footpath and off road. They even got a round of applause for doing Mono's through one of the streets that has sidewalk cafe's.
Then one night, just after dining at Macca's, they pushed their bikes across the road to the servo to gas up. The stupid Beeeatch at the servo called the cops. I had to hook up the trailer, and go and collect them all. I convinced the copper's that these things were unregisterable, and to be treated as push bikes! The young guys all ended up with a "Warning" through the post. That was the end of the Pee Wee Adventures.

These same guys bought trail bikes, and a Banshee, and had a great time out in the forest, for a while. Then some dick-head on an unregistered bike knocked down a pedestrian!. Now you cant go near the forest, for fear of getting fined.$1,000.00 to $3,000.00.

So the guys bought a couple of these Pocket Bikes. There was an article in last weeks Canberra paper. Again some "dickhead" This time riding one of the Harley pocket bikes down a main road. Coppers pulled him over. " It has light's and indicators, so I thought I could ride it on the road".Coppers response, get it registered or cop a $1000.00 fine. RTA, no can't be registered as it does not have a compliance plate.
My lad now gets his out a couple times a week, and goes for a quick lap around the block.

These young blokes, don't do drugs, dont drink in excess, and just want to have a bit of fun!. Every way they turn, there is some dick-head, just waiting to foul it up for everyone.

Ah well, had my whinge, time for a beer.

regards Chuck.

just shows what a fcuked up society we live in and why ppl end up snapping and risregarding the law
general society does the right thing and some tools fcuk it up and we pay as usual and the ones that we supposivelly elect to look after our interests disregard us
smoov
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Tue, 26 October 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never knew a pocket bike could be so political!! Laughing

im still interested. no huge rush.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Wed, 27 October 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent your way smoov
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Wed, 27 October 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn that looks cool fun dude!! saw a guy riding one round uws penrith a week ago... Where do you get such little beasts from?

If its so fun Y selling?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Wed, 27 October 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine from a guy I know... Im selling it because my car needs new front suspension and rego...
smoov
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Wed, 27 October 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm replied Wink
jhalmers
Regular

July 2004
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Fri, 29 October 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a friend who might be interested i'll ask him

Attachment: hugues-hop.jpg
(Size: 39.03KB, Downloaded 49 time(s))

MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sat, 30 October 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit thats air!
How big does that thing launch itself!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Mini superbike... Sat, 30 October 2004 23:03 Go to previous message
SOLD!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTD: cheap Toyota, good condition
Next Topic:super cheap Hyundi Excel