Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Got Rice ? Mon, 11 October 2004 12:40 Go to next message
http://img163.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/5/7/5/4/hk30rb26-img600x450-1097249880p1010026.jpg

http://img163.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/5/7/5/4/hk30rb26-img600x450-1097249914p1010028.jpg

http://img163.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/5/7/5/4/hk30rb26-img600x450-1097249933p1010027.jpg

Send a private message to this user    
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Mon, 11 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.laughatrice.com/ Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Got Rice ? Mon, 11 October 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh my...
poor lil hachi
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got Rice ? Mon, 11 October 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as much as i hate rice on an 86 i gotta love that bodykit *ducks*
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Mon, 11 October 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sad thing is its actualy a japanese car
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Mon, 11 October 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ghey wif teh aids.... Laughing

I have said it before and ill say it again, is it absolutely necessaary to have two monitors 10cm from each other Confused

I must say tho it is a lot nicer than that stupid red one with the chromies that someone posted up here before Laughing

Re: Got Rice ? Mon, 11 October 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks awesome, great creativity. Gotta love that dash!

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Lose the wing, lose the graphics & change the wheels & it may look pretty good, big no no on the interior though Crying or Very Sad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 22:52

that site is a waste of space !

Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 11:55

peeack wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 22:52

that site is a waste of space !

I agree!!! What ever happened to creative thinking and individualism. Now it's just conform to the norm. Rubbish!

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoken like true ricers Rolling Eyes Laughing

Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 12:17

Well if thats what society has deemed it then i guess so. I love all types of mods including rice, because it identifies the persons natural taste. Therefore, I say, on with the mods, rice or not. Tis whatever makes you happy, coz your the one who driving the thing!!!

I think that car look great, although, the graphics, for me, are a little outlandish. However, still awesome!

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JETSPEEDCAMRY wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 11:52

MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 12:17

Well if thats what society has deemed it then i guess so. I love all types of mods including rice, because it identifies the persons natural taste. Therefore, I say, on with the mods, rice or not. Tis whatever makes you happy, coz your the one who driving the thing!!!

I think that car look great, although, the graphics, for me, are a little outlandish. However, still awesome!

Hey thats your opinion and your entitled too it, but my opinion is that laughatrice is an excellent site and the sprinter pcitured above is riced up, with unneccessary items such as two tv's in nearly the same position, a roof scoop, a gay rear wing and an inability to turn oh and of course the decals Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piss off the rims and graphics and interior and it would be pretty cool.
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paint it up Panda-style,re-do the interior with the addition of a roll cage,loose the graphics and rear wing and you'll have yourself one hot looking car in my opinion Very Happy

Lenso Daisy's are one of my favourite rims Laughing
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the majority of people here are saying that any mods other than engine mods are rice and everyone should have a sleeper for a car.

well i guess when my car gets back on the road it will be rice then.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It isn't pure rice: it DOES have the mad-arsed Wilwood brake conversion.

Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:18

so the majority of people here are saying that any mods other than engine mods are rice and everyone should have a sleeper for a car.

Very true. It's like, if you do something to the car that doesn't really affect performance, you doing rice!!! Wtf!? What ever happened to a bit of style? It's seemes to be all about who can beat who now! And that seems a bit silly if your not on a racetrack, coz you can't do over 110 anywhere in Australia anyway!

If you where building a racecar, then i'd understand what your talkn about coz why would you need styling if your goal is to win the race.

Just my 2c.

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you can't do over 110 anywhere in Australia anyway!

yeh u can, there are unlimited speed roads in SA and NT. hell, even on the way to our mallala track the road is unlimited! Wink

Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really? I did not know that.
So what your saying is that, if you had a souped up ummm.. lets say supra for arguments sake, you could do 300km/h+, past a passing copper and they would have nothing to say about it???

Where in SA and NT can u do that "legally"?

notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no street lights plus no posted limit = 100kph with street lights its 60kph
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where the sign posted speed limit is a black circle with a line through it, i know the sturt highway has sections like this.
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sign means 110 to my understanding.
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
100 in nsw, just did my l's for my bike, that was one of the questions
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JETSPEEDCAMRY wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 18:10

Goose wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:18

Very true. It's like, if you do something to the car that doesn't really affect performance, you doing rice!!! Wtf!? What ever happened to a bit of style? It's seemes to be all about who can beat who now! And that seems a bit silly if your not on a racetrack, coz you can't do over 110 anywhere in Australia anyway!

If you where building a racecar, then i'd understand what your talkn about coz why would you need styling if your goal is to win the race.

Just my 2c.

Nothing wrong with a bit of body modding, but if you'll check laughatrice it's mostly laughing at hondas with bodykits that arn't the same colour as the rest of the body etc.
PERSONALLY I don't have a problem with adding a body kit etc to your car, if it's done tastefully. Seeing cars with enormous wings and gaudy body kits isn't a pretty site.
Picture if you will an attractive looking woman, then picture her tarted up with about three kilos of makeup on, a tiny miniskirt and a tiny boob tube (read: prostitute) to me that's ruining a good thing, same deal with cars. A stock Supra is nice to look at, one with a body kit on can look good too, if it's done tastefully.

See where I'm coming from?

Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do see that. For sure. Then the question arrises...who dictates whats "tasteful"? That generally comes down to personal taste. So perhaps, a car with an enourmous wing and different colour kits parts is appealing to someone, as 'laughingatrice' has depicted!

It's really a no ones right situation because it's always each others opinions your battling!

My 3c...

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 12 October 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the term 'rice' originally came from US domestic car owners calling import car owners (mainly hondas), ricers.
these same people who drive hondas 'modify' their car so much that it looks gay still got called ricers.
since then, the term 'ricer' is used to describe anyone who makes their car look out of the ordinary.

cliff notes: ricer = crazy ass bodykits, stickers, altezzas.

i dont care for people who do up their cars for looks, im just glad i dont drive it.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JETSPEEDCAMRY wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 09:10

Looks awesome, great creativity. Gotta love that dash!

You have got to be kidding. Rolling Eyes That thing looks shit. Only 1/4 decent thing is the upgrade of the brakes, but they still chose shit calipers....
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JETSPEEDCAMRY - i guess we can see where you're coming from, and you have a valid point.

BUT the real difference from ones perception is HOW you modify the car. It's not WHAT you do with it.

There is a huge difference between 2 cars that are of the same make/model/colour, one with a custom designed almost artificial body kit to the vehicle's shape and body lines with wrong dimensions and over the top curves as opposed to the other one with a bodykit that SUITS the vehicle, subtle and actually has a somewhat purpose.

I don't think people mean 'if you're not doing performance you're doing rice' rather if the car that is being modified (lets just say for looks only) is done so in a manner in which just DOESN'T SUIT the car.

The AE86 at the top shouldn't be labelled 'rice' as such but rather doing things that just don't suit. Some might think otherwise because they are not accustom to the heritage of the ae86, but each to their own i guess.

To me, give me that car for a day and i'll make it look a thousand times better Cool
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only place i understand is unlimited is the northern territory but to do the speeds you have to be able to prove that your car is capable of doing those speeds safely ie is not in shithouse conditions has brakes that can slow it down from that speed and also that the conditions were safe enough ie no excessive speed after dark when there is thousands of roos on the road.
You can be pulled up by police if they feel your car is not fit to travel at that speed or in those conditions.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the little balc circle with the line through it means the maximum speed set by the state parliament which in most cases it is 100 not 110 or maximum speed Rolling Eyes

In SA it means 110 but in NT it means max speed becuase they do not have a maximum speed set by thier state government. becuase they dont have a state government Smile
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would work for me if it were black and white and the interior wasnt so sh!t. But the kit isnt bad n the mags work.

Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure. The interior comment was sarcastic acutally. I think it looks a little 'bright', which may be good for an autosalon, but otherwise looks a little to outlandish.
Points taken, but once again, there is no justification on who's opinion is correct, because, that all it is.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think rice I think rice is not very nice

Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't become a poet.... Confused

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.laughatrice.com/images/Gallery11/g11p2.jpg

taken from laugh at rice.

This is what I'm talking about when I talk about rice, fake intercooler? nice one :\

Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahahha, point taken.
And agreed.
Laughing

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Thu, 14 October 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those dudes that stand there and laff are soo damn funny Laughing Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Got Rice ? Thu, 14 October 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it... Looks awesome and love those Lenso rims too...
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Sun, 17 October 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks pretty good....... like a toy.
ok 4 instance...... my 89 tx3, sits about 10cms off the floor with a pretty good sound system, and chrome stock wheels..... is this a ricer?
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Sun, 17 October 2004 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to me. rice means something on the car that looks stupid or has no use at all.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got Rice ? Sun, 17 October 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 13:02

the little balc circle with the line through it means the maximum speed set by the state parliament which in most cases it is 100 not 110 or maximum speed Rolling Eyes

In SA it means 110 but in NT it means max speed becuase they do not have a maximum speed set by thier state government. becuase they dont have a state government Smile

i dont care, im still gonna go maximum speed Very Happy

when the cop pulls me over ill say i from NT hehe
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Sun, 17 October 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 08:09

Yeah with SA plates Rolling Eyes

GO HARD ARCH! Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Sun, 17 October 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 08:39

Laughing I'm going to use that saying if I get caught!
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Got Rice ? Sun, 17 October 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always defined rice as fake performance.
eg, you have massive spoilers/bodykit that does nothing or negative to your aerodynamics, that's rice. You've got a fake intercooler, gauges, bonnet scope, that's rice.
If you've got checkerplate dash/grill/boot, or you've got 20 inch heavy-as chrome wheels, then I think it's a fine line between rice and styling. I think it looks stupid as f*ck, but not everyone can have as aweome taste as me Cool *dripping sarcasm*
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Sun, 17 October 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah same here. I always thought that as well, example Hyundai's and Honda's with massive wings and wheels, more show then go etc.
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 19 October 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what gets me are the owner's of rice (using DaveDave's defintion of rice) who actually think their riced up mobiles is quick!! Mad
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 19 October 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeeehah wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 12:52

what gets me are the owner's of rice (using DaveDave's defintion of rice) who actually think their riced up mobiles is quick!! Mad

i like these ones, cos its quite funny when ur like 2-5cars lengths infront and all you can hear is their exhaust at like 6000rpms Laughing
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Tue, 19 October 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would rather have LICE than RICE
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 20 October 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 17:58

Yeeehah wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 12:52

i like these ones, cos its quite funny when ur like 2-5cars lengths infront and all you can hear is their exhaust at like 6000rpms Laughing

lol, thats like this little Mirage thing I raced once. all you could hear from his car was VROOOOOOMMMNMMM (reving constantly around 6000rpm buy the sound of it) and he was getting no where! what makes them think that having an really big exhaust makes the car faster? must be a bigger is better thing? theres some stupid people about No No No
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 20 October 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart, Arnhem and Kakadu Highways all have unlimited speed sections. It's only when you get near towns (ie. 2-3km either side) that you encouter speed restrictions.

Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 12:27

The only place i understand is unlimited is the northern territory but to do the speeds you have to be able to prove that your car is capable of doing those speeds safely ie is not in shithouse conditions has brakes that can slow it down from that speed and also that the conditions were safe enough ie no excessive speed after dark when there is thousands of roos on the road.
You can be pulled up by police if they feel your car is not fit to travel at that speed or in those conditions.

Not necessarily true. I guess they could get you for driving without due care if you were absolutely stupid about it. But saying that, they're probably to busy setting up speed cameras around towns.

If you're the only car on the road and you pass a cop doing 230km/h on an unrestricted road. I don't think he'd actually look twice.

Must get my Soarer's speed limiter overridden and try this out... Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Got Rice ? Wed, 20 October 2004 04:55 Go to previous message
I'm talking about conditions ie the road is torn up after monsoon season and stuff like that
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Supra JZ80>> Looks better with or without spoilers?<<
Next Topic:quote of the year...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 10:49:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008450984954834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.