Toymods » Tech & Conversions » water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION Mon, 18 October 2004 12:30 Go to next message
Okay, just bought a ae82/aw11 mr2 water pump for my bigport converted ae86. i took the old pump off (boths halves of which were cracked) and attempted to fit the ae82/aw11 pump. Turns out while the front half of the pump looks to be almost exactly the same, the back half is different on the pump I took off the motor. It is bigger and more bulbous.

Im thinking its the 4ac rear half with the 4age front half bolted on, in which i would have to buy the rear of a ae86/82 4ac as well... Can someone confirm this?

Should I jsut buy a whole 4ac pump and fit it?

What parts are the correct ones to use.?
thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 06:36]

Send a private message to this user    
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: water pump problems Mon, 18 October 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on, somone must know...
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: water pump problems Tue, 19 October 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone?
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: water pump problems Tue, 19 October 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OKAY, how about I take a few quick pics of the water pump, front and back halves, and can someone try and identify it?
All I need to know is what each half is from so I can replace it.

please?
Sad
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION Tue, 19 October 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone at least confirm that they can help me? i dont wanna have to get out the camera and take pics for nothing?
PLEEAAAAASE
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION Tue, 19 October 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This might be a waste of time asking but i guess it's a start. what type of bigport is your 4AGE, is it RWD or FWD ????.
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION Tue, 19 October 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am honestly not sure.... I dont know how to tell... can anyone help?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION Tue, 19 October 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEARCH, and ye shall find, ye of little patience.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=250013&rid=883&S=e5db93127426871e1877a b77ded513aa
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION Tue, 19 October 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i found out my 4AGE was FWD due to the custom radiator pipe job (good work Jazree!!!). Also i compared my front half of my water pump with a 4ac one and the FWD ones are shorter (i guess cause they don't use belt driven fans). so luckily enough for me only my front half was cracked and finding out it was FWD was a bonus i guess???, because repco got me a brand new pump (front half) for 100 bucks and my problem was solved (all thats left is me to hook up some thermo fans). So i guess if yours has a water piping job that looks dodgy or custom or looks similar to one in WITZL's you have FWD motor. I hope this somehow helps????

P.S WITZL by the way i notcied on your guide you still use the FWD pump, so are you running thermo fans??? or did you attached the RWD fan onto it ????
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: water pump problems -IDENTIFICATION Tue, 19 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous message
my guide uses 100% FWD parts..... yes im running a thermofan, much preferred in my opinion.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:individual coil paks - what else do i need ???
Next Topic:1G-GTE air intake TEMP sensor??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:22:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054278373718262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.