Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » I'm dobbing, u water waster!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 05:32 Go to next message
Hi,

The guy next door washes his car all the time. I told him a few days ago that there are restrictions and we'd all like to wash our cars, but we can't, and to have some respect for our diminishing supply.

He told me to phark off.

So, he was at it again today and I dobbed the bastard in. I'm gonna watch this turd like a hawk now and ping him each time he does it. He's a thoughtless twat.

Dobber Dobber Dobber!!!!!! na na nanan na naaaa Very Happy

seeyuzz
river
  Send a private message to this user    
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah... Recycled water... What restrictions???
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Wish I had recylced water Sad

seeyuzz
river
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still don't get to wash my car too often anyway.

But the grass is green. Very Happy
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go River!
There's a few people who live around me that enjoy washing their driveways. Really stupid.
With a name like River you could become a water saving vigilante, all you need is a sack of doorknobs.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wears nappies!!
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is he using a on off hose or just normal hose. coz on off hose uses less water than a standard bucket
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon that good...selfish cunts Twisted Evil

some chick down the street water the driveway from leaves (im talking 20minute watering, not quick spray)...it'd be alot easier and better to sweep Very Happy
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well done River! Stick it to him!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u are a dobber and dobbers are babies..you bit your dog and now u got rabies Very Happy
good on ya man,i hate fukktards who dont adhere to the water restrictions especially to wash their driveway,its generally a good indication of a very bored housewife Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Intensevil wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 16:19

is he using a on off hose or just normal hose. coz on off hose uses less water than a standard bucket

A normal hose. He adjusts it down between sprays, but it's still running. I also reckon an on/off hose is more efficient than a bucket.

seeyuzz
river (soon to be "Dry Lake bed")
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Disconnect his water supply and set his car on fire. See how much he enjoys washing his car now Evil or Very Mad
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat if he is like one of those ppl who r like "a little more water can fix it!" Confused

burnt out car pool!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turn the water main off out the front of his house
and do it over and over and over and over again
maybe then he'll learn the lesson
if not, you'll have some cheap fun
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 19:23

turn the water main off out the front of his house
and do it over and over and over and over again
maybe then he'll learn the lesson
if not, you'll have some cheap fun

i second that
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It might be a good idea to make sure that the person you want to take this water saving crusade to is not a highly influential member of your local "above the law" representative.

Saving water is a good thing - Fixing knee caps and broken ribs not such be a good thing.

my 2 cents.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cook his dog infront of him Evil or Very Mad
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw: i love animals and would never intensionally hurt one
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River

If only i had the recipe for Greek Fire mate, then that would be a laugh.

Throw onto car, and ignite.

If one adds water, the flames just get bigger and spread.

Fun for the whole family Evil or Very Mad
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 12 October 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good job river.
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 15:33

Recycled water may be good for the garden, but it's crap for washing cars...

Leaves streaks and other gunky contaminants on the paintwork after it dries everytime friends of mine have washed their cars in these areas where they live...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant stand the restrictions where we aer in Campbelltown all our damns are close or above 70% full we dont get any water from warrgamba and yet still have to put up with the stupid restrictions. When thousands of litres of water leak from the pipe line every day I dont see how me washing my car with a hose which uses less water than the equivalent buckets is wasting water.
I agree with the restrictions with morons that wash down the driveway by as broom or a blower vac but for christ sake our cars will rust if we dont wash underneath the mudguard wish is impossible to do with a bucket soimething to do with gravity.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I got a few of them around me. Washing their driveways and leave the hose running while they wash their cars. Is it that hard to use a bucket, and park it on the grass while washing? Mostly wogs.

sated, I think you're over reacting a bit.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he could have a water tank... check before u dob...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River how do you hose off the suds when you clean your car?

EDIT: Shraka whats your problem with wogs dude??

i have noticed you used that word a lot lately and not usually in a good way Confused

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 03:56]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u use a bucket of if you are smart a watering can
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh i dont care anyway the water restrictions havent affected my car washing habits anyway because i use those self serve thingies at BP and i can get the pimper clean in less that five minutes Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

No, he hasn't got a tank. Nor does he have recycled water.

I take my car once a month - maybe longer, maybe less, depending on how dirty it is, to the autowash thing that uses recycled water. I'd love to be able to wash my own car and, like some others here, it's not easy with buckets and watering cans. Furthermore, it's not as efficient as an on/off hose, but alas we cannot use such a thing with the current restrictions.

Although I'm not happy about the restrictions, especially as a fair percentage of our water is lost due to leaky pipes, I do my bit and abide by the restrictions. Fresh water is becoming scarce and we need it to live and it's pretty important to try and not waste it.

As far as you people who witness thoughtless assholes hosing down their driveways (which is IMO worse than washing your car), I certainly hope that you post a message here that you dobbed the buggers in. You dob them in on-line - just search "water restrictions" on Yahoo Australia, or your preferred search engine. All you need to do is enter their address, what they were doing and the time they did it.

Imagine your joy and satisfaction when they cop a nice fine when the "Water Restrictions" car pays them a visit.

seeyuzz
river
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because i'm living out in the country, a restriction on water usage is pretty normal so i've gotten that way that i use my imagination and pretend that the car is not a dull red but bright red (glowing in fact) from its fresh wash and wax job.
While on the other side of the fence the neighbor rather enjoys starting his water pump up around 6 in the morning and shutting it off around 6 that night. Chugga chugga chugga chugga all day long just to water a patch of grass.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 12:50

I cant stand the restrictions where we aer in Campbelltown all our damns are close or above 70% full we dont get any water from warrgamba and yet still have to put up with the stupid restrictions. When thousands of litres of water leak from the pipe line every day I dont see how me washing my car with a hose which uses less water than the equivalent buckets is wasting water.

every drop counts i guess.
true that alot of water is wasted everyday (2 weeks ago a water line burst in the city and it took a few hours for the council to fix) but think about the upcoming bushfire season.
dazza
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Thu, 14 October 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 15:33

yep the only way to go Laughing
i love it when the crawlers (people that go to the home world down the road and then drive around the estate) drive past and im washing my cars with the hose . man i get some dirty looks .
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Thu, 14 October 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since we're on the subject of dobbing, what do people think of people who throw their cigarette buts out the window, especially in summer? you see it all the time, and i thought it was highly unlikely but i have witnessed them start fires. i never usually dob for things like that (usually just bitch to the missus) but when you think what bushfires can cost all for the sake of putting the but in the ashtray... makes me angry!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Mon, 18 October 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When summer hit we always use ashtrays.
I only throw my butt out if there is nobody behind me.
As i have a friends who got burnt from a butt while riding his motor bike.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Mon, 18 October 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 12:57

When summer hit we always use ashtrays.
I only throw my butt out if there is nobody behind me.
As i have a friends who got burnt from a butt while riding his motor bike.

You shouldn't throw them out at any time of the year. It's called littering, and if you continue to do it, you're not an australian that loves this country, you're a communist.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Mon, 18 October 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone tried using a watering can for their car?
Gets the rinse off effect & doesn't use much water.

Got for it, River.
I see too much of that crap around, including throwing cigarette butts outs the window.
Ever seen an animal choke on one? It ain't pretty.
Oh... & I'm authorised to hit you up for a $200 on the spot fine if I see you do it Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

BTW joyride, the council's in Sydney don't look after the water supply & sewerage. That's Sydney Water's job, & more than likely it was hit by a private contractor & they couldn't get a crew there any earlier. We've actually hooked up a water cart & started sucking up some of the water at a major leak before. Free water & its not going to waste.
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Mon, 18 October 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I belive people that live the the near Oylimpics have no water restrictions due to a new concept filtration system there that means that they allready have recycled water.
I guess the only real way of getting presure is getting one of them weed spraying things with pump action lol.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Mon, 18 October 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, the Olympic Village was designed to be "green" in that it has recycled water and other energy and resource saving measures incorporated into them.

The best thing to do to butt-chuckers when they're stopped at the lights and chuck out a butt, is to pick it up and flick it into the back seat of their car and say "You dropped your butt mate", then walk off. I've seen more than one person scramble to find the smouldering butt in the back of their car. Smile

seeyuzz
river

tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 19 October 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Apollo wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 14:08]

You shouldn't throw them out at any time of the year. It's called littering, and if you continue to do it, you're not an australian that loves this country, you're a communist.

That could be one of the stupidest things I've read. I don't condone littering, especially throwing cigarette buts away carelessly, but comparing littering to communism? Do you know what communism is?
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Tue, 19 October 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuckin smokers.......
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Wed, 20 October 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 23:36

fuckin smokers.......

I'm a responsible smoker Razz I don't smoke in my car anymore (used to smoke in my old car) but I never threw butts out of the window, that's what the ashtray is for! I also hate the people who need to empty their ashtray in the local carpark, side of the road or wherever instead of walking 50m to the nearest bin...

It's dickheads like that who give all smokers a bad name Mad

And on the topic of water, i've always washed my car with a bucket & sponge, even before the water restrictions. I did like to rinse the suds off with a hose, now I waste more water rinsing the car with another bucket of clean water instead of a quick 20 seconds with the spray gun...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Thu, 21 October 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 23:13]
Apollo wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 14:08

That could be one of the stupidest things I've read. I don't condone littering, especially throwing cigarette buts away carelessly, but comparing littering to communism? Do you know what communism is?

i think your a commie!!!
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Thu, 21 October 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youze all red loverz
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Thu, 21 October 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=EVOSTi wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 20:13]
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 23:13

Apollo wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 14:08

i think your a commie!!!

You'd be wrong
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Thu, 21 October 2004 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I can't ash inside the car because it's not my car and there are coins in the in-car ashtray. So yeah I do chuck my butts out the window Confused
I DO look out to see if anyone's behind me or anything.. Rolling Eyes
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hose my butts out Laughing
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I usually do one of two things when smoking in a car,i usually just rolland remove the last bit of lit tobacco out the window,and then put the but in the ashtray,or have a 600ml bottle with a bit of water in it to put the buts into.pretty easy...
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lots of me me me...

Sure the 10L of water you use isn't much compared to a leaky pipe. But when you multiply 10L * 7 Million people in the Sydney metro area, 70 Megalitres is a fair bit, but selfish bastards think they are more important than everyone else.

As for the cigarette butts, smokers should all go to hell! Smile Smoke related illness use a large percentage of the health budget, account for a considerable amount of litter, start house fires, start bush fires. But because we can tax the fucking things they are legal - other drug, for which addiction is less costly to the taxpayer are not legal go figure.

That and some filthy prick threw his butt out the window, it landed on my bonnet where i have a nice little char in my paint. Not happy Jan!

/rant
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just dont smoke

cleaner for the environment and my lungs
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: I'm dobbing, u water waster!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 11:46 Go to previous message
you know the nice little spark display a cigarette makes on the road when you throw it out the window at night? i got that on my windshield... from a cop car Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sending funds overseas... ?
Next Topic:Need help with a computer problem guys!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:53:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077700614929199 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.