Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 04:13 Go to next message
I think a convincing case can be made for either side.

For the racer, the thrill of throwing their car around a track or fast corners, outrunning slower cars and/or burning down the quater mile is an adrenalin rush that is hard to top.
However you have the down sides, like speeding tickets and road accidents if done in public. Possible harm or death to yourself if on the track. Costs involved in replacing worn suspension, brakes, tires, bashed bodywork e.t.c. The cost of track days. The cost of making a fast car that handles well. The fact the car rattles your teeth when running over small bumps in the road e.t.c.

For the ricer, the quality sound system, the looks they get, the comfort of a nice interior, the fact they love looking at their car and being in it is satisfying enough. It is also much cheaper to put a sound system in a car and make it look better then it is to make a fast car that handles well, requires little to no knowledge about cars either.
However things can get way out of hand. When a car is made out to look fast or like a race car when it isn't; e.g massive rear spoiler on a hyundai excel and coffee can exhaust on top of 140db sub woofers annoying the hell out of everyone, then the word rice is justified.

I think modifying a car can be done stylishly and tastefully without having to be a racecar or a circuit car, as long as it isn't pretending to be something it isn't then it should be fine. My 2c Very Happy

Send a private message to this user    
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every one likes different things that is all it comes down to...
idealy i would luv to have a leather interior in my sprinter, but i wont to use it for track to so it ant really an ideal idea as the money could be better used else were..
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to put a 20v and l.s.d and coilovers e.t.c in my sprinter. But untill I can justify the costs and the loan I'm sticking to the nice stereo and looks for now Smile
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what if you want both, i'm going for the nice interiour nice sound system, nice exterior with a 2jz to boot would this b rice or nice ?
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it really depends if it's over the top or not.
As long as the interior isn't covered in yellow neon and green and pink leather with 3 dvd players and 5 sub woofers.
I'm aiming for the same thing actually, sound system based on sound quality, nice comfortable interior using a 2 colour scheme. On top of the 20v e.t.c.
I'd say if your car looks good and goes well then you've got yourself a mighty fine car, not rice or race Very Happy
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Qtr mile drag racing does not do anything for me.

When you race it, you appreciate the engineering and thought thats gone in to a design. A totally standard car be enjoyed on track. Bricks for springs gives a bone jarring ride. Well matched spring and shock rates dont.

Looking nice is subjective. Stereos will always sound better in a theater environment and i have not seen a single fibreglassed car out there with lines that can compare with a stock M3 (subjective again).

And a car does not have to be fast to race.

Like this stock bottom end 4age sprinter here:
----------------------------------------------
http://www.classicrally.com.au/Speed%20Dome%20Resu lts%20July%202003.htm

my 2 cents.

cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Looking nice is subjective. Stereos will always sound better in a theater environment and i have not seen a single fibreglassed car out there with lines that can compare with a stock M3 (subjective again)."

And I haven't seen a car yet then can be driven faster then a jet airplane. Unfortunately not everyone can afford to own or fly a jet. So altho a stock Lambo or Ferrari or Bmw definately look better and classier then our comparitive shitboxes at least we can try and make ours look better then when they rolled out of the factory.
Of course home theatre is superiour to in car audio, that was never the point. We're on this forum about cars because we are all car enthusiasts in one way or another. I personally spend far more time commuting in my car then I do sitting in my loungeroom however, and I listen to music far more often in my car. So for me getting an aucostically superior set up in my home would be pointless.

"When you race it, you appreciate the engineering and thought thats gone in to a design."

I think you can also say when you modify a cars looks you can do the same thing from an aesthetic perspective. I don't think either way of going about modifying your car is more or less justified, it's all subjective Smile

Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well looking at all black blue and chrome interior with custom covered standard seats with DLS and Alpine audio custom boot install and possibly door trims all colour matched all custom and gun metal grey with blue pirl graphics on the bonnet and sides of the coloured lowered for better handling on aftermarket rims but nothing too big so i can still turn.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cytribe wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 14:13

When a car is made out to look fast or like a race car when it isn't; e.g massive rear spoiler on a hyundai excel and coffee can exhaust on top of 140db sub woofers annoying the hell out of everyone, then the word rice is justified.

There you go. That is the shit side of car modifying. Smile

I had a car that wasn't a track car wasn't super fast but i made it look good and it had leather interior, a nice CD changer, (No subs.) rims, exhaust, air filter, EBC brakes....and it wasn't a jap racer but a luxo Euro car and if you do looks tastefully and subtly it can be great.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/656/1546-12sma-med.jpg

But putting 20 inch spinners on a skyline or ruining a nice jap car is absolute sacrilege. Mad But who cares if people put rims on Excels and shit. If we just ignore them then that will piss them off, or if we flog them off the lights Very Happy
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice VW Cool All it needs is candy apple pink paint, Type R vinyl graphics, 21" chrome spinners, a 20" sub and a double decker GT replica wing Laughing
Seriously tho, nice car
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cytribe wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 15:28

Nice VW Cool All it needs is candy apple pink paint, Type R vinyl graphics, 21" chrome spinners, a 20" sub and a double decker GT replica wing Laughing
Seriously tho, nice car

haha. Couldn't afford it Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 05:33]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think everyone should own two cars...one for going flat out around tracks, and one car to cruise around nice'n'easy in.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill have my "race rice" ae86 Very Happy

a bitta both worlds, nice looking, carbon fibre bonnet, showy wheels (i spose) with race spec parts and engine and a small stereo/nice interior but with race bucket and harness and a half cage

blend it up, nothing says yu gotta be black or white
im a grey man myself Very Happy
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The two cars idea would be great if you could afford it.
I guess plenty of people who own showcars drive round in Barinas most of the time and keep their car in a garage, for shows or weekend cruises.
By the same token plenty of people who own track cars do the same untill race days and events.
Many times I've considered buying a boring late 90's car for reliability and keeping the sprinter as a project car, I'm still toying with the idea.
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"im a grey man myself" I so badly misread that at first Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cytribe wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 16:53

"im a grey man myself" I so badly misread that at first Laughing

hahaha

are you sure about that?..... baby cakes? Laughing Very Happy
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey!! I'm not gay.... the guys I have sex with are tho Laughing
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm much more interested in the idea of doing track work...

car than handles and has power, too much show just brings unwanted attention. it's all a personal thing, although i do intend on owning a TA22 that has both, nice clean interior, good paint and performance to match the looks Smile
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHA!
I'm a race man myself. I don't mind a simple body kit with a nice set of mags but i'll never get tired of being slammed into the back of the seat. My car's exterior isn't in the best shape, nothing major just a few little rust spots. Id rather pour money into performance than looks, but a bit of looks is always good. After all, no one wants a fast car that looks like an absolute heap of shit!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm planning on pimping the TA-23 a bit but still planning on having good suspension (working on that one), good brakes (4 pot fronts, single pot discs rear), and a sweet engine (~80hp/litre NA 2.2L EFI donk). Then the interior is going to be almost all custom with amp/stereo and who knows what else I'll chuck in there! I still need to sort out whether or not to have A/C....maybe piddly little A/C but gotta keep the weight down Smile Must be fast too!
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think there is any place for RICE,most cars can be done up really nice without going stupid on them.I would like nothing more than a black Honda accord euro dumped with big rimms mild body kit with optional extra grey leather with a nice system.. i dont believe this is rice,it certainly isnt race tho but more of a really nice cruiser...i think how you drive it from there can also dictate wether ur a ricer aswell,,like if I saw that same car with a young bloke racing around like a dickhead trying to calve up traffic but going nowhere and when you pull up next to him you can hardly see the bloke cause his seat is wound right back then id probably go "fukken ricer"..so there is alot of grey...but i seriously have no time for cars that try and look like race cars but have nothing done to them internally...
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried the 2 car thing.
Now i have a 1991 pulsar vector sss, with nice sterio, and tint. Coincidenatally it has a dead alternator.
The other is an on going on the raod project KE30.

I don't car about the SSS anymore, i just wanna fix it and flog it off with the sterio and pour all of my funds into the rolla.

Atleast that car has a sense of style and appeal to old and young.

The thing about rice, i just don't get anymore. The car has to be practcal from my point of view and not from the viewer. Now I don't give a toss if you don't like my KE30. I am building it for me and thats all that matters.

As my final line, I say whatever you do, do it for yourself and not for the people on the side of the road. At the end of the day it all comes from your pocket. Personally i prefer race style, I don't care how loud or uncomfrotable it is, as long as it beats a holden V8 I am happy!
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well said riceburna73, I think it definately can be about attitude as well. If some Fat Pizza rejects in wife beaters with backwards caps and huge gold jewelery are lapping the car around a cafe strip booming the stereo with the windows down, then it doesn't matter how good the car looks, the car and everyone in it is immediately labled a joke.
Or if some young hoon is cutting in front of traffic, reving the tits off a standard family car with a big exhaust and generally being and idiot then that definately would label him and the car a joke in my book.
As I mentioned before I think one of the true meanings of rice is making a stock slow car appear to be a race car through stickers and spoilers and bonnet scoops etc. I see no problem in blending form and function but no point in pretending to have something you haven't. Cool
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My preference is race over rice , though i have made alot of visual changes on my car that look good but with subtlety written all over it. All panels and modifications have been form the factory toyota parts bin - and were available thru the showroom bar for my rims + frontmount .

I also like the terms " adjustable " and " programmable "

These feature in my car so i can tailor it to the environment im playing in..

Adjustable suspensiion , made stiffer or balanced for track work at a later date , and reverse adjustable for softer cruising on the highway driving

ECU is also setup with two distinct settings - one for higher more aggressive work , the other still utilising power , but a lot more street friendly ..

I LOATHE the whole Excel im a f1 driver wannabe type , but can appreciate work that may be considered rice , if other "real" work has gone on around it

Andrews rav 4 is a perfect example , not taking away from the guy at all .. He has Combined adonising , body changes bling and all the " rice " labelled attributes , and put them over what will be an absolutlely ballistic one of a kind swap in a modified st205 GT4 running gear setup. Kudos to the guy for that!

personal oppionon sways this one - appreciate the guys ho make a true effort , brush off the guys who think they are gods gift to driving in " mums taxi"

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The way I see it 'racer' is for the racetrack...anyone imitating it on the street in a rice-mobile or a serious beast is a tosser - yeah Razz

I think there are some things that are just bad taste...like the original batman TV series Very Happy (actually it is intended to be funny and in camp taste, so I guess it's not so bad).

The problem is that some of these ricers just take it so damn seriously. Some of them don't - for example, there is no way in hell this guy is serious laugh@rice. But others think they are god's gift to women (not driving) just because they dress like a pimp and their car's exhaust scrapes along the ground. That is ghey.

Stylin' is good, pimp stylin' isn't.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imho id start of with a show car with a diet of slight rice that ended up as a race car with plenty of go
basically it would be a continous evolution from show to go after its doen the show side of things
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am definitely a racer! Although, I do have 2 cars. One is just a stocker daily driver which I will put my stereo into. It is a pretty good stereo as I used to be into that more than performance.

I then slowly evolved into the speed freak which I think I now am Smile

For a car to look nice, just has to have some thought put into it and some tasteful mods.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
totally

race over rice
btu with subtle styled visual aspects
nothing 'gaudy' and 'played-out'
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Motorsport and the appreciation of cars is like sex, in that it is not a spectator sport.

Its not meant to be enjoyed at a distance. And in truth its only as exclusive as you want it to be. You can race just about anything. As with sex some people have the warped belief - even without trying - that its just not for them.

Cars on the other hand are like women - in that they are built to be enjoyed.

Not a wall ornament and best not to be made / augmented / morfed into something un natural. in my opinion they are quite decent as they are. Some do prefer women to have physical augmentations. This not natural and is often dangerous in the long term. I prefer mine fit and healthy just as it rolled out of the factory.

Now we come to the important part.
Racing is like being a porn star.

Not everyone can do it well as it takes hard work. Alot of people brag, tell fibs etc but few have put the time and effort to master the craft. Only a pornstar knows what it feels like to be a porn star. There are many on the side who buy porn but a porn star they are not. Amatures without developed talent soon realise that the augmentations once bragged about and admired from afar amounts to nothing when its time to get down and dirty. The true porn star great doesnt need a particular model to work with. With his talent and aquired adaptability it is easy to go from model to model - with quick and often instant success. The ones who focus purely on physical augmentations might find it hard to understand this.

In short...

You can learn to drive like a porn star or you can sit at maccas talking about it.

cytribe wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 13:03

And I haven't seen a car yet then can be driven faster then a jet airplane. Unfortunately not everyone can afford to own or fly a jet. So altho a stock Lambo or Ferrari or Bmw definately look better and classier then our comparitive shitboxes at least we can try and make ours look better then when they rolled out of the factory.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 11:10]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

sated wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 21:03

I prefer mine fit and healthy just as it rolled out of the factory.

Interesting point, and one which brings another element to the party - "the restore".

I like to see old classics the way they were built. Nothing nicer than to see an old classic Toyota look like it's just come out of the showroom. Original engine, running gear, wheels, seats, dashboard - everything back to how it was built, and in pristine condition. Lovely stuff.

I'm not into rice all that much. It reeks of "wannabe", but each to their own. I appreciate the racer mods and effort spent in making their car a vehicle that handles and performs better than the designers intended. And, I admire the restorer who has the tenacity and skills to get an old car back to original.

So, the question now would be, "Do you rice, race, or restore?"

seeyuzz
river
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prefer the race mods, its all under the bonnet and in the car, no one can see, less likely to be broken into.....
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 21:35

Hi,

sated wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 21:03

I prefer mine fit and healthy just as it rolled out of the factory.

Interesting point, and one which brings another element to the party - "the restore".

I like to see old classics the way they were built. Nothing nicer than to see an old classic Toyota look like it's just come out of the showroom. Original engine, running gear, wheels, seats, dashboard - everything back to how it was built, and in pristine condition. Lovely stuff.

I'm not into rice all that much. It reeks of "wannabe", but each to their own. I appreciate the racer mods and effort spent in making their car a vehicle that handles and performs better than the designers intended. And, I admire the restorer who has the tenacity and skills to get an old car back to original.

So, the question now would be, "Do you rice, race, or restore?"

seeyuzz
river

would it be a rice if my aus spec sprinter had a jap spec hatch with "APEX Twincam16" and "Toyota Sprinter TRUENO" Confused
any one wanna swap Rolling Eyes
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

rthy wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 22:23

would it be a rice if my aus spec sprinter had a jap spec hatch with "APEX Twincam16" and "Toyota Sprinter TRUENO" Confused
any one wanna swap Rolling Eyes

That depends upon your definition of rice, and everyone has a different definition. As previously mentioned in this thread, ricing also requires dumb-ass wannabe attitude.

I don't mind if you put stickers over your car and body kits, nice mags and such stuff. If you think it makes your car look good - and, some ricing mods do look nice - then fine. It's your car, your money, your style & taste and you do it to please yourself. But, if you whack zorsts the size of garbage cans and masif fuck-off rear wings and some of the other "over the top" absurdities (look at some of the pics in previous ricer topics in these forums), then, IMHO, it gets a bit too much.

Furthermore, driving something like this, when it's stock under the hood, and thinking you're Mr Fast&Furious, definately makes you a laughable ricer.

But, you're not like that, are you? Smile

seeyuzz
river
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, the stickers are STOCK Shocked
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it would, cause it indicates that your car has got something it hasn't.. The GT APEX factory options!

but that's excusable, cause you couldn't help it now can you?

Laughing
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sated: You make an interesting points, who'd have thought that on an internet forum porn would be a logical analogy Laughing
I could relate it not to sex but to the women herself. Sure when you're having sex (driving fast legally round racetracks, quater miles, rallies etc etc) everythings great and you really prove yourself performance wise.
However what if the girl you are banging is an ugly trog who you wouldn't be seen dead with in public?, sure she might go like the clappers in the bedroom, but in public she looks and sounds like a total slapper. While some would be happy because others have less chance of wanting to steal their girl, many would prefer to give her to a gym, get her some nice clothes, give her a facial....the other kind Very Happy
A so called "trophy babe" is what some guys are after. Sure they might only have sex once in a while but looking good and getting the admiration of their peers is all they care about. Her ability to make music and life a bit more cruisy is what they are after.
Both are having a good time, just in different ways Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont wanna take of the stickers cos someone else might wanna have the nice jap spec hatch in the future Cool

and wats this stuff about p0rn n shit Confused
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh i get ya point dood! Wink

cytribe wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 20:44

However what if the girl you are banging is an ugly trog who you wouldn't be seen dead with in public?, sure she might go like the clappers in the bedroom, but in public she looks and sounds like a total slapper. While some would be happy because others have less chance of wanting to steal their girl, many would prefer to give her to a gym, get her some nice clothes, give her a facial....the other kind Very Happy
A so called "trophy babe" is what some guys are after. Sure they might only have sex once in a while but looking good and getting the admiration of their peers is all they care about. Her ability to make music and life a bit more cruisy is what they are after.
Both are having a good time, just in different ways Very Happy

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like rice in all its forms.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rsturzen/f00lyjaX0r2.jpg

Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tend to prefer brown rice rather than white.
Razz

Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 19 October 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now, because i have a few minutes up my sleeve i will tell you about my good mate Rick, who bought this car a couple of months ago from a guy heading out to the USA. its an ae86 chassis, has this chameleon paint, now none of us are too fond of the paint the only people who seem to like it are women and showboaters. Rick has even had the thought of stripping the body and swapping chassis because the paint that seems to be about 6 colors and never decides on one pains him so much. the only reason why he bought this car is cos it has a 3SGTE ( genII ) with a GT30 on the side, autronic, hilux diff, full suspension package etc etc its a complete " no more to spend" car... just wanted to point out that even when you can have i suppose the 'best' of both worlds its not really appealing to us all in the slightest.

pic of car : was bought for 13k by the way, making about 280rwkw

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/SE86.jpg
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Wed, 20 October 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 08:57

now that things a weapon!! Razz add massive chromies and a big rear wing and that will be the ultimate ricer Razz
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Wed, 20 October 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with what everyone on here is saying, in relation to ones perception of rice being subjective. That, I think is the beauty of our scene.

Theres nothing more I hate than pulling up next to your average comonwhore, cheap replacement, or factory speakers blaring, music distorting, cheap 12's rattling the bootlid windows down, blariing R rated gangster rap(I'm an underground fan, so don't hate.) Its these idiots that give us a bad name.

My car, an AE101 Corolla, has seen me through a variety of different stages of my life. I went through the whole subs, and rims stage, with 18's and loud as fark system. No engine mods, bar a fat exhaust. As I grew older, and subsequantly more wiser (I hope Razz) I saw the need to do away with all that.

Now my babys getting a 4AGTE slapped between her struts, and a Sound Quality system (my first love is car audio) installed. The point I guess I'm trying to make is, the car scene is evolving. And even though we are all classed in under the same demographic umberella, we are all as unique as the cars we drive. Hence I'd more inclined to support as much diversity as possible, as long as it doens't in turn lead to black mark against us as a whole...

Cheers
Soapy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Wed, 20 October 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Totally agree. I hate it when you pull up to a Commodore with total shitty gangster crap music playing, Play us some Grunge,Punk,Hard Rock,Heavy Metal, anything but this crap they play!

I have a stereo in the Camry, Pioneer Mosfet 50x4 watt, 4-inch 100watt speakers in the front and 6-inch 150 watt speakers at the back which are ampd to a 250watt Kenwood amp. everyone reckons I should get subs, but stuff that! the Speakers in mine are loud enough. if I wanted to blearing Bass I'd get subs. although I reckon the music I listen to has heaps more bass then there gangster shit anyway. the good thing is with the stereo I have now is I can just turn it up so I can't hear there gangster music. so it's all good he he he
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Wed, 20 October 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my personal hates are Shopping Lists and Neons!

i like jokes like cardboard kits on sigmas, as long as the owner is joking....
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Wed, 20 October 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adsport: That sprinter looks almost exactly like one I saw in Hot4's a while ago, owned by John Roberts if memory serves correctly. Had a 356hp 3s-gte conversion, full suspension upgrade, imported jap spec interior and chameleon paint that went from burgundy to red to gold. The only difference being the mags were 17's tho I guess for track work you'd downsize anyway.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Wed, 20 October 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't be hatin rap just coz some commonwhores listen to it. i prefer underground myself no way you would catch me driving along listening to some sell out b#$*% with bleached hair. give me some Twizted, Esham, Tech N9ne, ICP, Halfbreed, ABK, Necro, Ill Bill any day hell i even go cruisin listening to Grand master flash and the furious five.

But once again its personal choice.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Sat, 23 October 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

gianttomato wrote on Wed, 20 October 2004 08:57

come on the puzzle pice gives it 50 hp

http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/;_ylt=ApdFQ1CS7SFaCVrY.tPmfnQW5gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shibbyshack.com%2Fthebin%2Fpics%2Fricer.jpg

neo
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Sat, 23 October 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goose necro is so messed up lol
good producer though...
i recently found out that necro and ill bill are brothers lol
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Mon, 15 November 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally... I'd rather spend 1700 on springs, shocks and swaybars and enjoy the benifits I get from having a car that responds in ways it never could, takes corners faster than it ever could rather than spending 1600 on subs and amps because I know that listeining to some deep bass while pedestrians look on as I drive by just isnt going to give me the satisfaction that I want...

If I had two cars... Ideally one would be of the Mazda Cosmo calibur... leave it basically stock because theyre such smooth cars to drive and comfortable...

and a fairly modified S2000, the screaming NA engine and razor sharp chassis all working together as I zoom through some winding roads...

It just seems useless to me... to blow 2 grand on wheels, then 2 grand on stereos... what for???
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Mon, 15 November 2004 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL craig.. i like the wagon
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Rice vs Race...Show vs Go Tue, 16 November 2004 17:20 Go to previous message
i dont know what you would call this....

a mate of mine had this MAZDA 323 1979 RWD, he had like exhaust and suspension works, he has redone the interiors and fitted shitloads of speakers mind you the wiring scattered all over inside the car and was bad enuff to be mistaken being inside a computer case.. he had like 2 1500 watt rms amplifiers and those massive JL dual subwoofer boxes..

lolz we used to cruise in chapel street with this little car and ppl just look and wonder where those heavy bass coming from, by mentality, ppl expect these clear ass and heavy bass are coming from a fully riced up car... but wrong!!! we just laugh at their faces filled with disappointment that its actually coming from an ultimate shitbox... heh

aside from the car bieng so done up interior wise, the owner had and did performed crazy things with it, as he was crazy enuff to let this car loose off the ground in the wet and if there were dry days he would even try catching up with other done up cars and try keep up with them... this kid gut guts.. hahahha, mind u the car even manage to carry 4 people clocked up to 176kms.. that was some funnys shit.

ahhh brings me fun and scary memories..

so what does that make him? a ricer or racer?

he payed for the car like 800 bucks
the systems costed like 5k
hmmmm....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What rims are these?
Next Topic:Updated My RA28 Project car! with pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:25:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079410076141357 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar