Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dunk
Newcomer

October 2004
icon5.gif  Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Mon, 18 October 2004 14:11 Go to next message
Hi all,

This is my first post. I have searched the forum but found nothing related. I hope this is the right section to post.

Firstly, I know very little about technical aspect of the car, please feel free to correct me.

My family has a 1998 2.2 automatic Camry, we have had/having quite a few technical problems with the car and wondering if they are common. Or have I just got a lemon?

In short, I am fairly disappointed with its build quality and the dealer's service.

Problems:

1) Weird noise from engine
As from the very beginning there was a weird noise from the engine if you do the following:

Say the car is parked, if I reverse the car and then go forward, when you first step on the brake while it's going forward, you will immediately hear the noise. It sounds to me that one component is hitting another. This happens 2 out of 3 times.

The car was then brought to the dealer, the technician then did a test drive and told my mum "Ok, this Eng Mtft v497 part needs to be replaced, I will order it from somewhere else (Sydney?)."
Since the car was still on a new car warranty, no payment was required.

But that did not get rid of the noise at all, the noise continues and we get used to that.

2) Drive shaft boot
In the 60,000kms service, I have been told that I may need to replace one of the shaft boots, the service advisor said that the matter was not urgent, so I didn't pay much attention to it.
Ironically in the 70,000kms service, the service report had a tick on the drive shaft boots saying that they are fine.
In the recent 80,000kms service, I was told that I need to replace both shaft and each would cost around $300 + labour.

I am not sure how many or which sides needs to be replaced but all I know is... the bill would cost $300 x 2 + labour as extra....

I have asked other friends and they said that the drive shaft damages is most likely to be caused by going over road bumps ramps too fast, my mum always drive this car and she drive over ramps/bumps very very slowly....

Is 5 years and 80,000kms a usual life for those shaft boots?

3) Break noise
Constant break noise when you bring the car to a complete stop, the dealer was told about it and every time they said there is dust inside and it should be fine by now..

This has been going on for a few years now, I feel like I am driving a taxi sometimes!!

I don't think this is a common problem with this type of Camry, right?

4) Faulty lights/signals

One particular boot brake lights were replaced four times in a year.
And recently, one of the indicators would flash faster than the other side, saying it has a faulty light bulb but after a while, it works fine again.

Same goes with the interior light.

I have had a minor accident a few years back, don't know if it would affect that. The car was only lightly damaged, the repair bill costs under $1,000.

5) Battery

A few days after the recent 80,000kms service, the battery was gone and was replaced with a new one from RACQ. But it somehow make the engine start-up less smooth, it takes even longer. I suppose engine start-up should be pretty smooth right after a service.

I have been told by Toyota before that the RACQ put the wrong battery in, the correct one should be a N49 type. But the new battery RACQ put in has nothing related to N49, it only says

RACQ
58VT
CCA 440
RC95

Is that a compatible one?

Please offer me any advice/suggestions/comments. I am not whinging here, I have just sent a letter to dealer's the customer service department.

Any help would be really great

Thank you

Dunk

Update: added the previously unknown part which was replaced

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 10:31]

Send a private message to this user    
colouring_in_book
Regular

May 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Tue, 19 October 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The brake noise you are experiencing is pad to caliper knock.

it is hard to describe over the net, but the pads sit in slots that have a strip of spring steel to allow quite operation of the brakes. Howveer this did not work for toyota.

Toyota now sell revised brake pads for front and I think rear as well (strikes me blank at this moment).
However, these pads will eliminate two of your problems.
Firstly the knock whilst applying brake from forward into reverse or vise versa.
It will also eliminate the squeal you get when you apply the brakes to slow down.

As for the indicator problem, it sounds like a wiring dilema that has occured as a result of your accident, possible intermittant open circuit after you have hit a bump or something.

As for the C.V boot replacement, $300 per side sounds a little expensive if you ask me. If they had said $300 for both sides, I would still be a bit worried.
It costs just as much to buy and fit exchange reconditioned shafts for that.
This I know cause i do them both at work and at home.

Hope I have helped yu out.
If there is anything else you would like help with, do not hesitate to ask.
dunk
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Wed, 20 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colouring_in_book wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 19:45

The brake noise you are experiencing is pad to caliper knock.

it is hard to describe over the net, but the pads sit in slots that have a strip of spring steel to allow quite operation of the brakes. Howveer this did not work for toyota.

Toyota now sell revised brake pads for front and I think rear as well (strikes me blank at this moment).
However, these pads will eliminate two of your problems.
Firstly the knock whilst applying brake from forward into reverse or vise versa.
It will also eliminate the squeal you get when you apply the brakes to slow down.

As for the indicator problem, it sounds like a wiring dilema that has occured as a result of your accident, possible intermittant open circuit after you have hit a bump or something.

As for the C.V boot replacement, $300 per side sounds a little expensive if you ask me. If they had said $300 for both sides, I would still be a bit worried.
It costs just as much to buy and fit exchange reconditioned shafts for that.
This I know cause i do them both at work and at home.

Hope I have helped yu out.
If there is anything else you would like help with, do not hesitate to ask.

colouring_in_book,

Thanks a lot for your reply, with the caliper knock, are you saying if I ask Toyota to replace it with the revised brake pads, both the squeal brake noise and the reverse-forward knock noise will disappear?

But I thought the squeal noise comes from the brakes and while the reverse-forward noise comes from the engine.....

Yeah, that's what I thought too, the indicator problems must be related to the accident...

Yes, I reckon the $300 per side C.V shaft is pretty expensive too... I don't know if its dealer specific or what... but the car have just had a $600 80,000kms service with nothing major changed... which I reckon is pretty expensive...

And I have also found out the part which was replaced by Toyota who thought that was causing the caliper knock noise...it's called "Eng Mtft v497"

An comments/suggestions would be really great...

Thanks guys..

Dunk
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Wed, 20 October 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C.V boot replacement cost me $90, from my mechanic, that was just one side with labour, i thought that was even little expencive for what was done.

as for the batter they are right the battery can cause that problem, when that happened in the old rolla i had we changed the starter motor, as it was on the way out. but the right battery would do wonders.

brakes, i would actually like to know what toyota charge for a brake pad replacement, i did mine cost me 125 for the pads, i got sports pads tho.

as for the indicator, if its flashing quicker it commonly means that the circuit is drawing less current and its an electrical gremlin, its common to see cars with LED replacement bulbs to flash quicker.
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The half shaft inner booth is a pretty universal part for the camry, its been on other models (i think). They go at regular intervals. I reckon that 300 a side is a bit much. Toyota sell a kit to the public at about the 80 dollar mark in Ireland so I reckon that a fair rate for fitting a genuine booth would be about 120 plus dollars. Things might be a lot different over there though.

One thing I suggest for your battery is to match the CCA (cold cranking amp) with the original as this can make all the difference.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunk,
We own a 1997 2.2 L Camry and only had one of those problems that you have mentioned, the car has been 100% reliable and solid (if boring) for us.
Let me try and provide a few idea's here.

The weird engine noise when you are changing direction from forwards to backwards has me stumped. My guesses here would be a loose engine mount or exhaust mounting bracket.

Drive shaft boot wear is dependent on the conditions you normally drive in, there is no figure to quote here, but yes, upwards of 80 000kms they could require replacement. You can satisfy yourself here by jacking up the front of the car with a trolley jack, take off both front wheels (for the extra light) and have a good long hard inspection of the boots using your eyes and hands - wear glasses to keep the crap from falling in your eyes.

Brake squeak - yes, my problem, common on this model Camry as I have been told by a few mechanics now, I have thrown 2 sets of different (high quality) brake pads at this car to try and cure this problem, once the original pads wore out at about 80 000 kms. We are up to 90 000 kms now. If Toyota have a special pad that is unique to them that does not squeak, buy a set and have your local mechanic fit them, to save money on the labour costs. I'm yet to do this. After 5000 kms on this latest set (Premium Bendix) we only get the occasional squeak now. But its a PITA problem.

My best guess with the faulty lights is that you have an earth leak somewhere in the system, perhaps near the light assembly itself, something like a bared wire or poorly earthed connection, and it is giving you an intermittent fault. Very frustrating. The best you can di is to take it apart and have a long hard look at every wire and every connection. These can be expensive to fix as an auto sparkie could spend 5 hours searching and charge you accordingly. Best you have a look and learn session yourself first.

Battery, I can't tell if what you have quoted is compatible but it sounds like you have been given a new battery with a lower CCA (cold cranking amps) rating than the original one required for the car - this will cause sluggish starting. Try the Exide Batteries web site or other ones for the CCA rating of the N49. However, I note that the new one has a CCA of 440 which is pretty bloody high, so you should be OK. That being the case I would check for clear, tight and clean connections at the terminal to clamps interface.

Cheers,
Mitch.

batteryman
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have a 93 Camry 4cyl with 193,000km on it and it is the most reliable car I have ever had.

I have no idea what the engine noise could be but I do that they have a tendancy for the exhaust heat shields to come loose and can make a few different noises. If you've had the noise since new I doubt it is this though. Our car is due for new shocks and makes a clunk sometimes when you first step on the brake. Again, not a possibility if its been there since new.

I'm not sure about the driveshaft boots longevity but it should not cost anywhere near that unless they are replacing the entire driveshaft itself. If so, that is ridiculous. A 4cyl Camry hasn't got a hope in hell of damaging a shaft let alone 2. Shocked

The brake noise is normal as others have mentioned. Ours does it when I first get in the car but goes away once the pads heat up a little. Its a pain but you live with it.

The faulty indicators sounds like a leftover from the accident. I'd check the wiring to see if it is shorting and blowing the globe. Alos check that no water is getting into the lights.

As for the battery, I work for a battery company and this is what I found from searching on our site. For your Camry you are after a 359 as per the first url.(see below)

http://apollobatteries.com.au/TCar.pdf

Then, if you check the specs of the 359 it has a 510CCA rating which is higher than what the RACQ has given you. And this will most definately make starting more lethargic. (see below)

http://www.apollobatteries.com.au/BatSpecs.pdf
colouring_in_book
Regular

May 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to refresh,.... if it doesn't sound normal, 9.5 times out of 10 it isn't normal.
There is a revised pad and pad knock grease which can be installed into your front brakes to stop this noise.

I will check the part no. that you gave to ensure that they have'nt already carried this out. Mind you even if they have carried out the fix, it doesn't neccesarily mean that they carried out the repair correctly.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colouring_in_book wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 13:13

There is a revised pad and pad knock grease which can be installed into your front brakes to stop this noise.

I will check the part no. that you gave to ensure that they have'nt already carried this out.

I would really appreciate it if you could quote these part numbers, thanks.

Mitch.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Batteryman,

Thank you for confirming my idea's on the lower CCA's of the replacement battery, and the brake noise. I forgot to mention that we also get the occasional clunk when the brakes are first applied with our car.

I will be checking the exhaust heat shields now on our beast too and try and head off any problems before they get too serious.

Cheers,
Mitch.
dunk
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys for all your replies,

DunkyMonkey and Maurice c: As confirmed by other members, I think RACQ did in fact put the wrong battery in...

ra23celica: I will ask if they have any special pad that could fix the problem, I will also get my toolkit really and do some wire checking...

batteryman: yeah, for the drive shaft boot, I really have no idea why it needs replacing, but as other members have suggested, they go at regular intervals,I suppose it's time again to frog few hundred dollars out to the dealer..

Thanks a lot for the information on the battery, the RACQ has replace the battery three times in the past three years, and you know it, with 440CCA batteries.. You reckon they do that intentionally?

colouring_in_book: Thanks in advance for checking the part no. but I doubt that was related to the weird noise, because my mum told me that the technician took her and the car for a test drive up and down on hillside road for 15 mins. But yeah, the noise could be easily reproduced right outside the dealer's office if u know the magic steps... Very Happy

Sigh, I reckon I may have to, once again, frog out another few hundred dollars to get them to fix the weird noise once we know what is causing it. Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 11:07]

Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent at toyota we has anti squeel compound that we apply to the bake backing plates also sometimes chamfering the edges of the pads takes out noise also if you always brake lightly u will glaze the pads and rotors , rip em out rough em up with sandpaper or if u dont wanna pullem out go out and brake heavely? a few times and that will get rid of the squeel. the brake light should be under warrenty parts warrenty 12mnths or 100,000 kms i think did u inform them of the globe replacement last servicce ? they cannot read minds for the drive shafts some times the mechanic will see the previous comments on the r/o saying drive shaft is needing replacement, and the advisors tell you , so they say the rest of the shaft is ok but the part thats already noted is damaged , we replacve the whole shafts now as we had to replace shafts after we replaced the boot only and the shaft starts to knock cos the internals are worn so we at toyota have to warrent the parts so we replace the hole shaft insted of doing the boot also its usually quicker to replace the whole shaft . sorry about the long post forgot the 4 bangers always have noisy balence shafts if its these dont worry about it come to think of it the 4 cylinder is a noisy motor

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 11:35]

Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work at a Toyota dealership and am very familiar with all these little "problems". Let me know if you still have unanswered questions.

Don't get too upset about brake squeak and knock. It happens, big deal. It doesn't mean there is a problem with the brakes.

Try getting parts at Repco or Burson, much cheaper. Or ask the mechanic to use non-genuine parts, to save alot of money.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was by using non-genuine parts this time that I ended up with brake squeal problems. If Toyota have a fix, then it could be worth the extra $$$ to do the job properly with genuine parts.
dunk
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Thu, 21 October 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG, Flem and other experts...

Just wondering when should I replace the shaft? I have been told that it needs replacing when it make noises when turning...

And it sounds like I could only get them to replace the whole shaft if I want the dealer to do it?

Is that correct?

Thanks again guys

Dunk
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 22 October 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) Engine noise:
The click noise you are getting when going forwards the first time after reversing, is not the engine, its the brake pads clicking into position as they have some movement. Yes its poor I know, its Australian built! Nothing much you can do to fix this. The official Toyota fix was to use "pad knock grease", which is thick white grease to help stop some of the pad knock noise. After a while the noise comes back, and in some cases they changed the pads under warrantee but I am not sure they are any different. This is just a noise, there is nothing realy wrong with the car. More common is the front disks warping. With heavy brakeing the frond disks will warp and need machining. This happens alot with this model, probably just poor material (again, Australian made).

Your engine, 5S-FE, has ballance shafts in the sump that run off the crankshaft. The gears driving this have a charateristic whine. All Camrys with this motor, and some Magnas etc have the whine noise, normal.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 22 October 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2) Drive shaft boot:

You have 4 driveshaft boots, and two driveshafts. One rubber boot over each of the 4 CV joints. The two outer boots (near the wheels), will eventualy split and need replacing. And they can give some warning signs. One mechanic saw that one was cracking a bit, but not split. The next mechanic saw they were not split open yet so left it. Maybe a boot has now split apart now, in which case it realy needs replacing. If the CV joint is left for a while, with the grease leaking out, the joint will wear and need replacing also $$$.

Toyota Genuine Parts only sell the boots as a kit, with two boots and some grease in each kit, ment for one driveshaft. But, only the outer boot splits so realy you should only pay for the outer boot right? Get them to sourse a aftermarket CV boot, and this will cost more like $35 each, or sometimes less. Better still, go to Repco and buy the part yourself. Any mechanic should be able to do the job, so no real need to pay $85/hr.

Replacing the CV boots is normal maintanace, expect them to fail every 5 years.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 22 October 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3) Brake noise:
Some sort of noise every now an then is common. A normal squeal acationaly can be fixed by steam cleaning the front wheel/brake area with the pressure wash. No disassembly needed, just a blast.

On 2WD Hilux and Hiace, if the front brakes get too hot the pads will tend to stick to the disk and cause a hellish vibrating noise. Maybe this is whats happening on the Camry also? but probably not.

There are a number of tricks to get brakes to quieten down. You can cut a groove in the pad with a hacksaw (some pads have this feature already). Chamfer the edges of the pad (many new pads have this now). Use a dap of silicon or grease between the back of the pad and the anti-squeal shims. Then either machine the disks if glazed, or rough them with emery tape. And use thick pad knock grease there the pads mount to the caliper.

Any Toyota mechanic should know all this, and again its only a noise, no real problem with the car.
colouring_in_book
Regular

May 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 22 October 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The part numbers for the revised pads are

04465 33121
The part number for the pad knock grease is

08887 80609

Hope this helps thos of you who wanted these part numbers. Smile
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 22 October 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5) Battery:

Go to a battery place, or even Repco, and ask them for a battery. Right from the start you will see there is a range, depending on what you want to pay. The better ones have more lead in them. Generaly, I think the RACQ ones would be something cheap. If the car cranks slower, then the battery must be less in someway.

Also, a Service is only a change of oil and filter, and any other filters that need changing. Don't expect any change in performance at all. A modern car will not go any different after a service. Maybe if the spark plugs are changed it could go better, but nothing else would make a difference.
dunk
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 22 October 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG: Thanks heaps for your very detailed replies!!

No wonder why they didn't find the "engine noise" problem, coz I told them it comes from the engine.... I will have to live with that...

For the drive shaft..

If I get you correctly, it means that there is a rubber drivershaft boots over each of the 4 CV joints...right?

And aftermarket CV boot for $35 only? Shocked You reckon they are asking me to pay $300 for one genuine CV boot? + labour extra
And I suppose Toyota don't sell anything apart from genuine, right?

I will take your advice and pay Repco a visit..and c if I could find those shaft boots and probably get Kmart Auto to fix it..

What do u think?

For the brake noise, nah, you could hear the noise when u drive down the driveway early in the morning... so i suppose others are having the same problem by design....not just mine

I will forward your suggestions on how to make the brakes quieter to my mate... hope he could do some tweak to it..

For the battery, I reckon RACQ must have intenationally put a 440CCA in instead of the correct 510CCA, they have done it three times in three years...which makes the engine starp-up slower and less smooth...I will try and get them to put a 510CCA in..

I will certainly go to Repco and get my own battery next time.. I doubt the one RACQ put in is anything near new...

Yup, i understand the service is a regular maintanence...it wouldn't make the car any better than the orginial one..

Once again, thank you so much for your replies...

And to all others who have helped... a big Thank you! Very Happy
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 22 October 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problem. But remember I can't diagnose any noise without hearing it myself.
dunk
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Sun, 24 October 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A quick question..

When a battery with a CCA that is less than the car specifc is installed.... what side affect would it bring apart from slower start-up..?

Like would it damage or shorten the life of the car's components?

Thanks guys
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Sun, 24 October 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car would be slow to start, and eventualy on a cold morning, it won't start at all. That is all.
dunk
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 03 December 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello once again,

Two months after the service, I finally get to see the receipt. Not to my surprise, questions arise again after viewing the receipt.

I am once again seeking you guys' help, thanks in advance.

I noticed there is two fuel filters listed on the receipt, one being "Fuel filter" costing $40 and another one "Fuel filter SXV MCV20" costing $56.50... so in an 80,000 service, there's two fuel filters' needed to be replaced? or are they for two different purposes?

And despite them putting 3 litres of coolant in, it is always in the "low" level no matter if it's day/night, before/after trip.

Please also tell me what is Toyota EFI cleaner? Actually I may just list out those parts on the receipt.

Air filter SDV10 VDV10 MCX10 $25.25 ex
Fuel filter $40
Oil filter $16
Gasket sump plug 12mm $1.2
Fuel filter SXV MCV20 $56.50
Genuine brake fluid $8
W/screen washer additive $0.6
Toyota EFI cleaner 150cc $17
Longlife coolant 3LT $30

I suppose all Toyota dealers sell them at those prices, right?

I highly doubt about the service, they even repaired/charged a tyre puncture without evening telling me, I only knew of that when I got to see the receipt yesterday. Mad

And for the drive shaft, I asked for a non-genuine one as suggested by members but they said it wouldn't be much cheaper and offer me "drive shaft - exchange" for $286 inc labour.

Any comments guys?

I am really not happy with this so called "Toyota service award" winning dealer...!!!

Dunk
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Are these common problems with 1998 2.2 Camry? Fri, 03 December 2004 13:45 Go to previous message
The service adviser should have explained it better, and provided a quote even before work started. But often the service adviser does not know much more than yourself.

Unfortunately there is 2 fuel filters, both listed to be replaced in a service sometime, probably the 80,000km one you got. One filter is a regular fuel filter in the engine bay. The other is in the fuel tank. They remove the rear seat to access the fuel tank.

The washer additive of $0.60 could be questioned, and you could get a refund if it wasn't on your quote. Its little I know, but these are the sneaky ways dealerships jack up the price.

"Toyota EFI cleaner" may be crap, not sure. At our dealership we use Wynns injecta-clean. Maybe its good but maybe its not. Know one knows. Somehow I doubt its genuine Toyota stuff. If its not on the quote, debate this cost and get them to refund you. Its actualy a small bottle of liquid that goes in the fuel tank. Its not part of the Toyota service listed in your service book. Another add on!!!

The longlife coolant is good stuff that you need. 3 liters of concentrate, mixed with 3 liters of water, which is then feed into the cooling system to replace the old. The level you see if just the overflow resovoir. Its ment to be about half full. The actual coolant used is in the engine and radiator.

If they didn't ring you about the tyre, get them to show the actual invoice from the tyre company relating to your vehicle. If they don't have one, then try and get out of paying for that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Timing belt change, 1ggte
Next Topic:anyone with a rotary?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:11:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062210559844971 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.