Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

T3 turbo Thu, 21 October 2004 01:37 Go to next message
hey guys i found a turbo which is goin pretty cheap but as im not too experienced with turbos thought i would ask for some thoughts on itm heres the decription given

"This is a freshly rebuilt Garrett T3 turbocharger with zero hours on it. It has a .42 A/R compressor and a .36 A/R turbine. Has internal wastegate adjustable wastegate actuator so you can set your own level of boost. This would be a great match for a 4-cylinder motor."

i found out from the seller that it has a 50 trim compressor wheel, stanard turbin so im guessing stage 1, but will ask again, and an oil cooled center. this turbo i would be bolting on a hybrid 2T/3T im building with the 3T-GTE exhaust manifold, and of course an intercooler. Just wondering how it would run, im thinking the turbine might be a bit small for the high reving nature of the engine.

thanks for your help
blake

http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/90/27/3e_1.JPG

http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/a4/28/d4_1_b.JPG

http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/a5/2b/0b_1.JPG

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 07:56] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: T3 turbo Thu, 21 October 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what power are you expecting, also im assuming its not a ceramic turbo??? I wouldnt be expecting the huges amount of power out of this turbo its only pretty small from the trim that you have given us.
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: T3 turbo Thu, 21 October 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im looking at getting round 180-200 horses, but from the limited knowledge i have bout turbos the turbine A/R of this turbo wouldnt be suited for the high rev range of the 2T/3T hybrid, can any1 confirm this

how would this turbo compare to a CT20

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 02:19]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T3 turbo Thu, 21 October 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm i think thats way too small for any decent power on a 3T.

You'd want around .64 turbine for the power you are chasing.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T3 turbo Thu, 21 October 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This would make power fairly low in the rev range - but it looks to be a reasonable size for a standard 3T.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T3 turbo Thu, 21 October 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the specs given i would think that this turbo would be suited to a 3t, however i would start to doubt weather the turbo has the capability to make decent puff for a revvy motor hence it wont give a nice strong power all the way to the top of the rev range and therefore limit your total power output.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: T3 turbo Thu, 21 October 2004 11:14 Go to previous message
This turbo looks exactly the same as one of a nissan Z18 motor
I had one in a datto 1600 with 150hp and the turbo was good for power from 3500rpm through to 8000rpm on the Z motor
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best Turbo setup for GZE
Next Topic:What to do to ...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 17:19:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065197944641113 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.