Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Supergal
Occasional Poster

April 2004
RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Wed, 20 October 2004 04:31 Go to next message
Shocked wow I thought this was cool if anyone is lookin Shocked

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=18290&item=2495599084&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW
  Send a private message to this user    
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while i would never want to bastardise such a beautiful car, you'd be soooooo tempted to get rid of the fugly safety bumpers for some nice aussie style ones.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always thought that those bumpers were only for the american market so putting the aussie/jap style bumpers would be better and original.. slap me if im wrong
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope I like it the way it is. It has heaps of individuality.

Having said that, why would a JDM car have US 5mph bumpers anyway?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It looks nice. If I had the money I'd buy it, 'cos I need a run-about car so I don't have to use the '25 - also, it has heaps of parts that I could use. Smile

seeyuzz
river
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do yamaha make car engines?
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they designed the head
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 15:12

Hi,

It looks nice. If I had the money I'd buy it, 'cos I need a run-about car so I don't have to use the '25 - also, it has heaps of parts that I could use. Smile

seeyuzz
river

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Owner may have the GTZ Levin bug Twisted Evil
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 14:42

Hi,

Erm, why would you rip apart a car that is just as rare, maybe even more so than your RA25?

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
icon6.gif  Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure River is having us on. Laughing
Right River?

bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARGH! i wants it...ive fallen in love with the RA28/35 shape latley, would have to get rid of those bumpers though....wonder if he would swap it for the ST205 Laughing Laughing Laughing
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the US bumpers were available in Japan on the GT Toyota variants if the customer requested them, as the "US spec" look was seen as a status symbol by some...... Crying or Very Sad

I remember reading when the Corona GT (RT104 2 litre shape) came out in Japan. The hardtop was available with or without the bug bumpers.

Needless to say if I got this car I would piss off those bumpers in a heartbeat. Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 16:02]

shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
double post

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 15:09]

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Thu, 21 October 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shovelnose wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 00:28

I think the US bumpers were available in Japan on the GT Toyota variants if the customer requested them, as the "US spec" look was seen as a status symbol by some...... Crying or Very Sad

I remember reading when the Corona GT (RT104 2 litre shape) came out in Japan. The hardtop was available with or without the bug bumpers.

Needless to say if I got this car I would piss off those bumpers in a heartbeat. Evil or Very Mad

The hardtop version of the RT104 (the RT114) is what I want! Smile

But the US bumpers on this car don't look that bad, they give it character. Hope whoever buys it keeps it original and does not rice it up!!!
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Fri, 22 October 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well as long as the buyer only replaces those bumpers with some "normal" ones, and does nothig else, then that is more than fine with me. Smile And I am a bit of a purist myself.

I would love to have a RT114 too - assuming it was a GT model. But according to a post from a guy who has a GT sedan, GT Coronas of ANY type are very hard to come by.

I for one have never seen a hardtop Corona of the type in your avatar, in Australa. I have only 2 examples of the hardtop of the model following the RT40/50 - the 80 series I think, but that's all.

I once read a US test of the SR5, a hardtop with the 20R generator lump,5 speed box and a rear sway bar etc, and they said that it handled better than the US spec Celica of the same period.

I like all the older Celicas from 78 and back, but I find the GT 2 door Coronas to look more purposeful.

Here's a nice example Smile

http://www.crown-corona.org/index.php?p=12&s=5 &m=0&pic=7.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 10:18]

bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Fri, 22 October 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I guess as long as the mods are reversible...

That would Steve aka RT104GT with the Corona GT. Cool

I'd settle for any model hardtop of that shape Corona. In my opinion they're better looking than a Celica. I could always add a 18RG later.

I've never seen an RT8* hardtop. But I have seen one (maybe two) RT114 years ago. A neighbour of my grandmother in Sydney had a Chocolate Brown one in the early 80s. They bought it with them from South Africa. (No photos unfortunately.) Years later I saw a yellow one in same area, with similar mags. I think it may have been the brown car resprayed. I have not seen it since.

I have a 1974 R&T article on the US RT114 (18R powered) SR5.

In the RA25 GT thread in Members Rides is pics of a US spec RT115 that Steve took. I'm currently trying to trace it's whereabouts...

That one on the crown-corona club page is hot! I've added the pic to my collection.

Here's a few of my favourite links:

1800SL for sale in Japan:
http://www.nostalgiccar.com/02_zaiko/zaiko.html
I know it only has a 16R, but that could be changed!

2000GT also for sale:
http://www.vrp.co.jp/car/cark170.html

Another nice GT that I stole my avatar from:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Outdoors-River/4673/cor ona/oldcar.htm

and a US spec RT115 20R deluxe (not SR5):
http://www.toyotaoldies.de/rt115.html

Oh well, I'll find one someday!

EDIT: I like the RT5* hardtop in your avatar too!

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 12:06]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: RA35 Celica GTV on EBAY Fri, 22 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous message
Hi,

Yeah, just having a lend. It's a nice and rare car and I woudn't feel right pulling it apart for spares. I dunno if it's as rare as the '25, but I can assure you that having one rare beasty is more than enough, let alone having two.

I don't like the bumpers, but I wouldn't change a thing on it - I'd leave it "as is".

Still, if I had the spare dosh, I'd get it. I can then start my GT/GTV Celica museum. Now, let me get back to checking the importers for a nice TA27-MQ. Smile

seeyuzz
river
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE92 4AGZE sedan - now with 12months rego!
Next Topic:WANTED:KE30 sedan
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:15:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010710954666138 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.