Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Mon, 18 October 2004 03:35 Go to next message
a few weeks ago i was driving through the maccas drive thru and when i went to the window to pick up my food the girl at the window said "hey, is that a sprinter? do they go alright?" i was thinking "wtf? how she know about the AE86?" it turned out that she owns a supra (probly an earlier '80s one but still cool Smile ) and i sat there for a couple of minutes talking about cars with her - that was cool Very Happy

also, when i was going through the chicken treat drive thru, when i got to the window the guy asks me "is that an 86?" i was like "yeah, how do you know about them?" he said he was a car fanatic, he asked me about the mods and said my car looked nice. when he came back with the food he gave me a free drink - how cool is that! Very Happy

yeah, the word is spreading around

::200th post!::

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 03:36]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Mon, 18 October 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha way to go dude

you'd be suprised at what people the car attracts, because it is so old and has such history/cult following.

Apart from the usual young ID fans and drift freaks, i've found that people in servos tend to chat you up the most when filling up near them, or when you pull into KFC the whole restaurant takes a geeza Cool

I've had guys that raced the 86 in bathurst pull up and tell me their stories, also businessman who own M3's that have an 86 at home Smile

it's a thing that a non-86 owner wouldn't understand Rolling Eyes
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Mon, 18 October 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing so true Smile

the guy at autobarn luv's talkin to me now he knows i own one

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 06:27]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Mon, 18 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once at work i told this chick (workmate) that i had got a new car. she asked me what it was, and because i didnt think she would understand i told her 'its a corolla'.

When i rocked up at work she says to me "Thats a sprinter!! u never told me u were getting a SPRINTER!"

I was gobsmacked, i wanted to marry her lol
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Mon, 18 October 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhh

fuzzy feeling awww.

try copping the "is that a takumi car? the one from inital d video game"

thats the shitty side of owning a trueno
Sad

the good part is seeing other sprinter drivers reactions
lol

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Mon, 18 October 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh this has happend to me a few times but not in drive thru's more in car parks as i just finnish parking and am starting to walk away from the car.... makes me think again about parking it somewhere else Razz
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Mon, 18 October 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I get this pay rise I'm hoping for I'm planning to get an '86 as my daily(save my SW20 for weekends Very Happy) . RWD, comfy and with 4AGE power Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Tue, 19 October 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol
this guy delivered pizzas in a silver sprinter he is a "lurker" on here i tryed to ask him about his car but a few too many fizzy brews prolly made me sound down syndrome.
The poor guy i think he was trying to break off conversation but i didn't let him.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Tue, 19 October 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, own a sprinter and get drive thru freebies!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Tue, 19 October 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get people who come up to me all the time and ask me what type of car mine is.. when they are general enthusiasts and not wankers its alright
but when u get the wankers its annoying
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Thu, 21 October 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your dead write about the wiered things that happen when owning a sprinter. My old mettalic blue turbo one (its in the 4agte article) everytime i drove it some looney would do something, for example. Im driving down pacific highway in chatswood and this van screams down at like 80-100 behind me and swerves into the right hand turning lane near chatswood public school, a guy leans out the window and says. "HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU MAAAAYYYTE" and before i could say anying he dissapeared in a cloud of smoke and had 2 flat spotted tyres haha cause he had to stop!

Many many people would yell things like "How much you want for it! ill give ya 10k! etc etc etc in traffic....

Probably the best times were when 4AC owners would see you in traffic or what not and beep their horn and lean out the window drooling hahaha good times!
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...) Thu, 21 October 2004 03:01 Go to previous message
Hahah, it always makes me smile getting reactions/comments from people about the 86. Even funnier when some of my non-car loving friends see it get the attention over their "shiny" astras etc.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SX Rolla conquering Bathurst
Next Topic:Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 04:20:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054879188537598 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.