Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Tue, 19 October 2004 11:03 Go to next message
Hey there all, just a quick and stupid question.

20v exhaust manifold for Gze, i know i need to oval the outer 2 holes, but my Q is where it goes from 4 to 2 will my standard gze front exhaust pipe bolt on??? (the part that runs from the manifold under the engine to the cat)

thanks

Eddie
  Send a private message to this user    
Rod83
Regular

August 2003
Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Tue, 19 October 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe the bolt pattern is different. I can't quite remember but I did have both to compare once and they didn't fit together.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 13:58]

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Tue, 19 October 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man.. from what I saw the 20v extractor was a lot different from the 16v head ones.. the end tabs of the flange or whatever its called were heaps further out and on a different angle.
Maybe someone here on these forums has modded one to fit... but I didnt think it would be really easily possible!!
Also, the 20v one's ive seen didnt have the O2 sensor slot into it.. where the east-west config 16v's i have seen did have! where's your O2 sensor gonna go dude?
Rod83
Regular

August 2003
Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Tue, 19 October 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not all 16v exhausts had the o2 sensor in the manifold. The stock gze ones were located in the secondaries, as were the stock 20v ones.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Tue, 19 October 2004 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the difference between the 20v & 16v bolt pattern. The gasket is 16v & the flange is 20v.

http://members.optushome.com.au/big.worm/flange/flange01.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/big.worm/flange/flange02.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/big.worm/flange/flange03.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 19:38]

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Wed, 20 October 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gze aw11 has o2 sensor in the manifold!
Rod83
Regular

August 2003
Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Wed, 20 October 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well you learn something new every day! I've only ever seen ae92's and ae101's so I assumed the aw11's would be the same.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Thu, 21 October 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like you're going to have to change a flange somewhere, maybe get stock 20v secondaries and see if they fit your cat? They should meet up fine, but flange issues again prob. I had to modify the cat, but it was a simple cut'n'weld job. At least that way your extractors and secondaries are matched/tuned.
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Quick Q about 20v exhaust manifold Thu, 21 October 2004 08:30 Go to previous message
Hey there Guys, yeah the o2 sensor on a Ae101 gze is at the end of the secondaries just before the cat.

thanks for your help guys, i will stick with the standard GZE manifold for now as knowing toyota they will still flow nicely anyway Very Happy

i'll do a manifold when i have a turbo to bolt to it

Thanks for your help again

Eddie
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:intermitent wipers are intermitent
Next Topic:offers offers offers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 01:12:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005155086517334 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar