Toymods » Track Talk » My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Wed, 20 October 2004 09:42 Go to next message
Okay to set the scene
Set of traffic lights that starts and then goes up a hill.. from the traffic lights its about 20m till the 2 lanes turns into 1.. well my lane merges into his.

I was pulled up at lights talkin to my mate in passenger seat and there was a vy, im assuming v6.. next to me. I looked over to see his decent looking gf and then continued talking to my mate.

the lights go green and he punches it and gets about a car length on me(i didnt know he was racing me) so ive just floored it in 1st, ripped 2nd and by the join I was in front doing about 80km/h

Poor guy tried Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you got to 80kms in 20m???

or did I miss something Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 10:26

you got to 80kms in 20m???

or did I miss something Smile

lol.. i might be a bit wrong on the distances Smile
but when i looked at my speedo just after i passed him.. it was at 80
though its not hard to get to 80 km/h when just stabbing throttle at 15
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha for sure the distance is way wrong! 20metres before the lanes merge, he got a car length on you, and then you floored to to pass him at 80kph in the next 15 metres hehhehe Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 12:11

haha for sure the distance is way wrong! 20metres before the lanes merge, he got a car length on you, and then you floored to to pass him at 80kph in the next 15 metres hehhehe Smile

im trying to think in my head.. its definately not far..
like seriously 30 at most
and it doesent take long to motivate my car
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not saying your car is slow, im saying it must of been like 50m!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 13:24

im not saying your car is slow, im saying it must of been like 50m!

ill suss it out next time i drive that way
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picture it, a b'ball court is 30m long
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Thu, 21 October 2004 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 22:45

picture it, a b'ball court is 30m long

well from my memory it would only be about that long from lights to merge
is lights.. 2x double lane each way.. and then about the same again till merge
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI:
According to the Aust road rules, a merge lane must be at least 95m long, plus the warning distances, you're looking at 200m from the other side of the lights.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 06:05]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 16:05

FYI:
According to the Aust road rules, a merge lane must be at least 95m long, plus the warning distances, you're looking at 200m from the other side of the lights.

its not a lane merge as such .. its a lane to use to enter shopping village
so you have lights.. then the lane on left which turns into the shopping village about 5 metres after other side of road.. and then
straight from there it merges into the other lane
though its more like the left lane is just cut off

FYI and all.. lol
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe you can just tell us where it is/was.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 16:19

i beleive the roads are maundrell terrace and rode road..
or something like that...(the maundrell one)
on the road heading from chermside towards rode rd roundabout
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 16:42

You've lost me there totally.

Rode road roundabout? (old northern road at Mcdowell). Maundrell terrace? Nowhere near each other.

Only roundabout close to those two is over on hamilton road near the hospital. Or that other roundabout intersecting appleby and wilgarning.

Unless the story is you are on Rode road heading towards old northern road, (roundabout with the bridge over it), sitting at the lights intersecting maundrell terrace. Is that it? But even then there is no up hill in that direction.

OR, (most likely), you are on maundrell terrace at the rode road intersection heading towards chermside/city direction, (maundrell becomes appleby road over the intersection). That one makes more sense as there is two lanes where the left ends with a shopping complex on the left and it goes up hill. If that's it, then it's more than even 50 metres. The lane still stays pretty wide too.

EDIT: I'm not doubting the power of your car though, it is a 1j afterall. You mustn't have tried that hard. Smile But you didn't punch it from the intersection, your car should have broken triple figures easy there if you did expect a race. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 07:07]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 17:01

Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 16:42

You've lost me there totally.

Rode road roundabout? (old northern road at Mcdowell). Maundrell terrace? Nowhere near each other.

Only roundabout close to those two is over on hamilton road near the hospital. Or that other roundabout intersecting appleby and wilgarning.

Unless the story is you are on Rode road heading towards old northern road, (roundabout with the bridge over it), sitting at the lights intersecting maundrell terrace. Is that it? But even then there is no up hill in that direction.

OR, (most likely), you are on maundrell terrace at the rode road intersection heading towards chermside/city direction, (maundrell becomes appleby road over the intersection). That one makes more sense as there is two lanes where the left ends with a shopping complex on the left and it goes up hill. If that's it, then it's more than even 50 metres. The lane still stays pretty wide too.

EDIT: I'm not doubting the power of your car though, it is a 1j afterall. You mustn't have tried that hard. Smile But you didn't punch it from the intersection, your car should have broken triple figures easy there if you did expect a race. Smile

i didnt take off at the start at all.. he raced off and was after the other side of road before i punched it
i jsut took off normally and sped up slowly at 1st and ive seen him take off and punch it. so then i punched it.
here you go

http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/map.jpg

maybe u know it now and can verify how many metres?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah totally clarified. Smile

Yep, sounds about right to what you did and what your car is.

But the real point is you put another cocky commonwhore driver in his place. Very Happy

That's what it's all about isn't it? Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Fri, 22 October 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 20:19

But the real point is you put another cocky commonwhore driver in his place. Very Happy

yeah.. how far do u reckon it is from the lights on the side i took off to the merge
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Sat, 23 October 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i was the mate in the car

fuck it was a grand site, jag's car is definately not slow. We didn't even expect this commo to try and drag us. But we put him in his place Smile

1jz driving is definately a great experience... in such a light car also Smile

And to clarify, it's not a proper merge lane, it's only there for the people turning left off maundrel terrace, rode road has to be one of the worst roads in human existance Smile

Nice driving once again Jag, gear shifting was nice past that commo Wink
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Sat, 23 October 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't in the car obviously but Johal took me for a drive in his car this morning and I will say that there is no way that any stockish v6 commo is going to have a chance in hell of keeping up.

I was scared and couldn't find the "oh shit" handle! Razz
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Sat, 23 October 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 22:30

Apollo wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 20:19

yeah.. how far do u reckon it is from the lights on the side i took off to the merge

Yea as I said, sounds about right. Smile

Next up is some Super Shithouse (SS) kill stories. Very Happy Ah heck, the sky isn't even the limit with what you can kill in the commonwhore range. Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My jzz10 vs some vy v6 that tried to race me Sat, 23 October 2004 11:32 Go to previous message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 15:46

I wasn't in the car obviously but Johal took me for a drive in his car this morning and I will say that there is no way that any stockish v6 commo is going to have a chance in hell of keeping up.

I was scared and couldn't find the "oh shit" handle! Razz

lol.. car was fucking slow thismorning
the heat really gets to it.. ill take you for a ride on a cold night one day.. then youll need the oh, shit handle..

ive killed a few of the hsv range actually
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Red AE82 on Epping Road saturday night
Next Topic:Who owns FLWOOL? Sydney RED SX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 19:42:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005918025970459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.