Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What to do to ...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
What to do to ... Thu, 21 October 2004 06:28 Go to next message
Hello, i own a 1988 celica SX (3S-GE engine) and i been curious what sort of mods i can do to this. i been doing alot of research on it and have not returned to much for this.

so far all ive done is lowered with a pedders suspension, sports exhaust (very cheap) and some 17in mags, thats about it
but i really want to do some engine work. ive read stories of people being able to fit a 3S-GTE engine into a 88 SX, but they never give to much detail on it, and + a engine conversion is a bit extreme for me.

Im looking for smaller things mabye to do, like headers or mabye install a turbo onto this engine. can you guys gimmie some suggestions?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What to do to ... Thu, 21 October 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You say an 'engine conversion is too extreme for me' in one breath and they say you are considering fitting a turbo in the next.
WTF ?
You are at cross-purposes.
So - first off - work out your budget. What you want to do depends on money.
There is heaps of info on 3S-GTE installs in place of 3S-GE and 5S-FE engines, spend a few hours on Google.
Not that you are likely to take my advice but one of the best upgrades for that car, shy of a 3S-GTE conversion is the Gen 2 123Kw engine from the SW20 MR2. You will not have to engineer the car, upgrade the brakes or have any insurance premium problems.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: What to do to ... Thu, 21 October 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well as you have proberly already noticed by my orignal thread ra23celica, im not the most mechanical minded person alive. i know very basic things hence the reason i asked about turbo because i dont know what sort or procedure that would entail.

im not to interested in making a complete speed vechile, but i wouldnt mind a bit of extra speed. i will defitionly look into the sw20 engine. thank you for ur advice
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What to do to ... Thu, 21 October 2004 10:37 Go to previous message
adding a turbo is not as easy as it sounds by any means!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T3 turbo
Next Topic:jap spec brakes?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:40:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042290687561035 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.