Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ever crashed your car?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon8.gif  ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 11:08 Go to next message
i was looking through some old photos, well when i was in darwin about a year after i bought the mr2, i had little run in with a big dog at 12 at night on the highway. this was the only photo i could find but i do have some better shots somewhere. when i find them i'll put them on.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~feral4.mr2/mypic19.jpg

Cry it cost $7500 to fix, lucky i had it insured.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 June 2002 09:43]

Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, I would hate to see the dog!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoa, THAT gives new meaning...that was some dog you hit.
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OUCH!
well I was VERY close to having an accident yesterday, typical..... I was driving like an idiot ( wet roads...rwd.....p-plater....... what u expect..) anyway I was going through a backstreet at around id say 90-100... the road raises and dips, I seen this ' tractor' like device blocking the left side of the road ( narrow ) so I started slowing down, thinking......* yeh Im going 2 fast, but ill just go past it...and just backed off the accelerator *.....typical, my luck..... a driveway was right opposite this..... and a chick in a proton was backing out.....

now im thinking......fk im gonna have an accident, maybe die, or mess up my car, or hurt the other driver..wtf am I doing, anyway I hit the brakes ( road is soaked ) I feel em lock up, the car goes into a slide sorta, she moved forward in atleast 1/2 a meter ( good thing) went past, back end came out cauz I had to go right, then left fast while semi-locked up..

I got out of it ok, I stopped and apologised to the girl ( hey..she was kinda cute =P ) and she said it was ok, it was her fault for backing out without looking properly, so we were both in the wrong...

anyway, in a split second anything could have happend, just lucky things went my way that day... maybe not next time!

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:17]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you manage to score a date?
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah....... should have asked for her phone number, but thought that was pushin my luck a lil......ehh =P

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is all the red shit dog guts a stuff? if so cool Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz yep mate thats all dogggg Evil or Very Mad
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: ever crashed your car? Wed, 29 May 2002 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I can see is a door hinge?? What am I looking at ??
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, the pics changed, before it was a pic of the front all stuffed up.
I didn't do any damage, but I did aquaplane for about 50m, hit mount a kerb and smack into a sign....all I got was a little paint scratch! Yay!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Havoc wrote on Thu, 30 May 2002 9:17 AM

All I can see is a door hinge?? What am I looking at ??

Same here. Question Question Question Exclamation
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 30 May 2002 10:20 AM

Oh, the pics changed, before it was a pic of the front all stuffed up.
I didn't do any damage, but I did aquaplane for about 50m, hit mount a kerb and smack into a sign....all I got was a little paint scratch! Yay!

And a bent main control arm after hitting the kerb?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, got it checked out, I was pretty damn lucky, everything is AOK apart from that little paint scratch...but my paint was rooted anyway!
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Redline,
I think i remember just before you got your car you said that you wern't a crazy driver Wink

Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm I reversed my old ae82 into a cement pillar in a big open car park when in a hurry at night.
Couldn't see a thing and suddenly thump....
$3000 damage from that it was crazy
so I sold it for $2100 and got the sprinter hehe
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cam_RA40, dont we all say things we dont mean =P
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

• ran up the back of a celica while driving a galant in the city
  • aquaplaned into a traffic light pole in my datto 1600
  • hit a concrete post reversing out of a parking spot in the datto
  • ran up the back of a volvo in a mazda 626
  • ran into a fence post in my 4WD on a friends farm. The fence post was about double the width of a telegraph pole. Knocked it out of the ground (it was dug into the ground about a metre, I was doing about 60kmh). $6000 damage. Still drove it back to Sydney from Bourke.

Note that all these happened in my first 5 years driving, but been driving around 18 years now.
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe we should ask steve and the history with his sprinter??

Razz

... and nobody mention fences to me Sad

showtime
Occasional Poster

May 2002
icon9.gif  Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Norm and Jake Might remember this one My 1.3 ltr injectes
CHARADE 94 model went for a real nice day up to small car sunday
on the way home stopped off at ORAN PARK raceway after watching ALEX GOBERT a friend of mine ride around we watched the rally for a bit on the way out we decided ummm i mean i decided to step the charade out sideways did it once on this dirt road perfect not a problem got just a little bit cocky thought that was farkn easy Rolling So being the under 25 no experience fluky guy that i am did it again full lock to full lock (in a front wheel drive ) it flung back so god dam fast i couldn't catch it off the road striaght under a barb wire fence a star stake smashed my mirror off front wheels locked not being able to steer anywhere slid straight under the fence my window was open so the mirror hit me in th face with jake in the front seat and norm in the back ( i blame it all on norm for not balancing his weight out properly ) with barb wire pin stripes all over the roof bonnet stretching all the way to the back window we found ourselves in a ditch we couldn't drive out but had to get pushed out it's the most stupipest thing ive done and we all laugh now we are luck cause a star stake almost went through the window anyway just thought id share it with ya oh yeah quote was 2000 to fix it i sold it unrepaired
bunny
Regular

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive smashed my head into the front windscreen on my MA45
(60kmph into a parked car)
and run into the side of a thirteen ton truck at 80 kmph,
the impact of which split the engine block in half (subaru)
and had 4 other small ones, not to mention a few intentional ones into solid objects Rolling
but hey i didnt get anything as juicy as dogs blood!(only mine)
that photo is cool.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon4.gif  Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about the pic guy's, i was mucking around with my web pages, and musta stuffed it up. Embarassed

[Updated on: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:28]

Norm
Regular

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Thu, 30 May 2002 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Showtime, thoses were the days i would rather forget Rolling Eyes

I'm sure you would like to forget that day aswell.

Now that you have the fridge, there is no way you'll ever build up enough speed to loose control Nod

Cheers Norm.

P.S. I haven't had my liscence long enough to be able to have a crash.

Although one night i was at my mates house in my rolla, and being a 17y/o in a supercharged rolla, i thought i'ld show him how i could/couldn't go 120km/h around a 50zone corner. Anyway the arse end went out and i was sliding straight towards a road island, luckly the car stopped just in time, i thought i was going to be wrapped around a pole for sure Happy Sad

Sorry for the long post.
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: ever crashed your car? Fri, 31 May 2002 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about a week after i had my celica it was a nice wet day and i thought i would go and have a go at this "sideways" business as it looks like a piece of piss, being 17 and on my P's i was a little eager, fanged it around a roundabout in my estete and got the arse right out and paniked and over corrected and fishtailed it down the road i mounted the meadian strip and hit a tree, was about 5 inches thick and was a wattle, snapped it clean in half an took out two posts that were supporting it, stalled the car and could hardly drive it cos i was shakin sooo much, lesson learnt dont try stupid stuff in the wet Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ever crashed your car? Fri, 31 May 2002 23:41 Go to previous message
bunny wrote on Thu, 30 May 2002 5:17 PM

ive smashed my head into the front windscreen on my MA45

you meen my ma45 bitch Razz lucky you didnt bend the rail!

Allan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Did anyone get to the Drag Combat?
Next Topic:Rallying Toyota Prius!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 09:31:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051300525665283 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.