Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
icon4.gif  Camry Vienta Exhaust Wed, 20 October 2004 23:41 Go to next message
I have a cracked exhaust manifold on my 94 camry vienta V6 (the first problem its had ever.... 200 000kms on the clock) i was told by my mechaninc that a set of extractors is the cheapest option out of the problem.... does anyone know who makes extractors for this car?????? I cant find anyone.... Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Wed, 20 October 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't a standard manifold be the cheapest option? Extractors are usually more expensive. Confused
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Wed, 20 October 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what i thought...
Manifold from toyota cost $460.00
I was told extractors would be cheaper?!?!

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring around the usual exhaust shops in your area... If they say that they can't get them, ask where you should try next.

Someone would make a standard manifold other than Toyota for a car as common as the Camry.

I was told about $450 for extractors for the Cressida... The guy said, "about" because he couldn't get them himself... he said that would be about how much they'd cost. Not too cheap. Confused
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks for your advice.

I've tried all exhaust places i can find nearby... apparently the V6 camry isnt common enaough to have thoses parts available... Confused yet the four cylinder has all the parts you would want available...

the joys of owning a rare car?!? Confused
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude: Why would you NOT want extractors? Are you NUTZ ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got extactors custom made for my 88 v6. u'll notice a huge difference. id recommend it to anyone who wants a little more from the motor.

And you wont find extractors ready made for ur car. Has to be all custom.

Smile

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when I applied for insurance with GIO the lady claimed they wouldnt insure a car that had extractors on it, I was like wtf, and what if you just didn't tell them in the event of a serious accident they may be stuffed anaywya, and what if in the case of this bloke or my uncle for that matter the old ones developed a crack and factory ones were either unabtainable or too exepnsive
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that doesn't suprise me, extractors are certainly a larger mod than cat back exhaust or wheels.
In regards to extractors, from my understanding the v6 exhaust maniford is quite difficult to work on and might even need to have the engine removed due to the location of it, so considering the labour costs involved anyhow i would get extractors fitted.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmm anybody ever heard of a WRECKER?
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys....

I have to get them customed made, and yes, the location of the exhaust manifold is at the back of the engine, which means the engine has to be removed. ( huge costs )

If I could get them, and they were affordable, i would, trust me.

Wreckers???? how many good condition camry vienta with their exhaust maniflds intact do you think there are?

not many buddy.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 22:24]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Thu, 21 October 2004 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't the engine have to be removed to fit a factory manifold anyway?

Perhaps there's extractors available in Japan you could import?

Shop around xorst shops if you do go extractors tho - some old-skool xorst workshops are like, 40% cheaper than the big chains like Midas, Carline etc. etc.

If it's not too badly cracked tho - you could get the factory manifold TIG-welded, sucka. . . . . Shocked

(explaination - it'd probably open up the crack again in a few months)
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Fri, 22 October 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey ST14.. sillycar,

how much for your mags, and what size etc?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Fri, 22 October 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VientaV6 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 10:11

Hey ST14.. sillycar,

how much for your mags, and what size etc?

That's IT ! Mad Mad

Too much damn confusion from that old Avatar!! ! !

I WANT a set of them rims, I was trying to organise enough people to buy a batch in, but everyone pussied out when it came time to order. I'm gettin told by Big-O tyres that they're not made in 5-stud, but I've got pictures of them ON CARS in 5-stud hub pattern ! ! !

New Avatar AHOY ! ! Surprised

Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Fri, 22 October 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine doesn't necessarily have to be removed. Mine didn't anyways. If you have a good exhaust place, then it's possible to do it with the car up on a hoist. Made from underneath. Mine came out great!! and only $410 labour, as opposed to poss. over $1K for engine removal...it is possible. And they do help HEAPS. I'd recommend them.

VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are probably right, they wouldnt have to remove the engine, but im back to where i started, where the hell can i find friggin extractors?

Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As stated earlier, you CAN'T for your car.
You will have to go custom mate.
Expect to pay upto $1K. Mine was $800.
Are you in Melbourne, south east suburbs poss? coz the guy
who did mine, has done your model before. I'd highly recommend him.

VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try brisbane QLD

Cant really afford that much, i think ill get the standard manifold fitted from toyota untill i get more money...

Do you have a full sports exhuast or just extractors on yours?
is it 117kw after mods?

Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a full system which includes:
-Custom Extractors, running under sump.
-New flex pipe
-Hi Flow Cat Converter
-12" Resonator
-6" Resonator
-Splitting behind the spare wheel well, to 2xXForse LPO2 Canon Mufflers on either side.

All piping is 2", and is not mandrel bent.

117kW is before modifications. 'IF' the engine was brand new, it might get 125-130kW by now, but it has 270k on the clock, so probly not gna get near that for now!

BTW, are you sure your car makes 139kW? Because, I checked up on the spec sheet for the 3VZFE, which I assume you have, and it reports 200PS, which is 147kW...

Even if you have the later engine, 1MZFE, it still makes 200PS, but at a lower RPM range.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 05:09] by Moderator

VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NICE!

I like the twin tail pipes! nice touch! What sort of sound do you get from that? throaghty or droney?

Was thinking of putting similar set-up in the future, but i want a throaghty, grubmble, like a skyline.

Somebody once said, camry v6s sound tinny with performance exhasuts!?!

Nice body kit by the way. any other mods? stereo?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI scamry should be making either 130 or 139kw cant remember which, THink in 1997 onwards the camry only has 141kw except for sportivos azura etc which have 145kw.
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, typo. 149kw, punches in hard at 4500 rpm before redlining at 6200rpm, very powerful top end..... love it!!!

Groggy low end though, mainly due to auto box, I have driven the manual, has much better low end performance, but acceleration times dont seem too different.

Gears ratios are all different too. Auto pulls harder in 2nd gear, while manual has faster 1st gear.

Still... i'd prefer the manual.
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The USA model produces 137kw because of stricter emmission laws,
Aussie model recieves better performance.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But how does a 1994 cmary/vienta have more power than the current models when they run the same engine, I still stand by the current ones being more powerful, they are faster and yet still in a heavier car, thus they have to have more power.
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, does your camry burn oil scince its done 270 000km?

Just interested.
VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have better torque.

Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The newer motors run the 1MZFE, a different motor to the 3VZFE, and much more refined than the older 1MZFE. The older version ran the same power output as the 3VZFE, however, was more refined in it's acceleration and had a lower power band. Future improvements have bumped the power output higher and higher, right up to the current 1MZFE and newer version 3MZFE.

The sound of my car is AWESOME. Certainly doesnt sound like a Camry. It's got a very deep throaty sound, very nice. With no resonators and straight thru piping to a single canon muffler (also with no extractors) it sound very droney. Way too loud, especially with a POD filter.

If you going to put a system on your car, my setup is good for racey sort of sound, definetly go extractors, and put resonators in if your gna use a canon muffler or two.

If you plan on using 'sports' mufflers like redbacks or something, dont plan on it being loud, it will however have a nice sporty tone and a bit of a burble, but will be much higher pitched and will lack that grunty sound.

My car doensn't blow smoke at allm, it's soooo good condition, for the k's its got. Runs like a dream, strong acceleration, its still in tip top shape, however in realistic terms, i dont think it still produceing the 117kW it comes new with. Maybe...110kW with the mods...not sure exactly.

I am going to get the 3VZFE 5 speed and try and fit it to the 2VZFE. Should be an interesting project.

VientaV6
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not surprised about it not blowing smoke.... typical camry excellence, mine has 190,000 ks and the only prob i have had is cracked exhaust manifold, but have heard that cracks arent that uncommon...?

Still drives like a new car, fantastic engine response and smoothness, auto is one slick shifter, light years ahead of holdens 4 speed.

I have found that since i have clocked more kays on it, the engine feels stronger.

If you take yours on a nice long highway run in third gear for a while, (higher revs) it tends to clean out the carbon and the engine feels much quieter and responsive, espicially in the low range. Also run premium unleaded 95 octane or higher for 5-10% boost in power, makes a huge difference in mine, sounds better too!

I will get a sports sytem rather than a canon muffler, i like the sleek, refined look rather than fat. It wont be loud either.

but hey, thats just me. what type of oil do you use?
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Camry Vienta Exhaust Tue, 26 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous message
you can get extractors for your car be it the 1mzfe or the 3vzfe. its more so what you are willing to put out. JP Performance, make them for the 1mzfe. and you can get your 3vzfe extractors made at Liverpool Exhausts for about 800, this includes all piping from the head to the flexpipe.

your other choices would be to search the scrap yards and see what you can find (are both banks cracked or just one of the headers?) or ring around...

Cheers

Huy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:oil catch can installation
Next Topic:New to the forum (just introducing myself)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 22:56:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082108974456787 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.