Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1G-GE + celica = ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 16:16 Go to next message
i have a mate that is a auto electrician by trade, went round his house the other day and he was working on this old celica, he told me the guy who owns it tried a 1G-GE (2.0l twin cam efi inline 6 yeh?) engine transplant but has never got it to run, its 95% complete and has been to 4 different auto electricians in effort to find its problem.
now if you saw the engine bay you'd freak, it had wires n shit everywhere, full backyard job, auto leccy's worst nightmare "an abortion" as brendon puts it.
anyway it turns out the ecu was to blame for most of the problems and another ecu has been sourced.
but he's having trouble finding a 'ignitor' for the 1G and has asked me to help look for one (ill post in the wanted section aswell) but im also curious as to what vehicle the 1G-GE originaly came out of?

no wreckers seem to have the ignitor and im not sure you will want to know how much a newy is if it can even be bought here.

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These guys might have one, I bought my 1ggte halfcut from them a while back and they had another 1gXXX sitting there in pieces.
http://www.stzautomotive.com.au/
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got an mteu coil with ignitor that looks EXACTLY the same as a 1g geu one that I have spare
ill check it out on next day or two
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id appreciate that!

no one knows where the 1G-GE comes from??
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 09:19

id appreciate that!

no one knows where the 1G-GE comes from??

ive got a 1g ge in my other soarer
finding this part will be hard as i have a million and a half spares of everything
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1G-GE came out in a few cars, the GA60 series Celica and the GX60, 70 and I think 80 series Mark II, Chaser, Cresta. I have a 1G-GE wiring diagram at home, an EPC to look up part numbers, and a spare ignitor from either a M or G series motor. Plus, I am in Perth. Can your mate ID the motor from the plug leads, and give me the year of the engine ? That would help me start to track down the right ignitor. Pick a Part had a 1G-E engined GX62 Chaser there a few months ago but it is crushed now. Let me know.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The old coarers and I think celica XX's came out with 1dde's. I don't know much about celica XX's though so I'm not 100%, just my understanding from reding these forums.

You should be able to get an igniter from any 1G (turbo or blown) that'll work.

Tim
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Thu, 21 October 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do you id the motor from the plug leads? they have been replaced with topgun items, dizzy is at the front of the motor drivers side and spark plugs are positioned in the same fashion as the 1g/1j.

he got some crappy wiring diagram faxed to him, in japanese mind but from what ive seen he only has some wiring on the ecu to go before its completed, im sure he would like to get his hands on any info possible.

im off to work now so you wont hear from me for 8 hrs.

the car is at his house not the work shop but if you could give him a call on 9386 7458 (Nedlands Auto-Electrics / Brendon) im sure you will get all the info YOU need out of him.

Cheers for all the help.

Hope this car gets back on the road soon, ill get some pics up soon, although its nothing special to look at Razz

Todd.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Fri, 22 October 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd,
The year of manufacture is printed on the original plug leads. Its good to know to help get the right parts for that engine, as ignitors can change from year to year. Thanks for passing on his phone number, I will get in touch with him when I can find the time.
Mitch.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Fri, 22 October 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well the original leads have definatly gone, what other ways are there to tell year of manufacture?

dont feel obliged to call if you dont want, my primary goal here is to obtain a compatible igniter for this given 1g-ge, BUT if you have any wiring diagrams or data you could perhaps email me, that would also be great!

supraman@iinet.net.au

Cheers

Todd.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Fri, 22 October 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/loats/technical/ra40 /1ggeconversion.html

scroll down to the engine table
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Fri, 22 October 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for that, its a AFM equipped 1G so 84 - 87 is the approx yom. we thought it was around a 86 from what we gathered.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Fri, 22 October 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i think i might have some wiring diags at home

ill check tonight
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Fri, 22 October 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swoit, thanks for that.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Mon, 25 October 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really need that wiring diagram rob, did you find it?

ive tried googling for the wiring diagram but no good.

can anyone else come up with it? or a ignitor Razz

cheers

Todd.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Mon, 25 October 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this any help?
http://www.sixworks.com.au/html/diagrams.html
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GE + celica = ? Mon, 25 October 2004 04:02 Go to previous message
it turns out it was on one of my hundred backup CDS so couldnt be assed to go thru them all.

it will be the same as the sixworks diagrams dust has posted the link above anyways so u can grab it from there.

soz d00d Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Brake Conversion
Next Topic:Injected engine into carbed car? wiring q's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:50:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046041011810303 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.