Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » XT 130 struts in ra23 celica, wil the brakes work?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
XT 130 struts in ra23 celica, wil the brakes work? Thu, 21 October 2004 23:42 Go to next message
I'm gona do the hilux upgrade on my ra23, but in the interim, I have the xt130 struts to use in the car, and I was wondering if a) I can use the standard brakes that came with the struts and b) there will be any if at all benefit with using those brakes.
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: XT 130 struts in ra23 celica, wil the brakes work? Fri, 22 October 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the single or twin pot calipers that come with the XT130 struts are fine to use on an RA23. You might get a marginal benefit if these brakes are bigger than your standard ones, but it won't be much. You may also have a longer lower pedal if those calipers need more fluid moved to make them work. It should not be enough to require a change of master cylinder, and like anything, you get used to it pretty quickly.
Good luck with it mate.
Cheers,
Mitch.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: XT 130 struts in ra23 celica, wil the brakes work? Fri, 22 October 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing to think of is brake bias, I'm not sure the effect that going to two spot calipers on the front will have. But you might find that pushing on the brake pedal has much the same effect as pulling on the handbrake (due to way out brake bias) Wink

Chers
Wilbo
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: XT 130 struts in ra23 celica, wil the brakes work? Fri, 22 October 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sumitomo twim piston on celica will not throw out your brake bias

it will work fine other than a little bit softer pedal
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: XT 130 struts in ra23 celica, wil the brakes work? Fri, 22 October 2004 08:01 Go to previous message
Recently did the same thing in my KE50 and noticed that the calipers fitted were pretty much identical except for the mounting points. After a full system bleed the pedal feel was identical, so I'm assuming the calipers had the same volume.

Also, I had to swap the struts around (left/right) as the brakes are located on the rear in the XT130, but the front on the Corolla, so the brake lines would've been all messed up.. Don't know if this'll be the same on the Celica.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sfe camry engine differences
Next Topic:Tie rod ends for AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:05:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0032880306243896 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.