Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:21 Go to next message
Sitting in my inbox this morning was the following email:

Quote:

Hello clg,
i was surfing the web when i came across your E-mail address and the(car ) you place on the web for sale,it's been today now that i had been showing interest in it and all my effort had been fruitless. But i was determine to get result today and i got it. But i want to ask this question,are you the owner?,do you have the pics?,is it in good condition?,can you tell me more about it ?and above all how much is the last price you will be willing to sell it for me?I will be glad if you reply to me soon as possble, for us to talk more extensively about this .
Regards .

Not thinking much of it, I replied asking which car he referred to? He asked for what I had for sale, which I listed.

I added him to my Yahoo Messenger as he had a Yahoo address ( mark_spence02@yahoo.com ), and spent an hour talking to him - alarm bells are ringing!

Who else received this email? I know CrUZsida also got it, and it's obviously aimed at people from Toymods.

Having spoken to the author, and looked into the way he wants to do business, I'd suggest anyone else who got this email exercise EXTREME caution!

Clint
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This was mine.
Quote:

Hello ,
i was surfing the web when i came across your E-mail address and the(car) you place on the web for sale,it's been today now that i had been showing interest in it and all my effort had been fruitless. But i was determine to get result today and i got it. But i want to ask this question,are you the owner?,do you have the pics?,is it in good condition?,can you tell me more about it ?and above all how much is the last price you will be willing to sell it for me?I will be glad if you reply to me soon as possble, for us to talk more extensively about this .
Regards .
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He said he was on Toymods, I asked his nickname and was given "leanda", which doesn't come up, nor does his email address?!!!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you reckon he is after addresses? that's crazy

mine probably got caught by spam if I even got one
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's really bad english...can't keep the right tense for three words dammit.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he might be Nigerian Wink
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, he claims to be Spanish!
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got one to clint

i got no idea what he is going on about
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I got it.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:51:11 -0700 (PDT), mark spence <mark_spence02@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello ,
i was surfing the web when i came across your E-mail address and the( CAR) you place on the web for sale,it's been today now that i had been showing interest in it and all my effort had been fruitless. But i was determine to get result today and i got it. But i want to ask this question,are you the owner?,do you have the pics?,is it in good condition?,can you tell me more about it ?and above all how much is the last price you will be willing to sell it for me?I will be glad if you reply to me soon as possble, for us to talk more extensively about this .
Regards .

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel left out.. Sad

I guess my car isn't good enough for him
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the hell is it about?
Why was he sus? What was he saying?
This is weird
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't even have a car for sale!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got left out too...must be a FWD thing...
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got one about a KE30 camber kit, to which i replied, that i didn't have one, and if i did it would be on my ke30 and not for sale. Further more i told him to send an address of this site he spoke of and i will correct the situation immediately.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got one - Who is this guy Smile

Apparently we all own " elenor's "

Sweeettt

Whens mine coming Santa ?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geh with aids guy Razz

Hello ,
i was surfing the web when i came across your E-mail address and the(1jz Front Sump) you place on the web for sale,it's been today now that i had been showing interest in it and all my effort had been fruitless. But i was determine to get result today and i got it. But i want to ask this question,are you the owner?,do you have the pics?,is it in good condition?,can you tell me more about it ?and above all how much is the last price you will be willing to sell it for me?I will be glad if you reply to me soon as possble, for us to talk more extensively about this .
Regards .

Yeh, sif you would want my cars anyway Confused

On a serious note, does seem serial and wack tho anyone have any ideas on what he is trying to pull?

Cheers
Wilbo
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... and the following rule should be added to everyone's email:
is Sender = "Mark Spence", move message to "Deleted Items"
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got something like that a while ago. I just deleted the fugger.
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahaha... Back when i was trying to sell my motorbike this fella said he was wanting to buy it... i replied and he said he was gonna pay 2 grand more than what i wanted and ship it over to london... he said i'll give you 12 grand and it costs 5 grand to ship to london. I said why the hell do yo wanna pay 7 grand for one when you can get the exact same bike in london brand new for like 8. he never emialed back, but a week later i got another sus email from the dude, under a differnt address.. he said he was in nigeria and doing it for his client in london.

jsut got another one today.

exactly like you fellas ones but it was about my water pump (haha i posted a wanted ad for a water pump... in not evenm selling one).

my reply:

Dear sir - you are a c*ck sucker. suck me c*ck

yours truly
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got one too! thought it was wierd
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Tue, 19 October 2004 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got one and replied in a simular fashion to CLG.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Wed, 20 October 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have reached ALERT STATION'S ONE boys.

Toymods is being preyed upon by spammers.

I received this this morning.

bradford jackson <bradford@linuxmail.org> - MZ11 aircon motor

Hello ,
i was surfing the web when i came across your E-mail address
and the(MZ11 aircon motor)you place on the web for sale, it's been two day now
that i had been showing interest in it and all my effort had been
fruitless. But i was determine to get result today and i got it.
But i want to ask this question,are you the owner?, do you have the
pics?,is it in good condition?,can you tell me more
about it ?and above all how much is the last price
you will be willing to sell it for me? I will be glad if
you reply to me soon as possble, for us to talk
more extensively about this .
Regards .

As you can see, the title of this email is the same as the title of this thread, EXACTLY

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=48318&rid=4164&S=feb8eb486345ccf0336801c ff582b4d5&pl_view=&start=0#msg_num_0

I'd say A LOT more will come out in the next few days.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep they're persistant little fuckers - my reply from "Mark" to my ultimatum of only sending payment for the cars not including freight (Yep, the english is still just as bad!):

Quote:

Hello,
sorry that i cool not get back to you since ,i have called my partner that will issue the payment to you but he told me that he can holy send a us check to you for your funds and the shipping company funds together ,i can forward your information to my partner to issue the payment to you,i waiting for your reply.
Regards.
Mark

Given, I'm not doing much this week due to a nice big head cold and the fact I'm half Dutch, so stubborn as a Mule, lets see who gives up first?! I am having fun with this!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl clint! go get im tiger! Laughing
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a couple of emails about a month ago regarding my old sx hatch that was for sale. I actually sold it about 4 months ago, well before the email, the only place he could have found out about it was through toymods. Anyway, his first email mentioned that he was a gaybonesse (yes gaybonesse) young person and that he wanted me to convert the price in to euro for him. I replyed asking what the fuck gaybonesse was and said that i wasn't willing to send my car over seas, I also mentioned that i though he was an idiot.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guys on the drifting.com forums had a simiar problem a few months ago...
From what they gathered is there was a crew of people trying to scam car photos out of the members...
they were asking for car shots at shows, track days etc.
I reckon that these people are trying to scam images off people to sell for use in magazines and on websites etc.
Stock photography is very expensive... these guys are trying to steal your intelectual property and make money out of it...
don't send them anything! actually don't even talk to 'em... they are fucking bottom-feeders!!!
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHOA! I got home today and had a look in my email inbox, sure anough there was a mail titled: yamaha yz426f from a fella called joe scott <revrenjoe@keromail.com>. it reads:

"I am interested in obtaining a bike such as the one you advertised as I am in
the business of obtaining high quality, late model luxury and high performance
cars,trucks,bikes and SUVs.

Everyone who sells a bike has reasons for doing so. I would not be so
presumptuous as to ask what yours are, they are your personal business. If you
are, however, one of the many sellers who find themselves "upside down" in their
bike, and wish to relieve themselves of the burden of an expensive bike payment,
or to be out of a bike quickly for whatever reason, I may be able to help.

Henceforth,every used bike has imperfections. It's up to the purchaser to
determine whether they are acceptable to them, i will require you to give me the
details and the pics of the bike and method of payment and your last offer.

with due ancipitation to hearing from you
Thanks,
Joe."

This is bullshit, im sick and tired off faggots like this mailing me... godammit...

DONT SEND PICS OR INFO FOR ANYTHING YOU HAVE FOR SALE TO ANYONE THAT WRITES YOU A SUS EMAIL!

Stupid bastards
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time for my email addy to come down from toymods' forum Evil or Very Mad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 16:05

Time for my email addy to come down from toymods' forum Evil or Very Mad

Already done it!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything i dont know who its from i ignore.. wouldnt know if i got one or not.. but thats suss as
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing to be aware of guys.
There's no way for someone to get your email address from these forums unless you post it up.

The email that you set for the forums is protected. People can send you emails by clicking on the "Email" button below a post of yours, but they never know your email address until you reply to them.

So these guys might be clicking on the "Email" link and storing your email address if you reply...
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Thu, 21 October 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they could find out ur email by clicking the msn messenger icon on the left as well!! Damn i feel left out!! is my car not good enough?!?!? Mad
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not being sarcastic, but is anyone getting scared? I'm feeling a little unusual in the stomach at the moment.
I hope its not some sort of terrorist activity :jokes:

Anyone tryed playing them at thier own game and send the exact message to them, on second thoughts it may not be a good idea, you don't know who your messing with .........unless his name is "Mark Spence"
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't understand.
Why would they just want pics of the cars or whateva.
Why is it dangerous for them to get in contact with you?
I don't understand what they could do to you.
Its all really weird to me.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol guyzzzz this is all you need to do

sure by all means send him the photos, but put a fantastic 35% transperant watermark over it... say for instance a "T!" Very Happy
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We got one regaurding the sale of DFROST... saying he was from london, but his client who was interested in his car was a 'fuck, i cant remeber what it said but soething like liberest? communist?' something like that, so he needs it all to be kept very confidential and private until the sale was made.... we thought it sounded dodgy so we mailed back asking for tripple the price and we never heard from him again.
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i f@#kin got one too
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I havent received one Crying or Very Sad but so our friends oren't left out I found at least 12 of these email addresses and signed them up for free spam of their own. Can anyone say 419 eater.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done. That'll learn em.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am i not special enough to recieve one Sad
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Who Has Received an Email From "Mark Spence" Fri, 22 October 2004 10:37 Go to previous message
if he isnt trying to get photos then he is probly wanting to buy stuff with a bodgie account. i seen it on TV once, a african guy was buyin australian made aborigional artifacts and apparently the money went into the account fine and after they sent the items away, the bank rang and said they couldnt let them have the money from the african account. so they lost thousands.

damm bastards, good work with the spam sendin Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AWD/Defensive Driver Courses??
Next Topic:MINT trueno on j-spec
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:44:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090279579162598 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.