Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Body and Interior » TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Beefa
Newcomer

October 2004
icon7.gif  TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 00:42 Go to next message
Cool Wanted

TA22 1975 Mod Window winders....good condition if possible..

Contact Beefa Cool

Thanks,
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what exactly you after?
front / rear / both?
compelete system (including rails and all) / just winder?
Beefa
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Thanks for geting back to me...I'm only after one winder for the front but a set would be good. The TA22 that I have just bought is a one owner unit thats all original. spent most of the last four nights going over every thing. Doors still had plastic behing the arm rests and the factory plastic coating inners. The rails and scissors just needed a bit of TLC and thery are great now. The only thing is that the owner before me just put up with a stiff window to wind up and down and flogged out the winder knob at the end of the handle. It will break eventually. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.... Cool
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its just hard you may be better off jsut oiling it up and giving it a few winds for the oil to seep through...

if you want i can get these as i dont need them, you can have both fronts for $30 plus postage. also my bro may be going down to canberra on wednesday/thursday so i MIGHT be able to send it with him. did you want a handle too?
Beefa
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile I think I may have not made myself as clear as I could have...sorry...Just the winder handle...I've fixed all the winder mechanisms in the doors...there good now...windows go up and down nicely...just need a winder handle..

Thanks... Cool
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok, yeah should be fine... $15 inc ph but ill get back to you tonight to make sure i got them spare...
TheNav
Regular

April 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How did you fix your winder mechanisms? my rear two are stuffed, whenever i wind them up, they come off the hindges and they are a bastard to get back on.
Any help would be appreciated, thanx

Nav
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Nav with the rears there is a place (celica spares) that sell aftermarket rollers for the rears
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate took pics of the winders

http://members.optusnet.com.au/fadee/windowwindert op.JPG

http://members.optusnet.com.au/fadee/windowwinderb ottom.JPG

they just need a good clean, some scratches but they are 30 years old. and VERY MINOR play on the black bits (one hardly noticable and the other a couple mm)

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 08:42]

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Fri, 22 October 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nav,
you may be able ro remove the winder mechanism and straighten out any of the arms that are possibly damaged. If the rollers have popped out of the rails it is possible to carefully prise the rails apart and pop the rollers back into position. A hard metal surface and a hammer would ideal tools for this job. I recently had a similar problem and thought i would have to buy all new parts. But i managed to bend back the broken parts and pop everything back into place and now it winds perfectly.
TheNav
Regular

April 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Sat, 23 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps guys, I'll try pulling them out and putting them back into place again. Just in case though, where abouts is the celica spares place and a contact number if possible. Any idea on a price for them?

Thanx again
Nav
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Sat, 23 October 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica spares in in syd, his num is 0297566606
Beefa
Newcomer

October 2004
icon14.gif  Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Sun, 24 October 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies regarding the window winders. Would it be possible to get two winders or would you rather sell them as a set? As for the winder rail problem I was going really well with the left rear until the bottom nylon wheel came out in my hand in eight pieces...Bugga!!...i ended up making a new slider out of a Honda indicator block as a temp fix but now that you guys have talked about this problem I'll get onto the Celica spares dude....thanks heaps!!

Will you contact me in regard to the winders please. Ph 02 6244-5550 or 0415 436 788.

Beefa Cool
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Tue, 26 October 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a problem with my driver side window and replaced the whole assembly with a ra/ta23, only finding out window winders are different, ta22 have short teeth thread that stop half way down in side the te hole of the crank while ra/ta23 have long thread in winder crank. by the way im looking for ra/ta23 window crank as for my ta22 wont fit ra/ta23 male crank piece.

ps i have 1 ta22 window winder crank.
thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 10:16]

Beefa
Newcomer

October 2004
icon14.gif  Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Wed, 27 October 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Well i'd be happy with one at the moment. I havent heard from
Fade -e since I asked him to contact me. How much do you want for the winder handle and does it have much play in the black knob bit?

thanks, Cool
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: TA22 Window winders (Wanted Please) Wed, 27 October 2004 05:48 Go to previous message
there is average/normal play in the black knob i havnt compared/measured it to one in perfect condition. all in all it does the job and in decent enough condition.

ill give it to you for free if you can find me a ra/ta23 or ra28 window winder crank.

note: if ra28 is the same as ra/ta23 window winder crank only.

thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Supra seats FS $350
Next Topic:TRD N2 Body kit for AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 04:52:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051560401916504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.