Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » AE86 Magazine madness!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Thu, 21 October 2004 18:58 Go to next message
The latest "Autosalon" mag with the orange gtr engine swap s15 silvia on the front features "Melbournes 4 best hachiroku's"
Also the latest "Drift Battle" Magazine has a feature on "all things ae86" which features a history and break down of the types of 86 available. Also attached to this is a mag featuring a sr20det drift ae86!.
Looks like the days of mainstream credibility and acceptance have begun and skyrocketing prices may ensue...
  Send a private message to this user    
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Thu, 21 October 2004 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may the good times roll
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its all getting to be a bit much.
So much coverage of this car. Its getting scary.
Maybe more theft, higher prices, and increased insurance may occur throught this popularity surge. But,
I like the magazines. Smile
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Good for sellers, not so good for buyers! Laughing
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry guys. Does anyone remember the Suzuki GTi craze............. Rolling Eyes
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 11:19

Don't worry guys. Does anyone remember the Suzuki GTi craze............. Rolling Eyes

lol yea but there are a few differences:

1. AE86's are actually good Laughing
2. The 86 has a massive cult following in Japan
3. & now thanks to drifting it has a motorsport labled as suited for it,
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol ... did anyone read the lastest Fast Fours mag?

I think there was a confused reader in the usual Readers Letter section asking about 4AG's and RWD corollas ...

The editor is then quoted as replying that if you want a RWD corolla, don't worry and get an AE86 - they are getting cheaper each day due to their age ... Rolling Eyes
DARK86
Regular

June 2004
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well theyre STOOPID!!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Fri, 22 October 2004 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 17:09]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sat, 23 October 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a bit of a read at article.

'4 of the best ae86s' in melbourne is a little subjective. I personally think that they are four the most well 'known' but I've seen a lot of unidentified nice hachis cruising around..

there are a few more which punch out more power, there are a few more which look nicer. There are a few that actually have raced and one competitions. It's just that these ones don't get around that often.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sat, 23 October 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those 4 hachis were nice
but not that nice...
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sat, 23 October 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 16:54

those 4 hachis were nice
but not that nice...

oh garth..your's is soooo much nicer, you're my hero. can i get a photo taken with your car in melbourne?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sat, 23 October 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha shutup steve
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sat, 23 October 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd defently rate alans as THE best hachi in melb...

as for AEXX, the takumi imitation and JY-086... i'd rate in the top 10...

i think improvedae86's is one of the top 4

takai's is also a high rating car now days...

hermans, the 20v turbo and the other panda one with cf bonnet are also high raters...

thats my opinion anyway...
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sat, 23 October 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adams car is easily the best. It may not have all the wank that some of the others have, but I think despite faded paint it still looks and goes the best by far.
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sat, 23 October 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They mix up my interior pics with the Trueno and the AEXX.....

I tried to organise the photo shot for all the Melb's AE86 but they simply said no time coz they want the photos on this issue and believe it or not those pics were taken in the carpark of the Exhibition centre when we were lining up our car into the Exhibition centre for the autosalon few weeks ago. I also told them there were afew more nice AE86 in Sydney/Brisbane/SA and I told them they can get hold of us in toymods...Well I believed that's always another time so that we can make a Australia's AE86 special......to spread out the goods about the Sprinter...not only because of Initial D...........
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 23 October 2004 16:21]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We may be able to get some magazine coverage for our massive hachi roku meet in december?

im not fussed either way, but itd be nice to see 50 hachi rokus in drift battle Wink
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Magazine madness!!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 04:09 Go to previous message
totally... lets get some mags down for the 86 meet in december!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 fuel cap
Next Topic:For those who didnt turn up to the 2004 Canberra Rally Experience, This is what you missed out on!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 04:22:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061318874359131 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.