Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » T series blocks...all the same Water Pump?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 02:19 Go to next message
Hey. My water pump has died and I need to source another one. Just hoping someone could tell me the 2T is the same as the 2TGEU, I figue it will as the blocks are the same. Just wanting to make sure.

Thanks guys.
  Send a private message to this user    
dcleyne
Regular

November 2003
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is my understanding they are different because of the different timing cover needed for the 2T-G.

anyhow, check out
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=36226&rid=4098&S=6259bbae4be6bfa10211e34 a7c9e05f5&pl_view=&start=0#msg_321059

According to that, the 2T pump might be able to to be made to work. I would suspect you'd have to shorten the shaft..

Cheers,
Dan
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was looking at my 3TGTEU and 3T and noticed that their water pumps are exactly the same in every sense other than the fact the the 3T had an extra water outlet for the thermo bypass.

they are the same thickness, holes for nuts and even internal fan thing are the same. like i said the only difference i found was the thermo bypass.

but keep in mind im talking 3T and 3TGTEU
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are 2 different part numbers and they look completely different in the parts catalogue
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 17:40

there are 2 different part numbers and they look completely different in the parts catalogue

care to elaborate Very Happy
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i would but i don't have the catalogue handy, can't even remember which parts company this was through.

all i remember is that when i was scouring the catalogues for 2tg parts a couple of months ago there were different listings for the 2t and the 2tg
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there are 2 different types but they are interchangeable. As mentioned above one has an extra outlet in the housing, but that's easy enough to block off if need be.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sat, 23 October 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 20:30

Yeah there are 2 different types but they are interchangeable. As mentioned above one has an extra outlet in the housing, but that's easy enough to block off if need be.

thats what i noticed, makes things alot easier as the 3TGTEU parts get scarse.

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder if the 3T oil pump is similar if not the same as the 3TGTEU.... doubt it but you nver know, i never really looked at it when i rebuilt the 3T, just flushed it with degreaser back then Rolling Eyes
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sun, 24 October 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcleyne wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 12:31

According to that, the 2T pump might be able to to be made to work. I would suspect you'd have to shorten the shaft..

Cheers,
Dan

Suspect you have to shorten the shaft? Can anyone confirm this please.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: T series blocks...all the same Water Pump? Sun, 24 October 2004 08:04 Go to previous message
There are basically 3 Different water pumps.

As already made clear the single cam pumps have an additional; water outlet that needs to be cut off and blocked up.

The other difference is shaft length. All you ned tho is the matching fan pully so the fan belt lines up Smile The 3T style water pump should have the short shaft and hence has a much smaller and neater pully. It will not only look better but take up less space allowing easier fitment of a thrmo fan Smile

Hope that sums it up Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:st162 jumpy in low rpm acceleration
Next Topic:2TG dizzy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:58:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066139698028564 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.