Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Need help with a computer problem guys!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Need help with a computer problem guys! Sat, 23 October 2004 09:45 Go to next message
Gday Folks! I just loaded WinXP with SP1 onto my brother's computer. The installation of Windows went fine and smooth and runs like a dream. The problem occured when you try and log on to the internet (using a 56k SOFT56 Modem and dial-up). The log in gets up to "Verifying Username and Password" and then stops and comes up with a box that says " All Devices are Conected" then below it is " Error 6 : The handle is Invalid". Then it wants to re-dial. Im stumped! I have reloaded the connection software and re-installed the modem and its software about 6 times to no avail.
Please help people, as someone on here must have an idea how to fix this. Apart from this error when trying to logon, the computer runs sweet!
Help Me!
Regards, Ben.
  Send a private message to this user    
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Need help with a computer problem guys! Sat, 23 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok first off dude, this is the wrong section.. I know there isnt a section on Toymods this would fit into.. but I think admin are starting to get annoyed. so perhaps this wasnt a good idea Smile

Anyway.. to the problem. I've heard of this problem before and I think its somesort of hardware problem. I beleive it can be fixed by resetting your motherboards BIOS. this is either done with a jumper, or you can remove the battery for 15 seconds if its an older motherboard.

If this dousnt work, try physically taking your modem out of the PCI slot and trying another slot, or if theres any PCI cards in your PC you dont use, try removing them and see if it fixes the problem. It could be some sort of IRQ conflict.

I'll PM a copy of this msg as well because when Admin finds it they will no doupt delete it Smile

Hope it helps and goodluck

P.S. If this dousnt work, try the forums on www.valhalla.net.au
They are a local based set of forums for a LAN, and have been help full in the past for problems I've had.

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Need help with a computer problem guys! Sat, 23 October 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tech & conversions

hahahaha Laughing

err - I'd stick this kind of stuff in the outhouse.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Need help with a computer problem guys! Sat, 23 October 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seven of GAFFiO wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 21:11

ok first off dude, this is the wrong section..

Correct Smile

Quote:

I'll PM a copy of this msg as well because when Admin finds it they will no doupt delete it Smile

No need for that.. Outhouse will do fine Smile
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Re: Need help with a computer problem guys! Sun, 24 October 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok...... Now does sanyone know the answer for my problem?
beterthenu
Regular

June 2004
Re: Need help with a computer problem guys! Sun, 24 October 2004 08:58 Go to previous message
hmm your screwed Laughing might have to try blowing away your registry, see what hive is screwed. make sure you do it properly tho Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I'm dobbing, u water waster!!!
Next Topic:Spinning rims - on a pushbike!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 00:52:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.65121698379517 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.