Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs [SOLD]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
[AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs [SOLD] Sat, 23 October 2004 08:24 Go to next message
Both items are for the front:

Pair of Tokico illumina shocks. Stock AE86 length stroke.
5 way adjustable via top of strut.
One is in good condition, the other is stuffed. Will either need rebuild or replacment. But they didnt ride too bad in my car

Make an offer, looking for under [SOLD]

Lovells springs, Quite low, I would guess they would be about 6-7kg/mm (the 8kg springs I replaced them with don't feel any stiffer) Might have a little bit cut off the top (nothing dangerous, no more than a coil), but hard to tell without comparing it to an original.

Make an offer looking for about [SOLD]

Stock AE86 Panhard rod, includes all bushings, straight and good condition. [SOLD]

Located in Adealaide, but shippings not a problem.

Cheers, Sean.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 07:19]

Send a private message to this user    
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs. Sat, 23 October 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i get some pics of the struts
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs. Sat, 23 October 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any idea what it would cost to rebuild them or who would do it?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs. Sat, 23 October 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TSR (shockreco.com.au I think) would probably be able to do it. I had a similar situation with some GAB adjustables which needed rebuilding. The seller was nice enough to take care of it for me though Smile
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs. Sun, 24 October 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u have a pm
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs. Sun, 24 October 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no idea on the cost of a rebuild, I've never done it before.
I have heard good things about TSR though, they would be able to do this sort of thing.

Whats funnys is I had been driving on these shocks for almost 2 years and didnt notice that their was a problem with one of them until Steve(Aspec) had them out to make them into coilovers.

I got a pic up of the springs and shocks here (quite large)

http://wtljkane.customer.netspace.net.au/susp.jpg

And for the people asking how low the springs sit, this is my car with them in:

http://wtljkane.customer.netspace.net.au/na1600fro nt.jpg
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs. Sun, 24 October 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Updated first post to include a stock panhard rod for sale aswell.

Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs. Sun, 24 October 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Ive tried emailing them so Ill see how much they charge. Found a possible place here in SA as well and might ring them when I get some free time.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Sun, 24 October 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocks and Springs are SOLD, pending payment and pickup.

Thanks for the interest.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Mon, 25 October 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Skanes,

Did you get a replacement panhard? I need one, my bushes are suffering from sitting low stress!

If so which one did you opt for?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Mon, 25 October 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I used a whiteline adjustable one.
Got it when SteveAE86 did a group buy a while back.

Not much to a panhard rod, but it came with some nice bushes, and adjustable (although mine was allinged pretty straight anyway) Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Mon, 25 October 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do they retail and how much you guys get em for?
How much adjustment did you need to make it sit well as opposed to the stock one?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Mon, 25 October 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they retail for about $115?
Got it for $105 I think, which was minus the freight?
It was ages ago, and I can't remember, they arn't the most expensive item when it comes to suspension though!

My car isn't ultra low at the back, and the shell is pretty straight so I just chucked it in at the same length as my stock one.
I let the wheel allignment place fine tune it to match up with my front wheels, picking it up today so I'll ask them how much they had to move it.

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Tue, 26 October 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool.

let us know
pjRacing
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Mon, 08 November 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there i would be interested in the springs for sure. Is it a full set, or just a pair,
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: [AE86] Tokico Illumina shocks + Lovells springs + panhard rod Tue, 09 November 2004 03:42 Go to previous message
They were just front springs, and are now SOLD.

AE86Slaver, sorry forgot about your question.
They didn't move the diff over much, but it was enough to put the steering wheel slightly out.
I had to move the boss kit around a little bit, but drives pretty straight now, ie no hands needed on a straight road! pretty good for a AE86 with hard springs etc..

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18inch 'Auscar' Alloys For Sale
Next Topic:Corolla sway bar, tyres... - ACT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:48:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056030750274658 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.