Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bigby 3tg
Occasional Poster

October 2004
3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sat, 23 October 2004 03:19 Go to next message
Im thinking of ordering custom rods and pistons from the US but the combo is for 7.6 c/r 3tc, are the rods in the 3tc the same specs as a 3tg size wise and would the pistons be okay im not sure wether 3tc pistons have any major differences besides the compression ratio. If not would these be okay, here is the website

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/ is ts under toyota and piston/rod combos
  Send a private message to this user    
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sat, 23 October 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rods in a 3TC are the same as a 2T and 2TG, but the compression height of the pistons are different, the 3T is higher. so in a 3TG you have to have the 3T pistons modified (fly cut) in order to clear the exhaust valve of a 2TG head, or get them custom made with the recesses already cut/forged.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sat, 23 October 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bigby,

What sort of engine are you building ??? Most T series engine builds don't warrant custom rods.

Yes 3T and 2T-G rods are the same length.

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sat, 23 October 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, mate I found if you run 60 degrees of ignition advance on top of the 20 degrees or so it's already running at 20psi and blow a headgasket and be a dickhead and keep on it to save some face..... that is the limit of the rods Smile

Bigby 3tg
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 3tg is for a track car. im hoping around 400-450 hp im running a t04 turbo external wastegate, i have custom intake etc huge cooler and a haltech e6x already set up but i want a bullet proof bottom end to so i can put everything to good use. I have S. Moloney doing a grind on the cams. So i figured rods might be a good option. What are your thoughts and do u recomend a certain type of dropforged pistons.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Normaly, 3T-C pistoms need to be slightly moderfyed when used with the gibber valves in the 2T-G head. But after market 3T pistons from USA will already have valve reliefs to suit any 2T-G or 3T-GTE valves. The final compression ratio will depend on what head you have. 2T-G head will give a higher compression than a 2T or 3T-C head.
Bigby 3tg
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info guys, i think ill sort out the pistons here in Australia i mean better safe then sorry but ill think ill get the rods from the US
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate there are so mant 3T, 3TC, 13T, 3TGTEUs (in parts) here why would you have to go OS to get parts???

buy what people have here as it would be cheaper and get it nitrided for extra strength if you want. personally i recon its a waste to go OS for parts we have here
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bigby,

Where are you located ? I'd be interested to see your custom plenum.

You will want the forged pistons for what you are doing and given its Turbo Iwouldn't go to far with the Oversizing. If you PM YelloRolla he can most likely help you out with some nice Wisco pistons to sut your application. We are using a set in a motor we are building for Scrote (My Bro) and they are a good bit of gear.

As for Rods, Eagle make a set but I beleive the pin height is wrong so possibly try Argo. If you get the stock 3T-GTE ones linished and shot peened they should be ok but some H beam Forged items would be worthwhile.

Would be interested to here what cam specs you are having ground as well ?

Good luck with it.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod,
Looking at the rods on that website they appear to suit the application. I have not compared the measurements listed to the standard rod - but like I said they appear to be about correct.
Not too dear too!
Maybe TurboRA28 could use some of these for his 60deg ingition advance escapades.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see the Eagle Rod listing even lists them as over length, Good to see the brain matter still gets it right some times lol.

Bigby 3tg
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was looking at the crower ones they come in the standard size and slightly smaller lengths for 669 us thats about 1120 landed with customs etc and they come with pressure fed oil to the pin. And toyman i will have my manilfold back in about a couple of days ill be sure to email or post the pics if u like i just had to get it welded to the runners just to make sure it wont leak. and also the cam specs not to sure how long hes going to take i only sent them to get done about 5 days ago but ill keep ya posted.
Bigby 3tg
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Sun, 24 October 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also i have to get a manifold made up to suit my t04 with a delta gate does anyone know of someone who can whip me up a decent manifold
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Mon, 25 October 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM YelloRolla he made mine, His and TurboRA28's Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Mon, 25 October 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup he did a top job on mine, highly recommended.

Cheers
Joel
Bigby 3tg
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 3tg/ 3tc custom rods Mon, 25 October 2004 09:52 Go to previous message
Ill get in contact with him asap, last question for this post guys does anyone have the specs on a standard 3tg rod because those rods for a 3tc come in 3 different sizes eagle's are 8,850 pauter are 8.835 and crower are 8.884 Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil viscity and spark plug heat range for 1G
Next Topic:Is it possible to get an additive for your coolant that leaves deposits where there are leaks?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 20:18:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061631202697754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.