Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
icon14.gif  MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Tue, 19 October 2004 03:52 Go to next message
Hi, I'm heading off overseas in early January and need to sell my car. Details as follows:

-1990 Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
-Red
-Targa Top
-Fairly Stock
-MP3 Player
-JBL Speakers
-MOMO Millenium Steering Wheel
-Remote Keyless Entry
-Immobiliser
-Boost Gauge
-Strut Braces

**Price reduced to $12,900** and the car lives at Kelvin Grove. I can be contacted on 0405 410 632 or via email at pisstron2000@hotmail.com

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2004 00:01]

Send a private message to this user    
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 19 October 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kms?
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 19 October 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just over 200kms. I'd say these are genuine, unlike a large number of imports that arrive in Australia with 80 something thousand kms and worn seats, pedals and steering wheels...

Had 200,000km service not that long ago. Timing belt was changed a few thousand kms ago.
HYPA-NOVA
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 19 October 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes like they have far to drive in japan anyway
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 19 October 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think thats a wives tale that they dont drive very far, I know most of my driving is done around town, not in the outback or across the nullabor...

Sure they maybe don't drive as far as us, but c'mon, 80 thousand odd kms seems to be a magical figure that all the odometers say when they land here, if you were to believe that they havent been wound back a lot of the time you are living in fairy land.

Look at the import sites and you will see that many early 90s silvias, skylines, mr2s etc all seem to be around this 75-85k mark. Then have a look at some of the newer imports coming in like r34 skylines, s15s etc. Many of them will also say 60+ thousand kms and they are less than half the age...

Sorry for the thesis.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 19 October 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tampering with the odometer is surprisingly common in Japan.
There's no way someone exporting the car will ever have the history traced.

Non city cars can travel a lot of distance, but city cars should have operating hours measures rather than odometers as they spend most of their time idling in traffic.
That's the reason most Japan cars I've seen have an exhaust temp overheat warning light for when the cat converter gets too hot.

Good luck with the sale but you're asking a lot more than I'd be prepared to pay for a car of this age & that many kms.
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 19 October 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks wagonist, the price is a little negotiable.
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Fri, 22 October 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are a couple of dodgy pics, i can take better ones for anyone thats intetrested.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7372

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7373

Attachment: Front.jpg
(Size: 34.09KB, Downloaded 1032 time(s))
Attachment: side.jpg
(Size: 39.05KB, Downloaded 1033 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 03:24]

ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Fri, 22 October 2004 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like it, wish i lived in Brisbane to check it out. How long have you had it for sale?
and you need to sell urgently?

if you had some interior picks and engine picks that would be nice Rolling Eyes

thanks bud
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Sun, 24 October 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well actually in Japan cars are often sold with low kilometres because the government subsidises (provides money to the car companies so that they can sell them to the Japanese public at a cheaper price) new cars HEAVILY so it's common that a second hand car can lose upto 75% of it's value within 4 or 5 years because the cost of buying a new car has been lessened a great deal. Also owning a car requires having a parking space beforehand (you cannot purchase a car without proving you have one). Cars are thus seen as a bit of a luxury and seen as something 'most' people take joy in taking care of.

A 300zx Twin Turbo (grade 4-5) only costs $3,000 (roughly) Australian in Japan at auctions Shocked
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Mon, 25 October 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Token-Mr2 - Thanks, Its only been for sale for the last week and yes I'd like to sell it as soon as I can to help pay for my overseas trip.

I'll try and get some better pics along with some interior shots shortly.

thu187 - Yeah you are probably right, but that doesnt change the fact that a helluva lot of imports have had their odometers wound back by the time they arrive in Australia...
ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Mon, 25 October 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate that'll be great..
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 26 October 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more pics

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7447

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7448

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7449

Attachment: interior.jpg
(Size: 57.92KB, Downloaded 827 time(s))
Attachment: outside1.jpg
(Size: 70.46KB, Downloaded 827 time(s))
Attachment: outside2.jpg
(Size: 80.24KB, Downloaded 801 time(s))

ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Tue, 26 October 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooooo aaaah beautifull interior and loving the steering wheel!
hey, the gear stick in an MR2 how does it shift, as in, does it just click right into place. Like, Honda shifters i find are really nice move in and out of gears because the click. How goes in an MR2?... Rolling Eyes
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Wed, 03 November 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
**Price Dropped to $12,900**

ToKeN-MR2: Gearbox is excellent, was rebuilt last year.
ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Wed, 03 November 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey just wondering how much your insurance costs per year and how old are you? oh, and what insurance Smile
thanks
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Wed, 03 November 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Insurance if i remember correctly cost me $1070 full comprehensive for the year, through Just Cars. Im 24 and rating 1.
ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Thu, 04 November 2004 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's very cheap
I'm 19 with no rating, so i think i'll lay off the turbo for a while, unless of course i can score insurance through my parents
AE82neo
Regular

June 2002
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Fri, 05 November 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For interests sake im 19, and for a MR2 Turbo it would cost me $2800 full comp through just cars.
ToKeN-MR2
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Sun, 07 November 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouchi, bet understandable
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Sun, 07 November 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That speedo must be in miles? My N/A speedo goes to 260...anyway 12K for a SW20 GT is a f*@king bargin, someone buy this!!!

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2004 09:17]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale [Brisbane] Sun, 07 November 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 20:17

That speedo must be in miles? My N/A speedo goes to 260...anyway 12K for a SW20 GT is a f*@king bargin, someone buy this!!!

japppan has 180 km/h speed limiter ... hence all jap import cars read up to 180km/h unless they are modified to read something else ! Razz
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Sun, 07 November 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had no idea that they were speed limited to 180 Embarassed thanks for the info Les.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Sun, 07 November 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s'all good brudder
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Wed, 24 November 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi - Car was sold (well I took a deposit), but the buyer has had some trouble with finance, so the car is back up for sale again.

Sorry if anyone phoned me and I told them it was sold.
pisstron2000
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: MR2 GT Turbo For Sale *Price Reduced* Mon, 13 December 2004 06:46 Go to previous message
CAR IS FOR SALE AGAIN everything needed for the safety certificate will be done on wednesday and it will be ready to go immediately.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:For Sale Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
Next Topic:SOLD SOLD SOLD OLD-12C for sale 74 ta22 celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 05:55:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067689418792725 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.