Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sat, 23 October 2004 23:59 Go to next message
as above: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel?
i have taken the nut out but the wheel seems stuck in, are there other things holding it in place? Confused

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would think you need to pull really REALLY hard.. (and try not to smack yourself in the mouth when it finally comes free)
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope just the single large nut in the center.

You gotta pull really hard though, like feet pressed against firewall and kinda wiggle wheel from left to right, up and down, while pulling it. Eventually will come off and probably smack you in the face ..
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found mine was really easy to remove. Just loosen the nut to near the end of the thread then hands at top and bottom and wiggle. Should come off with almost no effort and just incase the nut is there to stop you hitting yourself in the face.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 10:12

I found mine was really easy to remove. Just loosen the nut to near the end of the thread then hands at top and bottom and wiggle. Should come off with almost no effort and just incase the nut is there to stop you hitting yourself in the face.

Had possibly been removed/replaced at some previous stage? But yes, leaving the nut threaded on can be a good jaw saver Wink
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bang in forward then pull it back and repeat this till it comes off
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks
i was thinking there was somekind of hidden nut or screw or cheat code you had to enter Confused

replacing with twincam steering wheel Surprised
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hit the hub of the wheel with a hammer too, that helps. doesnt have to be too hard.

and make sure you stick the S for sprinter somwhere silly
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a trick to taking off steering wheels. You don't need to pull with all your might. you don't break your teeth either.

1. Loosen the big nut in the middle a few turns.
2. Bang your fists on the face of the steering wheel, at 3 o'clock postion, and then at 9 o'clock position. It should be loose now. if not bang more.
3. undo nut and lift wheel off.

dodgydan
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Sun, 24 October 2004 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its amusing when you actually see how many ppl have managed to hit themselves in the face with steering wheels...Very Happy i would of thought that its common knowledge that when u pull on something it actually goes in the direction its being pulled Rolling Eyes

Adam

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Mon, 25 October 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea the dam thing was hard to take out
but in the end i just hit the back of the steering wheel afew times with a hammer and it poped out and not getting hit in the face Surprised

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7424

thanks all
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Mon, 25 October 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err...buy a puller?

losen the nut to the end of the shaft if you're going to hit it, cause if you damage the thread you'll be in trouble.

before I bought my puller (yeah, I was a stubborn bitch too...) I would losen the nut to the top of the shaft (so you hit nut and not shaft whit the hammer) jam your knees up under the teering wheel, pushing it off (hard!) and smack the nut in the center with the hammer.

Tim.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: how to remove stock sprinter steering wheel? Mon, 25 October 2004 03:34 Go to previous message
i didnt put the nut all the way out just lose enough to see when the wheel had poped out
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Injected engine into carbed car? wiring q's
Next Topic:4age adjustable cam gears how do u adjust
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 22:30:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088880062103271 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.