Toymods » General Car Talk » Should I even try asking for fairness

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 11:46 Go to next message
Well tonight I got pulled over for no reason. as usual.. cops tailed me from the second i left work about 2 km's.. and pulled me over.
at this stage i should note ive only got an auto license.

so he pulls me over and gives me the 3rd degree.. he was a bastard at the start but became reasonable when I was actually really nice and polite and not at all pissed off.
Ive got fined for failing to comply with my license, its only 1 point and 75 dollars.
I realise this is an offence and all.. but that 1 point has given me 4 total(loss of license)
I got caught speeding about a year and a half ago at start of my license.. i was 17 over or something at 2 am in morning.
I was wondering if i should even bother writing to the place and try get that 1 point dropped.. I think a 75 dollar fine is enough for a 1st offence. like ill admit i did it.. wont try to lessen the dollar ammount.. but the 1 point.
what does everyone think?
  Send a private message to this user    
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you prove competence with a manual vehicle in the form of some form of advanced driver education ?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
proving competance has nothing to do with knowingly breaking the law

if you want to contest the fine then it will cost you money (e.g. court costs) and probably longer period of loss of license.

if the magistrate asks you if you knew your licence was only for auto and you reply 'yes' if will cost you money (e..g. stop wasting my time you knew you should have correct license, ' guilty', next ...)

if you reply in the negative you'll get the same plus with more raised eyebrows (e.g. yeah, sure you didn't know... and i'm the tooth fairy, ' guilty', next ...)

you could try writing a letter to the cops or SPERS (when they send you a polite letter asking for money) but it'll be read by a public servant who doen't really give a damn about your ability to drive or anything actually

so... you could try asking for fairness, but it's more likely that they'll say that its fairer to apply the law the same to everyone.

important thing to remember: license disqualification period starts from when you hand the thing in, not the date of the offence.

next impotant thing to do? get a proper license.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad luck
your gonna have to cop it
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No point contesting it, just pay the fine lose your lisence and ask for it back again, you will get it back, I did. You will probably be given it back on condition that u dont lose any more points until you get your opens, thats what happened to me, altho I had 2 weeks till I got my opens Smile.

I had to go to court, all I did was wak in, the magistrate gives you the "driving is a privilege not a right" speech and tells you if he sees you again you wont get it back.
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always just write them a letter and see how it goes. i got out of losing my licence when on my p's by doing this claiming i was unfairly treated and harassed due to my choice of car and p plate.

can you put off paying long enough till u get some more points. also another option
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So i went through and read the rules from qld transport(before i ent out and got drunk tonight..so excuse the typing)
and its only if you accumilate 4 points within a year.
luckily my speeding fine was a year and a half ago
so I wont lose my license.
So ill just cop the fine and pay it.
However ill have to get a manual license before driving my car again.
Is it unwise to take the test in my car(look at avatar).. would they fail me on the sight of my car?
thats the only manual car I have access too
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Generally it needs to have working brake lights, working inidicators, a seat belt for the driving instructor, two side mirrors, rear view mirror and you should be ok. Except I don't think they take cars that are turbo or high powered.

I can understand your situation. I've only got an auto license and I'm getting a manual car (sprinter!) and I don't know whether I should go and get a manual license.. or wait until February when I get my green P's (able to drive auto and manual). It seems like such a hassle, having to book the test, wait weeks and go through all that crap again.

I know there are a lot of people who drive manual on an auto license.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 04:07

Generally it needs to have working brake lights, working inidicators, a seat belt for the driving instructor, two side mirrors, rear view mirror and you should be ok. Except I don't think they take cars that are turbo or high powered.

I can understand your situation. I've only got an auto license and I'm getting a manual car (sprinter!) and I don't know whether I should go and get a manual license.. or wait until February when I get my green P's (able to drive auto and manual). It seems like such a hassle, having to book the test, wait weeks and go through all that crap again.

I know there are a lot of people who drive manual on an auto license.

exactly.. its not as if Im not competent, and te only reason I have my auto license is cause i got failed for a bullshit reason where I shouldnt have.
So i was broke and had no money left and went for the test in my soarer, which was auto at the time.
SO now i cant drive anything until I get my manual license... poor soarer.
does anyone know if the rule is 4 points within a year or 4 points in the 3 yrs
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also.. the wanker at the end of it came up to me and said
"if you want to have a fast and the furious car, make sure you have a fast and the furious license".. what a fag
amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sat, 23 October 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to a driving school, get a 1 hour lesson (around $30) and take the drive test over the second half hour of that lesson. Piece o' cake.

Or that's what you "should" do. Here's my funny license story... I learned to drive mostly in my friend's Camaro and also a couple of utes... but i took the drive test in a little Cavalier (kinda like an Astra i guess). I failed dramatically in the first 10 seconds (still blame it on the dickhead in the truck who came screaming round the corner but hey)... Come back a week later driving the Camaro and i passed the damn thing with the window down and music on and spending most of the time chatting to the instructor about random shit nothing to do with cars. Maybe it's better to just go in the car you're comfortable in and used to?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amwtoy wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 09:53

Go to a driving school, get a 1 hour lesson (around $30) and take the drive test over the second half hour of that lesson. Piece o' cake.

Or that's what you "should" do. Here's my funny license story... I learned to drive mostly in my friend's Camaro and also a couple of utes... but i took the drive test in a little Cavalier (kinda like an Astra i guess). I failed dramatically in the first 10 seconds (still blame it on the dickhead in the truck who came screaming round the corner but hey)... Come back a week later driving the Camaro and i passed the damn thing with the window down and music on and spending most of the time chatting to the instructor about random shit nothing to do with cars. Maybe it's better to just go in the car you're comfortable in and used to?

yeah.. but look at my avatar... what u cant see in that pic is my big nasty IC hanging out the front Smile
id also have to fix my right front indicator which isnt a bulb problem.. it blows one every time I put one in.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 09:50

also.. the wanker at the end of it came up to me and said
"if you want to have a fast and the furious car, make sure you have a fast and the furious license".. what a fag

Baaahaha!!! What a classic.. Even more funny as Police cars are Auto aren't they?

Don't know if you've really got much chance of appealing it though.. I mean you knew your license was only valid for an automatic and yet you're driving a manual car. IMO just cop the one point and take the test for a manual license (preferably in a driving school car - not your Soarer! Laughing )
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can take your driving test in any car that would pass a RWC

friend of mine got his licence in one of his brothers cars(S15 200sx with a dirty great big cooler peaking out from under the front Wink ) that beast was putting down over 230rwkw at the time
more so now, the thing is nuts!

it would probably be more benifitial for you to take it in your soarer anyways
you'd be alot more comfortable with it as you drive it on a daily basis

[Updated on: Sun, 24 October 2004 00:12]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol manual and auto licence what the hell?

In SA, u just get ur licence and u can drive anything! i did all my lessons and the test in an auto, but all my cars have been manual.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am fairly sure that you get your points back after 1 year so you should have 3 points now. Check with the RTA obviously. If you are on 0 points they will send you the "do you want to be a good boy for 12 months or lose your licence for 3 months" letter.

and LOL at the cop's "fast and furious" comment.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bastard.. i wish it was like that here
anyway.. fixed up the fucked indicator.. and booked a test for..... tomorrow Smile
if i fail... ill shoot myself lol
and im goin in the soarer but i wound all the response and boost out of it
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i feel ashamed that they can even compare my car to FATF... its got no badges.. no rice... no stickers... nothing lol
fatf was bad for the scene in the way of posers.. and bad for us in the way of wanker cops
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How does it work in qld, i know in nsw i took my Ps test on an auto and then after i got on my greens the auto restriction was removed.
amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That comment by the cop is funny as! FATF was just a fun action movie, car nerds shouldn't take it seriously. It wasn't supposed to be serious. It's like Hackers ("never fear, i is here...") And then Vin: "granny shifting and not double-clutching like you should"... during the drag! Ahaha! "A worm AND a virus? The plot thickens."
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 11:34

How does it work in qld, i know in nsw i took my Ps test on an auto and then after i got on my greens the auto restriction was removed.

you either go for your auto's (wusses Razz) or your manuals. You don't advance to a manual licence from an auto one unless you go and take the test in a manual. Which makes sense to me Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doh eh....

at least the licensing systems isn't as stupid as it is for motorbikes (urgh it shits me).

good luck with the test tomoz btw

Cheers
Wilbo
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a word of caution - the testing officer will inspect a privately owned car to determine if it is (in their opinion) roadworthy and safe to dive.

they can fail you on the simplest thing such as non-working interior demistor or a blown indicator bulb on the dashboard.

... so something totally unrelated to your driving can trash the test.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 19:28

just a word of caution - the testing officer will inspect a privately owned car to determine if it is (in their opinion) roadworthy and safe to dive.

they can fail you on the simplest thing such as non-working interior demistor or a blown indicator bulb on the dashboard.

... so something totally unrelated to your driving can trash the test.

interior dimister works.. all bulbs work as far as i can remember.. though reverse lights might be out
has no windscreen wiper washer bottle.

what u reckon the testing guy will do.. make me do a full on test or just see that I can drive a manual?
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so if you get an auto license first over there, how are you meant to learn a manual before going for the test?? put your l's back up or something? or do they just assume that people will do it dodgy and then they get to fine them
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Sun, 24 October 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 23:25

so if you get an auto license first over there, how are you meant to learn a manual before going for the test?? put your l's back up or something? or do they just assume that people will do it dodgy and then they get to fine them

you can still drive a manual with a person with a manual license in passenger seat.. the guy in the passenger seat didnt have a license ayt all
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Mon, 25 October 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My reverse lights dont work.. they werent hooked up in conversion.. am i fucked?
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Mon, 25 October 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldnt be that hard to hook up the reverse lights.

If u really want to find out how many points you got go to Queensland transport and ask, if u get a nice person they will tell you, otherwise they make u pay around $15 for your driving history.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Mon, 25 October 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 13:26

shouldnt be that hard to hook up the reverse lights.

If u really want to find out how many points you got go to Queensland transport and ask, if u get a nice person they will tell you, otherwise they make u pay around $15 for your driving history.

couldnt get reverse lights going Sad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Mon, 25 October 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt even get out of the drive way.. turns out my car didnt have a horn..
got my money back to try for another test
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Mon, 25 October 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 12:11

You are a dong.
Its 2 wires.
One gets given 12v ign, one connect to the reversing lights (there is a connection in the loom above the glovebox)
Done

(FYI, I'm just as slack, been a year, still haven't done it)
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Mon, 25 October 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just dont pay the fine till you have your black lic. an 12 points.
The extra points will come of your new full lic.
I had a cop suggest this to me when I got pulled over doing 96 in a 60 zone when i was on the last 2 months of my p's.
I did it and I never lost my lic. But that was 16 years ago! Shocked
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 18:08

Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 12:11

You are a dong.
Its 2 wires.
One gets given 12v ign, one connect to the reversing lights (there is a connection in the loom above the glovebox)
Done

(FYI, I'm just as slack, been a year, still haven't done it)

yeha.. we are doing it tomorrow.. or this arvo.. I know where the wires are.. just a cunt to get to..
got the horn working like 2 mins after i got home and ripped one from parts car
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 19:28

...what i said earlier...
Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 03:32]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 20:22

Just dont pay the fine till you have your black lic. an 12 points.
The extra points will come of your new full lic.
I had a cop suggest this to me when I got pulled over doing 96 in a 60 zone when i was on the last 2 months of my p's.
I did it and I never lost my lic. But that was 16 years ago! Shocked

That little loophole probably doesn't work anymore Sad Probably an attempt to cover up that the fines are mostly there to raise money for donuts and dirty hookers Rolling Eyes

When I was done for 123 in a 110 zone (P plates Rolling Eyes ) I got a letter about 3 months later saying "please hand in your license biyatch!!!" which wasn't what I wanted to do thats for sure Smile

Instead of letting me go 12 months more without any questions asked on my P's, I had to go to court and tell them that I needed my license for work... and then I used the whole "I also have a poor little sister that relies on me to take her places" thing... worked a treat, ended up with a 6 month extension on my P's... Bastards.

123 in a 110 zone is soooo dangerous Rolling Eyes Funnily enough, a goverment subaru WRX and magna flew by me at about 140-150 moments before the place where the piggie was hiding doing gay hair styles with his hair dryer.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i miss driving my car Sad
next test next monday
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goodluck!

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are funny Charles Smile

I suppose it was lucky you got to take for a drive on Saturday then hey Johal!

Have you never tried to use your horn before?

good luck with the test.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 19:33

You are funny Charles Smile

I suppose it was lucky you got to take for a drive on Saturday then hey Johal!

Have you never tried to use your horn before?

good luck with the test.

fuck no.. i dont drive close enough to people etc for them to cut me off
chris:.. ive still gotta take you out on a cold day.. my car needs some serious heat management.
today was grand.. scared the shit outa my mates dad
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Should I even try asking for fairness Tue, 26 October 2004 10:00 Go to previous message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 19:52

fuck no.. i dont drive close enough to people etc for them to cut me off
chris:.. ive still gotta take you out on a cold day.. my car needs some serious heat management.
today was grand.. scared the shit outa my mates dad

sounds good.

I use my horn to "friendly" toot random people on the side of the road to see their reactions when I am bored. Smile I had some nice air horns in the old Rodeo though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New to the forum (just introducing myself)
Next Topic:Old Landcruisers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:21:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008404016494751 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.