Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » The AE86 To Get!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 10:15 Go to next message
This notice is for anyone who is looking to build a very quick 86 i have done all of the hard work and it hasnt even been on the road yet, i plan to finish all that i have started with regards to the car and get it road worthy and running perfectly and then i will properly put it up for sale. this notice is for anyone looking at the moment. Its eta should be two weeks from now give or take when i can arrange a dyno tune. Anyway i have no photos yet but i have a list of things that have been done they are:
-complete 4agze (aw11) motor
-latest microtech ems LT8s
-huge frontmount Intercooler 550x300x76
-full s/s i/c piping
-oil cooler
-2.5" exhaust system
-vl turbo fuel pump w/ big surge tank
-relocated battery (in boot)
-lowered
-supra 14"s
-biggger radiator
so there is all the hard work done for some one, the car is straight, its red w/ sun roof and has a few other custom bits to make it work better.

email me with any Questions if you like.

Cheers!
  Send a private message to this user    
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much u after
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics as soon as u can get em champ, and rough price tag.
ne brake upgrades? lsd? etc
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys i forgot to mention the brake situation, it has ventalated front rotors and a different tail end with big disc brakes at the back and a bigger diff, i think its out of a rwd celica or something that part of the car was done by the previous owner.

regarding price well i havent thought that far ahead but i will look at offers.

the car is in melb and it is still in a work stand, thats where its been for about 4 months
type one
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like something i'd be interested in and you're in the right state as well... let me know when i can come and have a look and negotiate some prices.

levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is still at a workshop and is nearly finished i would much rather show it when its finished but i do have some photos that i took with my phone camera the lens was abit dirty but it should give you an idea.http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7417http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7418http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7419

Attachment: DSC00052.JPG
(Size: 34.11KB, Downloaded 1456 time(s))
Attachment: DSC00062.JPG
(Size: 29.31KB, Downloaded 1451 time(s))
Attachment: DSC00065.JPG
(Size: 29.63KB, Downloaded 1435 time(s))

kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im presuming its supercharger not turbocharger?
if only u were in syd n it was turbo Sad
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its SC i wanted to leave it like that so i could run in the engine in and then re-asses how the car go's and if it is wroth turbo-ing or not. it should be alot of fun to drive on the street its light and has no lag and lots of torque what more else would you want?
Supergal
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sick of everyone always saying

"if only you were in Sydney"
"if only you were in Melbourne"
"if only you were in Queensland" blah balah blah Mad Mad

get off your asses get on a plane (which is not that dear)
and go check out the car in person, If it is the car of your
dreams and what you have been looking for, then buy it and
either drive the thing home or get the thing shipped. if its what your looking for then its worth it.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it might help if you told people where you are.

ill guess at vic
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Sun, 24 October 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levin_life wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 21:14

the car is in melb and it is still in a work stand, thats where its been for about 4 months

the guy already mentioned it a few posts ago dude
Wind86
Regular

September 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny to see the antenna is at the middle of the top... is all the sunroof models like this? Surprised
type one
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just let me know when i can come and see it... ie when you're ready to unveil it to the world Smile

mrchox
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the gearbox? is it stock?
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know when its out of the workshop.
I want to have a look see.
No ballpark figure?
Whats it in teh workshop for?
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car is in Melbourne
it has the t50 gearbox
also the old guy before me put the aerial on the roof like that,
i think he thought it would work better?
ball park figure, due to not needing to sell it i have had a few offers from people so far they have started low and now the offers are getting much higher almost now in the teens. so i hope that gives ppl an idea of going price.

there will be more pics soon when i was it.
PS: the reason it in a workshop is because all the work has been done professionally.
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could just tell us roughly how much ur after i dont want to b making ridiculous offers, makes it easier if u just tell us wat u want then go from there....
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have been looking around and i see that there is
quite alot of interest building towards this model so even though there is others out there this one has alot of tuning
potential also it will be in great working order.
regarding price im looking around the $14,000 mark
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanx
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14k for a car u not sure whats in it? Rolling Eyes
Righto. Gl with the sale.
type one
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Mon, 25 October 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that's out of my price range... gl with the sale.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levin_life wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 18:53

ball park figure, due to not needing to sell it i have had a few offers from people so far they have started low and now the offers are getting much higher almost now in the teens. so i hope that gives ppl an idea of going price.

i'm quite suprised Rolling Eyes

levin_life wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 20:27

well i have been looking around and i see that there is
quite alot of interest building towards this model so even though there is others out there this one has alot of tuning
potential also it will be in great working order.
regarding price im looking around the $14,000 mark

wow...i had to do a double take. Are you trying to sell this for what is has? Or what it is?

no offence dude, but i have almost identical mods to mine + a whole lot more, and seeing as it's been a few years since i bought it, i can't imagine an ae86 can appreciate THAT much in price Confused
D1-SPEC
Regular

May 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude yeah dont mean to spoil your party... But i bought my car for far less then that complete with alot more work... maybe re consider your price your just scaring ppl of buying it. Rolling Eyes
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt wanna say anything but id have to agree
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look, who cares how much he wants to sell it for... he obvuiosly isn't TOO KEEN!!!! on the sale... i don't think he is to fussed if he doesn't sell it... so why not ask some crazy price and see if some crazy person pays for it

GOOD LUCK I SAY!!!!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
werd.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
makes my sprinters look cheap..... Evil or Very Mad
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look ppl i was only suggesting a price, in my experience most ppl disregard the asking price and usually offer something alot less, isn't that how it go's?

im not crazy or weird but i thought i would throw a figure out there and start from there, im not saying that i wouldnt take anything less.

so sorry if i offened anyone with that figure
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe... may as well get a good condition AE86 for $4000 and chuck in $3000-4000 for a professional 4agze conversion + extras, and still have spare cash left? Are you serious when you said the offers have gone up to the "teens"? Must be pulling our legs... Rolling Eyes

It's not easy to sell a car in toymods, coz we're all fussy and don't want to pay much... Very Happy put it in carsales.com.au for $10.. there may be some that doesn't know how much car's worth, I had mine on tradingpost and someone offered me $11,500 cash which is a good price (btw, I had a pretty big mods list), but now I may want to keep it since I've done so much hard work into it already... Razz Good luck with your sale...
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when doing a engine conversion you can never really guess how much it will cost at the start, that 3 or 4 grand can that you budgeted for can go very quickly. sure if your a mechanic and it was your second car you could keep the $$$ down but for the rest who have to get some one else to do it, 3 or 4 grand would only get you started despite what you read glossy mags. these are old cars there is always something to do on them and nothing is ever straight forward. what i was offering was a modifyed 86 with minimal to no headaches
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Tue, 26 October 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the overly reaction from everybody came when you said you have had offers in the teens which of coz no one believed, sprinters with 4agze or 4agte conversion, plus front & rear suspension setup, plus front and rear brakes conversion, may be worth something in the teens, but sometimes they can even go for as low as $8k when people get desperate, as I said mine went for $11,500, but mine was 4agte, t28 steel wheel, full intercooler, triple core radiator, front vented rear brakes, front & rear adj shocks + plenty of other things... Razz

But then, if you've got offers in the teens, better snap it up quick, coz in this forum, I think we're looking around $7-8k maximum, as my last post, put it up in the papers there should be people willing to pay more...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMHO, I give this car a rough 7K-8K value for what it has.

But hey ppl's, it is still in the workshop Rolling Eyes
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Despite all the onslaught that i may have provoked.
It might sell. But not here. And most likely not in the teen figure as ae86slaver said.

Best off keeping the car if its still sitting in a workshop.
Whats teh reason for selling??

Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that car looks almost exactly the same as mine...

fark.... anyone wanna buy mine for $14000??

levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is what i read in many performace car mags is all lies?
in all these mags they talk about how this car has such a Cult following and how its a very well balanced and a joy to drive and perfect for any drift setup, not to mention the cartoon to boost its popularity. yet all this talk about how good it go's and also to remember that its not like the others where there is a sufficent engine already waiting for you to bolt pre-fab parts on, this car requires alot more work at the beginning to get it up to par.

still the market price is so low?
who decides the price, what do you compare it with, is it really something different or is just that all talk? Confused
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its high levin-life, its just not THAT high

for 14k ask ae86drift, you can import a top condition jdm ae86 trueno...

As people have said, with your current mods, you wouldn't get more than 9k for it unless u find some nong who doesn't know the first thing about engines, but also doesn't care about how the car looks... so this rules both, ricers and enthiusets OUT...

who are you left with?

retards...

sorry, but realisticly, your asking 14k for a 20 yo car that looks like BOLLOKS...

sure it goes fast... but so does rx3's with 13bt's... and they aren't asking a 14k price tag...

8k, imports you a okay condition jdm ae86...
8k also can get you a aus spec sprinter with 4agze
10k can get you a good condition trueno
12k can get you a aus spec sprinter, converterted to jdm, looks mint, is mint and goes like the clappers
14k gets you a top to middle class ae86 import or top of the line aus-spec...

sorry, but this is the fact... what u've read in magazines is true... but don't exadurate it...

good luck with ur sale regardless

shiri
type one
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow all publicity is good publicity...

you are pretty much saying though that because of the cartoon and the cult following that you are happy to charge a premium - that's not fair is it?

The problem i am seeing a lot with respect to modified cars is that their owners expect to get back the money they spent on mods along with the
a premium... this is NEVER the case... you think a car loses its value when it walks out of a showroom... a modification loses 50% of its value once unwrapped from the plastic...
(as i am sure a lot of the members on this board will now be)
i will be interested in the finished product as i have mentioned already... so i guess keep us informed still...
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a profit to be made in sprinters type_one...

where is patato man? Laughing
type one
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it just depends on how profit is defined... i am happy if the owner is happy but not if there is daylight screwing going on... (i need to caveat by saying that for a 20 year old car there needs to be some judgment and flexibility)

anyway im not having a go... i still want to have a look cos i am still looking for one Wink

anyone want to buy my Type R for 35K? it came out of the spoon factory in japan Smile there is also a profit to be made on spoon DC2R's shiri
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 10:02

IMHO, I give this car a rough 7K-8K value for what it has.
But hey ppl's, it is still in the workshop Rolling Eyes

for what its worth levin_life, you may need to reconsider the asking price. when my car was in the workshop i thought about selling it for 6000 but i didnt get enough interest. my mods are similar to yours.
levin_life
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Wed, 27 October 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look people dont stress over the asking price i didnt put that much thought in it, this has been a great exercise this topic has had great response and im happy to see that there are people out there who actually read these forums. dont worry about asking prices and whats "daytime screwing" or not, this has been fun and see you again with another topic.

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Thu, 28 October 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i always like to think of it as:

Sell for what it HAS, and not for what it IS

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 00:02]

Gr33nM0nk3y
Regular

September 2004
Re: The AE86 To Get!!! Fri, 29 October 2004 09:59 Go to previous message
levin_life wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 22:54

look ppl i was only suggesting a price, in my experience most ppl disregard the asking price and usually offer something alot less, isn't that how it go's?

im not crazy or weird but i thought i would throw a figure out there and start from there, im not saying that i wouldnt take anything less.

so sorry if i offened anyone with that figure

if sum 1 was interested in this car, then give him an offer.
granted 14k is some bling coin. im sure like anyone selling something anywhere would like to get that little more Smile but, like i said, if u want it, give him an offer, see what he says
I'd keep it thou if you werent to fused if u sold it or not, turbo it, have some fun, sell it in a year or so when you get bored of it *shrug*

tha's just me thou.

gl with your sale mister.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:73 TA22 3TGTE, LSD Disc brake rear end SOLD!!!
Next Topic:R32 Skyline for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:25:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080559253692627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.