Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Thu, 21 October 2004 14:17 Go to next message
Hey
Well i was taking the misses for a nice casually drive.... when we were going down High street...
and this happened...
See this pic \/
We were coming from the top of the map heading South towards the bottom of the map!
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/2046/pic212.jpg

He was trying to accelerate to catch up but he was in some shitty OLD van... biggest piece of shit u'll ever see.. Some mitsubishi 1980s van... It was hilarious as he tried to catch us, u could pull away in Neutral Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Unfortunately we couldn't get the number plate of the "SON OV A BITCH", my girlfriend slept through nearly the whole event... Poor sweetheart was very tired Laughing Laughing

Well would love ur opinion

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 00:41]

Send a private message to this user    
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Thu, 21 October 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way sorry about the lame "Paint" work....

Microsoft Paint was all i could do it on... At least its version 5.1 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Thu, 21 October 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the most important part of this thread, is that Microsoft Paint 5.1, sucks. The end.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Thu, 21 October 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Double Post!

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 14:40]

SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Thu, 21 October 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
y would u go in his lane whilst hes trying to overtake?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SetMeFree wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 09:55

y would u go in his lane whilst hes trying to overtake?

I kinda got my story a bit off, I was pretty tired. I'll just clear up a few things.
There was a car in my lane that had turned out and if i braked he would have gone right up my back.. Thing is, he could have hit my car and there is no way i could have got out

He was still following me behind as i overtook the car, then he followed me as i got on that lane... As i braked he would just keep on my lane.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate you taught him good! Very Happy

what an idiot..
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If there was no other traffic around, I would've slowly eased to a stop (so that he didn't hit you) & then just sit there.
Ignore the horn (or wave to him, that really annoys them).
After a while he might decide to get out.
When he's fully out of his vehicle and starting to head towards yours, take off.

If he starts following you again, repeat.

Or find the local police station.

I've had a mate being tailgated like this and he knew he was just around the corner from the local police station. Slowed down to really annoy the guy so he was blowing the horn & was sitting seriously close. Then they went past the police station just as a pair of cops were coming out.
The guy got the reaming of his life after being pulled over. Laughing Laughing

Another time a guy was getting this done to him. But he was in a petrol 4wd with a bullbar. So he suddenly swerved into the other lane & hit the brakes. The tailgater went past him, so then the 4wd just came up behind & started pushing him down the road & couldn't accelerate away. stopped pushing after 100m & the tailgater suddenly pulled over. He was scared out of his wits & I doubt he'd ever do that again.
Don't personally recommend this one but there were no traffic or pedestrians around.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i'd do what wagonist said if there was someone else in the car with me. Otherwise, if he's 5-10cm off your arse, just slam the brakes on Very Happy and watch him get fuked
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That'd be alright if you owned a car that either:

a. you don't particularly care about
or
b. you can get fixed properly with parts easy to get

My car doesn't fit into either of those categories, so I'd be rooted (although I could get to weld on the 4wd rear end so I could do the 4wd transplant I've been wanting... Rolling Eyes )
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Road rage is getting pretty screwed these day, so many angry mofo's on the road. Heaven forbid they are 3.9 seconds late to get where ever they are heading.

I have seen heaps of road rage, the angriest I have ever seen a road rager get was when myself and a car full of mates laughed at some psycho who was road raging a chick in her car. He then turned his attention on to us, pity his Mazda 121 bubble car couldn't catch us Very Happy

I think the root of some road rage incidents stems from people who drive around with some sort of inferiority complex (you know the "What the F$%K are you looking at?" type).

Anyways a car load of us pulled up at some lights in the city, joking and laughing to ourselves, about to head out for a night on the town. Two clowns pull up beside us in one of those minute little Nikki 650cc cars and the driver in our car was just looking around aimlessly waiting for the light to change when he accidentally made eye contact with the passenger in the Nikki Shocked .

The Nikki dude promptly rolls down his window and blurts out "what the f$%k are you looking at? Is something funny c$%t??" The driver in our car was dumbfounded that he had caused so much anger by merely making eye contact and didn't know what to say.

A passenger in the back of the car I was in quickly winds down the window and says "what wrong mate?" Nikki passenger comes straight out with "do you c$%ts think something is funny". My mate being a smart arse yells out "Yeah you d$%kheads in that car!" and cracks up laughing. At that point lights turn green, these dudes in the Nikki are going balistic yelling out profanities and we drive off into the sunset for a night on the town.

No doubt these two in the Nikki felt inadequate driving around in such a beast and thought that the whole world was laughing at them (even though no one noticed them until they drew attention to themselves!!).

I have more "entertaining" road rage stories but I think they are best not discussed on public forums.

Oh and a tip to would-be road ragers: if you have a distinctive car or plates it is best not to act like a wanker especially in a small place like Canberra.

A tip to the road rage-ee: if you know you can get away and are not interested in confrontation just laugh at them and drive off, it will piss them off far more than yelling back at them Laughing

Stay cool on the roads, let Karma deal with stupidity.....
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Otherwise, if he's 5-10cm off your arse, just slam the brakes on and watch him get fuked

A friend of mine actually did this (something we have all dreamt of doing), he got hit real hard, went into a spin, other car went into a spin. Cars came to a stop. My mate gets out of car, other driver gets out and beats the shit out of my scrawny mate.

There was some dodgy driving by both parties leading up to the tailgating crash. It turned out that the guy who beat up my mate was some huge gym junkie bouncer. My twig of a mate got pounded Laughing and his car was written off. Both were charged with neg driving and the big dude got done for road rage too. I dont think it was really worth all that. They both should have just gone there separate ways and got over it.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was one of the first times I drove up to Sydney, going through Rockdale (near the 7 ways or whatever it's called) & someone pulls out from a side street straight into the middle of the highway. Lucky I was sitting a little below the limit or else I would've hit him...

So anyway I just gave him a beep, bad move Razz He slowed down & started swerving across two lanes to stop me getting past him. When he had to move over & let someone else through I followed & got past him...

Was this the end? No. Next set of lights he gets out & comes up taking a swing at me through the window & tries opening the door. Quick as a flash I slammed it shut, catching a few of his fingers at the same time Laughing

Lights go green, I drive off & he's on the side of the road screaming in agony Twisted Evil I'll get you c**t!!!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My opinion is that the roads are full of fuckheads, swear at them and move on. Theres no point spending an entire afternoon trying to make a movie out of what happened lol.

Just get on with life/driving.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch hit the nail right on the head.

Its a classic escelation procedure. someone does something that offends someone elses driving pattern/beliefs, and its usually the fuckheads that take offence to you not driving the way they expect you to.

A horn is beeped, various expletives exchanged, but where to go to from there??

people feel very secure in their cars, like they are in their own world, and since its hard to communicate feelings sitting inside a metal box its manifested with tailgating and other fucking useless and dangerous shit.

In short it all comes down to asserting dominance. Some people have an innate desire to do so, other dont.

When it comes down to it, bravery and all that shit aside, you have to use your judgement when a situation like this arrives, but due to the costs involved (both financial and physical) in confronting one of these pricks on the road, you have to wonder wether it is all worth it over whatever caused it in the first place.

If your gonna fight for whats 'right' who are you proving it to? yourself?? the other dickhead?? Its honestly more important to keep your car and face intact than to pummel, or be pummelled by, some fuckwit to the ground.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amen, SilverGhost you are wise like Yoda.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 19:17

Its a classic escalation procedure... A horn is beeped

Ok now this is what i've got a problem with. Take my story above, I beeped my horn & that was enough for this guy to take offence. I didn't gesture, didn't yell out of the window or anything.

He was a bloke in his 20's who took offence to a P-plater beeping him & then proceeded to try & cut me off. When that didn't work he tried to have a go at me personally. Did I bite? No, I tried to get on with my driving.

He was the one who carried the grudge further up the road, got out of his car and paid the price Laughing By the way this was almost 10 years ago now yet it still remains as one of the weirdest encounters i've ever had with road rage...

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 09:59]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Fri, 22 October 2004 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate van drivers.
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Sat, 23 October 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice detailed map Razz
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Sat, 23 October 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People with road rage should be forced to drive a taxi in Shenzhen China for one week.
I guarantee they will never complain about drivers in Australia ever again.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Sat, 23 October 2004 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 19:24

Amen, SilverGhost you are wise like Yoda.

Laughing

Silverghost says... trust your feelings you must, excessive use of horn leads to hand gestures, hand gestures lead to tailgating, tailgating leads to..... roadrage. these are the paths to the dark side.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Sun, 24 October 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen some crazy shit,

i was driving to maccas with my wog mates 20 y.o. gym junkie bro named reiko, some guy yelled shit from the side of the road, i didnt even know if it was as us or not, i jokingly said do u wanna stop, he said FUK YEH, so i did, we just sat there 100m up the road, they didnt move {they were going the same direction as us}
so i slowly drove off, then i realised the next corner did a lap and brought them out to exactly where they were standing, they quickly swapped to the other side of the road,i never had the intention to do anything but scare them by slowing down and stopping ect, so i did a quick u turn and stopped, as did they, then my mate got out and approcahed the the 20 odd year olds as i waited in the car causer i knew he'd be ok.

he walks up,

reiko: u find something funny mate

dudes: nah man

reiko: u laughed at us, why?

dudes: we werent laughing at u guys man

reiko: alright, dont let it happen again

dudes: ok

reiko puts his hand out to shake theirs, they shake, and reiko turns around and gets about one step, then pivots and gets right up in one of their faces,

reiko: WHAT THE FUCK R U LAUGHING AT FUCKWIT

dudes: {after they shit their pants} nah nah man, nothing, nothing hey, we didnt laugh, sorry man {all that was said in about 0.25 of a second Laughing }

reiko: u better not have, now fuck off, {he steps to the side and pointed up the road like u would to your 4 y.o. kid to go inside the house}

dudes just put their heads down and didnt make eye contact and just walked past him

i was trying very hard not to laugh as they walked past.

was funny

SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Mon, 25 October 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 19:58

SilverGhost wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 19:17

Its a classic escalation procedure... A horn is beeped

Ok now this is what i've got a problem with. Take my story above, I beeped my horn & that was enough for this guy to take offence. I didn't gesture, didn't yell out of the window or anything.

He was a bloke in his 20's who took offence to a P-plater beeping him & then proceeded to try & cut me off. When that didn't work he tried to have a go at me personally. Did I bite? No, I tried to get on with my driving.

He was the one who carried the grudge further up the road, got out of his car and paid the price Laughing By the way this was almost 10 years ago now yet it still remains as one of the weirdest encounters i've ever had with road rage...

And once you stroll down the dark path...forever will it dominate your destiny hehe

Conquest: I wasnt trying to lay blame infact you have every right to beep some prick that cuts you off, i was just outlining that everyones reaction to that is different, some people take it quite personally and must answer this 'challenge to their honour' in almost klingonesque style thus escalation of a 'minor' incident occurs.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Mon, 25 October 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other day on the way home from work I was on the inside lane of a double laned roundabout. Guy in some Mitsashiti Van was on the outside, we were both heading straight through the roundabout. Anyway as we start driving around it, hes half a car infront and just starts to cut into my lane to do a straight racing line through the roundabout. I give a little beep to let him know I'm there, and he proceeds to start cursing and gesturing and all sorts. I dunno what it is with people... If I hadn't have beeped he would have hit me, hopeless fucking drivers.

SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Mon, 25 October 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe, i think its unanimous that anyone driving an old Mitsabullshit spectron or similar is worth keepin an eye on.... Mad
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Mon, 25 October 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe sometimes road ragers give us a license to speed. after beeping honk and all, they tail gate and u give em a piece of toyota raw power!!! Cops stop u, just say u didnt want to get hit frm road rager!!

Adrian aka SR TWINCAM, was he closer to ur tail than how i do it??
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Extremely bad case of Roadrage from A van driver.. Stupid Fuckhead Mon, 25 October 2004 14:24 Go to previous message
b1gb3n wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 17:37

i believe sometimes road ragers give us a license to speed. after beeping honk and all, they tail gate and u give em a piece of toyota raw power!!! Cops stop u, just say u didnt want to get hit frm road rager!!

Adrian aka SR TWINCAM, was he closer to ur tail than how i do it??

Fuck yeah tell me about it...
I didn't wanna speed... it was just a better option than getting a ding in the back of my car, i know he wouldn't have stopped..

I'm sure he would have let me swap insurance info after he bashes the crap out of me...

Funny as how he tried to follow me.. it was like comparing a 30 second 1/4 car to a 16.5 second car.. it was hilarious...

He put his foot down but he would go nowhere...
What a cockhead i say hehehe

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2.4 camry altise vs charade
Next Topic:AE86 Trueno/Sprinter Performance
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 12:35:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063149929046631 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.